Evangelicals: "we're losin' 'Murica"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Evangelicals: "we're losin' 'Murica"
According to this article in The Christian Science Monitor, evangelicals are sad that Murica has lost its identity. Good. Let's get back to the founding principles of this country. This can't be stamped out of existence fast enough.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-evangelic...25426.html

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
26-06-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: Evangelicals: "we're losin' 'Murica"
Wink

Sucks to be them!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
26-06-2016, 07:00 PM
I'm not convinced that the lack of xtians constitutes a lack of identity, just fewer christ-punchers, which is a good thing. Once the religious shit gets dialed down, we can focus on a lot of other things that actually matter.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
26-06-2016, 07:05 PM
....can't happen fast enough. I live in the DEEP bowels of the bible belt, in bum fuck Tennessee now, where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a church. I think 1 in every 4 non residential buildings here is a church. Weeping

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
26-06-2016, 07:55 PM
(26-06-2016 07:05 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ....can't happen fast enough. I live in the DEEP bowels of the bible belt, in bum fuck Tennessee now, where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a church. I think 1 in every 4 non residential buildings here is a church. Weeping

Maybe THAT'S why God's less likely to hit an atheist with a lightning bolt than hit a church.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
26-06-2016, 08:15 PM
I feel about as sorry for the Jesus fellators as I do for NAZIS who had the gas company shut off the gas to their ovens, for non-payment.............

fuck em all, fuck em hard, and fuck em often............

drizzle dick fuckwads..............

(damn that felt good)...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-06-2016, 08:25 PM
(26-06-2016 08:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I feel about as sorry for the Jesus fellators as I do for NAZIS who had the gas company shut off the gas to their ovens, for non-payment.............

(damn that felt good)...

Big Grin

Keep on swearing, the doctors says its both good for your mental and physical health!Smartass

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hid...s-swearing

http://www.medicaldaily.com/benefits-swe...ain-282784

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
26-06-2016, 08:32 PM
(26-06-2016 08:25 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 08:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I feel about as sorry for the Jesus fellators as I do for NAZIS who had the gas company shut off the gas to their ovens, for non-payment.............

(damn that felt good)...

Big Grin

Keep on swearing, the doctors says its both good for your mental and physical health!Smartass

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hid...s-swearing

http://www.medicaldaily.com/benefits-swe...ain-282784

"If done correctly, it can also signal that we are open, honest, self-deprecating, easygoing, and barrel loads of fun."

Definitely agree with that. There's a woman I work with who almost swears but always manages to catch herself. The other day she finally snapped and let loose. it was hilarious. I asked her if she felts better, and she laughed.

Uptight people need to get laid.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
27-06-2016, 07:56 AM
(25-06-2016 08:59 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  According to this article in The Christian Science Monitor, evangelicals are sad that Murica has lost its identity.

"Identity?" I wonder if these clowns realize that Christian fundamentalism came about the century after the US was founded. Of course, Christian fundamentalism and historical revisionism go hand in hand, pretty much by necessity.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
27-06-2016, 07:59 AM
(27-06-2016 07:56 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Of course, Christian fundamentalism and historical revisionism go hand in hand, pretty much by necessity.

What are you talking about? We've always been a Christian nation at war with Eastasia.
[+] 6 users Like Reltzik's post