Evangelists stalking the hospitals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Evangelists stalking the hospitals
Whenever I've been hospitalized there are orders that no one of a religious order is to visit. Evangelists seem to think this doesn't apply to them and because they aren't wearing religious garb there is nothing to identify them with the staff. One time I was very sick and one woman insisted on visiting and prosthelitizing then insisted on saying a prayer. I was too ill to tell her to leave my room and I couldn't reach the bell cord. Had I had the strength I'd have thrown something at her to shut her up. How do we stop this? When I recently posed this question to an attorney his response was that it's pretty hard to stop. I've even had orders for no visitors and it doesn't stop them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2013, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 02:21 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: Evangelists stalking the hospitals
You should have asked her to help you get a nurse and then have nurse tell person to leave.

That's exactly what I would have done

I should also add, I'm sorry you've been hospitalized enough that this was an issue.

Hug

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-06-2013, 02:17 PM
MSBB is right, that is the only thing that can be done. People like that will not stop or follow rules. They have to be removed, much like ticks now that I think about it.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
06-06-2013, 02:47 PM
That's not common at all. Most hospitals would take that sort of thing very seriously these days. You should consider reporting it to your state's Health Facilities Complaints department of your State Department of Health. They are mandated to investigate, by Federal law, and the hospital could/would be a a lot of trouble, if they accept Medicare/Medicaid funds.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-06-2013, 10:18 PM
If someone were to come into my room and start spouting foolishness then I'm afraid no amount of bodily damage or fatigue will save that person from my rage.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
06-06-2013, 10:28 PM
I'll be in the hospital in and out for a few weeks starting next week, so this kind of worries me now. I won't be able to hold my tongue if anyone tries to cash in on my families fortune or misfortune as the case will be.

Sorry you've had trouble with it, but do everything in your power to make it stop. No doubt they think they're helping, but really all they're doing is cashing in on peoples misery, hoping to catch them at a vulnerable moment. Serious asshole behavior.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody