Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
19-09-2016, 07:02 AM
RE: Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
(19-09-2016 06:46 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 05:38 AM)unfogged Wrote:  If the probability is not known at all ... then it can be easily dismissed.
Better to say "the manuscript will be rejected in Physical Review Letters." But we all know, what word "dismissal" for a truth-seeker is the "disproof". The Fermat Last Theorem was not ever dismissed.

Please stop taking quotes out of context and please stop telling us what we should be saying. If I had wanted to say it was disproved I would say that. I said the claim could be dismissed because there is no evidence for it and therefore no way to evaluate the truth of it. It is dismissed because it is meaningless.

And you might want to re-think your use of Fermat's Last Theorem to support your contentions. It doesn't.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 07:03 AM
(19-09-2016 06:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 06:52 AM)theBorg Wrote:  I have logical proofs of the Holy Trinity. Please look for "Dmitri Martila" and do not come back without the scientific disproofs of my proofs.

Present your argument or fuck off. You do not dictate what I must or must not do.

(19-09-2016 06:52 AM)theBorg Wrote:  A scientist is in right, until the disproof comes.

No. No. No. No. NO.

And No.

I can't say No enough in fact.

This shows 100% that you do not in any way understand science or the scientific method.

And one last time ... No.

Fuck it.

No.

No, I really mean it, NO.

What, like "Not fucking ever" you mean?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
19-09-2016, 07:08 AM
Quote:Please stop taking quotes out of context

But he can't O Unfoggy One, he's a fundamentalist, out of context quoting is a genetic predisposition.

Ask Randy Ruggles, he knows all about that stuff!

[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
19-09-2016, 07:35 AM
(19-09-2016 07:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 06:46 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The Fermat Last Theorem was not ever dismissed.
And you might want to re-think your use of Fermat's Last Theorem to support your contentions. It doesn't.

Fermat's Last Theorem was never dismissed because no counter example was ever found. Got no idea what that has to do with Booger's point. Got no idea what Booger's point is.

#sigh
19-09-2016, 09:13 AM
(19-09-2016 02:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  A sickness is not necessarily the sin. But a sin is always the sickness.

Sin and your alleged god are both imaginary until you can demonstrate to My satisfaction (not to your satisfaction) that your god exists.

(19-09-2016 05:24 AM)theBorg Wrote:  If the probability is not known to be exactly zero, then a thing can not be dismissed.

Why not dismiss improbable things? Utter waste of time to consider them seriously until quality evidence is available.

Oh, and by the way -- Using your own twisted logic you are now obligated to accept that there is a nonzero probability that I might actually be a god many orders of magnitude more powerful than your god. Cool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
19-09-2016, 09:29 AM
(19-09-2016 09:13 AM)Astreja Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 02:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  A sickness is not necessarily the sin. But a sin is always the sickness.

Sin and your alleged god are both imaginary until you can demonstrate to My satisfaction (not to your satisfaction) that your god exists.

(19-09-2016 05:24 AM)theBorg Wrote:  If the probability is not known to be exactly zero, then a thing can not be dismissed.

Why not dismiss improbable things? Utter waste of time to consider them seriously until quality evidence is available.

Oh, and by the way -- Using your own twisted logic you are now obligated to accept that there is a nonzero probability that I might actually be a god many orders of magnitude more powerful than your god. Cool

BowingBowingBowingBowingBowingBowingBowingBowingBowingBowing

19-09-2016, 09:32 AM
(19-09-2016 09:13 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Oh, and by the way -- Using your own twisted logic you are now obligated to accept that there is a nonzero probability that I might actually be a god many orders of magnitude more powerful than your god. Cool

Well duh. Infinitely more powerful even.

#sigh
19-09-2016, 09:53 AM
(18-09-2016 01:07 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Why is the word "fuck" a bad thing?

I've honestly never managed to figure out how "curse words" became a thing.

Seriously, all these words mean exactly the same thing:

fuck
intercourse
coitus
fornication
copulate
philander
mate
screw
bang
hump

And yet only one of them is a "bad word". WHY!?!
I can no longer use the word 'coitus' to mean sex, because I think of Sheldon every time I hear it. Undecided

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
19-09-2016, 09:59 AM
(19-09-2016 09:32 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 09:13 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Oh, and by the way -- Using your own twisted logic you are now obligated to accept that there is a nonzero probability that I might actually be a god many orders of magnitude more powerful than your god. Cool

Well duh. Infinitely more powerful even.
Yes, we humans can actually cure people of ills that no supernatural entity can even get close to.

OK, we can cause those ills as well, but that is still a demonstration of far more power than any god.

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

Epicurus

19-09-2016, 10:24 AM
(19-09-2016 09:53 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 01:07 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Why is the word "fuck" a bad thing?

I've honestly never managed to figure out how "curse words" became a thing.

Seriously, all these words mean exactly the same thing:

fuck
intercourse
coitus
fornication
copulate
philander
mate
screw
bang
hump

And yet only one of them is a "bad word". WHY!?!
I can no longer use the word 'coitus' to mean sex, because I think of Sheldon every time I hear it. Undecided

You used it before?