Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
19-09-2016, 10:25 AM
RE: Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
(18-09-2016 09:34 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 06:51 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  The laws would not exist without us and our particular way of knowledge.
The professors as S.Hawking,R.Dawkins, etc. have told you, what a human is simply a star-dust??? Hello, we are small fishes only in our imagination! We are strong and powerful in the reality. We are the masters in our local, personal world: we can do what ever we like in our home, and in our beautiful mind. Therefore, stop calling yourself ``small fish" and let us teach these fat professors some legal lessons in good manners!
Listen: ``Disturbed - Land Of Confusion [Official Music Video]", "The Uprising Of The Saints" in YouTube. Glory to the Jesus Christ.

I don't know what you are talking about. I don't call myself a small fish. I call myself what I am, a Human being. I don't recognize such a thing as a personal world. I only recognize one world, the one that exists. I can't do "whatever I want". I am subject to the laws of nature just like everything else. And if I want knowledge of the world I have to go through a specific process, one that works with facts and not what I can imagine.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 10:52 AM
(19-09-2016 05:10 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 03:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Logic is meaningless

You are a dishonest asshole - that is not what she said. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-09-2016, 11:25 AM
(19-09-2016 09:13 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Oh, and by the way -- Using your own twisted logic you are now obligated to accept that there is a nonzero probability that I might actually be a god many orders of magnitude more powerful than your god. Cool

(19-09-2016 09:32 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Well duh. Infinitely more powerful even.

Good thing that I'm agnostic regarding My own divinity, lest I actually try to use all that power. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
19-09-2016, 11:36 AM
(18-09-2016 01:07 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Why is the word "fuck" a bad thing?

I've honestly never managed to figure out how "curse words" became a thing.

Seriously, all these words mean exactly the same thing:

fuck
intercourse
coitus
fornication
copulate
philander
mate
screw
bang
hump

And yet only one of them is a "bad word". WHY!?!

Can I offer:

poke
roger
bonk
shag
shaft

to the list.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
19-09-2016, 01:07 PM
(19-09-2016 07:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I said the claim could be dismissed because there is no evidence for it and therefore no way to evaluate the truth of it. It is dismissed because it is meaningless.
Some examples of the "claims", please! Give us an examples! What claims? Are there any of such claims to be total ignorant of? I mean the open-minded Scientist, the free-thinker, even does no reject the Multiverse idea. The Nobel winner studies the freewill (do you need the link to the arXiv paper?). Somebody here is too old, too archaic.
19-09-2016, 01:14 PM
(19-09-2016 06:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  No. No. No. No. No... No, I really mean it, NO.
Really is not surprising: your are the conscious atheist, but subconscious theist. Only No-es are in atheism. Let me repeat:
Quote:The atheist is divided, there is a crack in any atheist: the conscious says "No True God, No soul, No freewill, No life, No way, No intelligent design, No sin, No evil, No good, No saints, No wonders, No miracles, No theists, No Verity, No authority, No forbidden words, No insults, and all - No. No....".
But the subconscious do have the definition and recognition of any of these No-es. In the subconscious they are Yes-es! Yes: True God, Yes: soul, yes freewill, etc.
19-09-2016, 01:15 PM
theBorg, why are you not worshipping Me yet? Hop to it, mortal.
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
19-09-2016, 01:21 PM
(19-09-2016 07:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 07:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  And you might want to re-think your use of Fermat's Last Theorem to support your contentions. It doesn't.

Fermat's Last Theorem was never dismissed because no counter example was ever found.
But there was no evidence, what the proof does exist. So, the FLT came without the evidence, without the proof. But was not automatically dismissed. The proof was found many many many decades later. The proof is so complicated and written in such abstract language, so we are not ever can be sure, what that single, over 100 pages, proof is correct.
19-09-2016, 01:29 PM
(19-09-2016 09:13 AM)Astreja Wrote:  that I might actually be a god many orders of magnitude more powerful than your god.
This "probability" is exactly zero. The proof: 1) you are atheist, 2) you say, what you might be the anthropo-theist. We came to contradiction, then you are not the True God. Your view are these: theism in subconscious, atheism in conscious. See the picture in my proza.ru.
19-09-2016, 01:32 PM
(19-09-2016 09:13 AM)Astreja Wrote:  until you can demonstrate to My satisfaction (not to your satisfaction) that your god exists.
Need some miracles?
[Image: HypnoticSpirAL-300x300.png]