Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
20-09-2016, 09:21 AM
RE: Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
(20-09-2016 09:18 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 04:51 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  But your definition did not say how a god would be superior, just that it was in some way. So a being needs to be superior specifically in Maths does it?

Then your definition says that Emmy Noether is a god.
Obviously, the True God is superior in every aspect, except the sins like the drinking vodka.Smile

...and forgiving us for our disbelief. He's pretty inferior in that aspect, since he's incapable of doing so. Or am i wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
20-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Has Astreja's cat come back to her? Or did god fail at a simple cat resurrection too?
20-09-2016, 11:26 AM
(20-09-2016 09:25 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Has Astreja's cat come back to her? Or did god fail at a simple cat resurrection too?

No, no sign of RJ when I left for work this morning. I can't say that I'm particularly surprised, but I had a fleeting moment of "Wouldn't it be cool if..." curiosity and actually looked, going out the back door off the kitchen and walking past the front door on the way to the bus stop.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
20-09-2016, 12:08 PM
(20-09-2016 03:34 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 03:23 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Is then the definition in Wikipedia wrong?

Wikipedia does not provide a single definition. Like you, it is unable to provide one.....
So, if a thing has two or more alternative definitions, then there are no definitions? Wishful thinking, "sis", wishful thinking!
20-09-2016, 12:24 PM
(20-09-2016 09:21 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 09:18 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Obviously, the True God is superior in every aspect, except the sins like the drinking vodka.Smile

...and forgiving us for our disbelief.... Or am i wrong?
You have left one crucial thing. A sinner is the evil rebel. It's hard to say "I am sorry". Listen to the song:

20-09-2016, 01:27 PM
I used to be a Chicago fan. Their first two albums were very good, and then they started doing vile pop pap like "Hard to Say I'm Sorry" and lost Me as a fan. (Not a particularly good live band either.)
20-09-2016, 01:43 PM
An Islamic picture of Solon.

[Image: 1024px-Meister_des_al-Mubashshir-Manuskripts_003.jpg]

The Mongols really fucked up Islam didn't they?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-09-2016, 01:46 PM
(20-09-2016 01:27 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I used to be a Chicago fan. Their first two albums were very good, and then they started doing vile pop pap like "Hard to Say I'm Sorry" and lost Me as a fan. (Not a particularly good live band either.)

Their current drummer, Tris Imboden, just came through cancer. While in hospital and recovery, the band payed him every week.

You may not like the band, but they have class.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
20-09-2016, 04:27 PM
(20-09-2016 01:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Their current drummer, Tris Imboden, just came through cancer. While in hospital and recovery, the band payed him every week.

You may not like the band, but they have class.

Indeed, that is very classy.

I have nothing whatsoever against any of the band members -- I just wish they had stuck with thundering, rocking, brass-heavy stuff like "25 or 6 to 4."
20-09-2016, 05:55 PM
(20-09-2016 09:18 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 04:51 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  But your definition did not say how a god would be superior, just that it was in some way. So a being needs to be superior specifically in Maths does it?

Then your definition says that Emmy Noether is a god.
Obviously, the True God is superior in every aspect, except the sins like the drinking vodka.Smile

More stolen concepts. You should really learn what this fallacy is and how to identify it in your thinking. You'll find that theism is ripe with this fallacy including its very starting point. What good is a worldview that begins with a fallacious starting point?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick