Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
18-09-2016, 11:16 PM
RE: Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
(18-09-2016 11:12 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Then I am off the hook. Live and let live, "sis". Peace to you!

(Springy G cracks Her knuckles) I am not your sister. If I were, I would disown you.

May your beliefs poison literally everything in your life and leave you utterly without peace until not a trace of faith remains in you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2016, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2016 11:35 PM by Gloucester.)
(18-09-2016 09:11 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 01:43 PM)Astreja Wrote:  call any of them sins, though.
The atheist is divided, there is a crack in any atheist: the conscious says "No True God, No soul, No freewill, No life, No way, No intelligent design, No sin, No evil, No good, No saints, No wonders, No miracles, No theists, No Verity, No authority, No forbidden words, No insults, and all - No. No....".
But the subconscious does have the definition and recognition of any of these No-es. In the subconscious they are Yes-es! Yes: True God, Yes: soul, yes freewill, etc.

[There is no tick, ☆ is my substitute]
* No True God ☆
* No soul ☆
* No freewill: only in the sense that choice is limited by circumstance, ability, psychology etc
* No life: life is something that I appreciate, despite what it has dealt me.
* No way: way of what?
* No intelligent design: only that which humans create.
* No sin: only ill intent, wrong action etc. due to sickness of the mind.
* No evil: see above
* No good: lots of good - true love, honest affection, charity, empathy . . .
* No saints ☆
* No wonders: there are natural wonders in the physical universe, from sub-atomic particles upward, beyond our reckoning.
* No miracles ☆
* No theists: patently there are, I can see, hear, touch and smell them - ergo they exist.
* No Verity: truth? Yes, everywhere. But so is the opposite.
* No authority: only that which humans assume or confer.
* No forbidden words: words are arbitrary, it is individual humans who place the value on them
* No insult: "sticks and stones..." . See above

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
18-09-2016, 11:40 PM
Somebody in this post said, what pissing on own child's grave is not the sin, but the sickness. Enjoy my reply: "any sin is the sickness."
18-09-2016, 11:52 PM
(18-09-2016 11:40 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Somebody in this post said, what pissing on own child's grave is not the sin, but the sickness. Enjoy my reply: "any sin is the sickness."

Correct, what you term "sin" is an action or intent due to some temporary or permanent disorder of the mind, possibly resulting in an extreme positive or negative emotional and/or physical event.

In my definition/understanding at least.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
19-09-2016, 12:00 AM
(18-09-2016 02:31 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 01:43 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Then sin doesn't exist in My world. I don't really see the point of dying in order to avoid doing something. Either the action is entirely appropriate (for instance, telling an abusive and narcissistic parent to fuck off, or betraying one's country in order to save lives), or it is a forced action, or it is the result of a psychiatric condition, or it simply isn't as bad as you think it is.

There are many things that I absolutely refuse to do:
  • No intention of ever reuniting with My ex-spouse, whom I haven't even spoken to in over 16 years.
  • Never said the Sinner's Prayer, and don't intend to.
  • Not intending to read any of the Twilight books or watch the movies Titanic or Passion of the Christ.
  • Smoked oysters are right out.
I wouldn't call any of them sins, though.

Honestly, Titanic wasn't that bad.

The boat sinks

The single redeeming moment of that movie was watching Leonardo DiCaprio's waterlogged corpse sink into the abyss. The rest was saccharine pap that made me want those two hours of my life refunded.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
19-09-2016, 12:04 AM
(18-09-2016 09:45 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 09:37 PM)Astreja Wrote:  in a very pretty pond 93+ billion light years in diameter.

Truman Show? I guess the irony was too subtle for you.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
19-09-2016, 12:07 AM
(18-09-2016 11:16 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 11:12 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Then I am off the hook. Live and let live, "sis". Peace to you!

(Springy G cracks Her knuckles) I am not your sister. If I were, I would disown you.

His mother left him before he was born.

---
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
19-09-2016, 12:11 AM
(19-09-2016 12:07 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  His mother left him before he was born.

Neat trick!
19-09-2016, 12:15 AM
(18-09-2016 11:40 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Somebody in this post said, what pissing on own child's grave is not the sin, but the sickness. Enjoy my reply: "any sin is the sickness."

Ah, but you said earlier that a sin was something so bad that people would rather die than do such a thing.

No one should have to die for a sickness.

Do you understand the difference, or is that asking too much of your mythology-intoxicated brain?
19-09-2016, 12:15 AM
(18-09-2016 09:34 PM)theBorg Wrote:  We are strong and powerful in the reality. We are the masters in our local, personal world: we can do what ever we like in our home, and in our beautiful mind.

Yup, Masters.

[Image: 5c67c81a03855c3128b15df5a8a78fe0.jpg]

[Image: creutzfeldt-jakob-disease-cjd.jpg]

---