Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
19-09-2016, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2016 01:46 PM by theBorg.)
RE: Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
(19-09-2016 01:15 PM)Astreja Wrote:  theBorg, why are you not worshipping Me yet? Hop to it, mortal.
Because I am the True Christian, not the anthropo-theist.

A pen can not be a spoon. A Christian is not the anthropo-theist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 02:02 PM
(19-09-2016 10:24 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 09:53 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  I can no longer use the word 'coitus' to mean sex, because I think of Sheldon every time I hear it. Undecided

You used it before?
Come to think of it... no. In fact, I totally forgot about that word until I heard Sheldon say it 5 bazillion times.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
19-09-2016, 03:27 PM
(19-09-2016 01:40 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 01:15 PM)Astreja Wrote:  theBorg, why are you not worshipping Me yet? Hop to it, mortal.

"a pen can not be a spoon."

According to the Bible in Mathew chapter 17 verse 20: "for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

Certainly if one has the faith of a mustard seed a pen can be whatever one wants it to be or do anything one wants it to do, according to Jesus in the story. So you are contradicting what Christianity teaches with your statement, which by the way is an expression of the primacy of existence principle which Christianity rejects. So once again we see the theist having to borrow from my atheistic philosophy to make any statements of truth. Very damning.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
19-09-2016, 04:01 PM
(19-09-2016 01:32 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Need some miracles?

No, I need to see your actual god. No sign of it anywhere. Maybe it got killed in the Big Bang, 1 Planck time after uttering the words "!היי, תראה את זה"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2016, 04:26 PM
(19-09-2016 04:01 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 01:32 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Need some miracles?

No, I need to see your actual god. No sign of it anywhere. Maybe it got killed in the Big Bang, 1 Planck time after uttering the words "!היי, תראה את זה"

So God was killed in the lab explosion that produced us? Nice.

I always figured Yahweh was just a local deity (like yourself) standing in for the absent Creator after he went missing. The other gods elected him to run the Divine Council (Psalms 82:1), and it went to his head, I guess... started talking about "no other gods before me" and telling his little tribe to kill anyone who stood in the way of their expansion and to mistreat anyone who didn't follow his weird rules about cutting off parts of penises. Rolleyes

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
19-09-2016, 04:45 PM
(19-09-2016 01:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 07:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I said the claim could be dismissed because there is no evidence for it and therefore no way to evaluate the truth of it. It is dismissed because it is meaningless.
Some examples of the "claims", please!
Literally your entire posting history. You have provided no demonstrable evidence to support any of your claims and assertions. You just pull shit out of you ass and past your shoulders and slap it all over.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
19-09-2016, 05:39 PM
(19-09-2016 01:40 PM)theBorg Wrote:  

How about anyone who claims to be a True Christian® gets insta-banned? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-09-2016, 06:09 PM
(19-09-2016 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 01:40 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Because I am the True Christian, not the anthropo-theist.

How about anyone who claims to be a True Christian® gets insta-banned? Consider

1) It is against every principle of a freethinking society.

2) It is waaaaayyyy too much fun to chew on them when they say this stupid shit.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
19-09-2016, 06:15 PM
(19-09-2016 06:09 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  How about anyone who claims to be a True Christian® gets insta-banned? Consider

1) It is against every principle of a freethinking society.

How so? They have declared that they have utterly forsaken thinking, let alone free-thinking.

Quote:2) It is waaaaayyyy too much fun to chew on them when they say this stupid shit.

But there is no more to be said, nothing to discuss, nothing to discover, and no more actual fun once they've declared. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
19-09-2016, 10:28 PM
(19-09-2016 03:27 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  "a pen can not be a spoon."
... the primacy of existence principle which Christianity rejects...
What are you talking about? 1) give us link to "the primacy of existence principle", 2) give us link to the article "Christianity rejects the primacy of existence principle"