Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
21-09-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
I'm getting bored of this chew toy now. He doesn't even try responding to any of the points against him. He just writes irrelevant and meaningless rubbish in response.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
21-09-2016, 04:16 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2016 04:24 AM by theBorg.)
(21-09-2016 12:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  .... He just writes irrelevant and meaningless rubbish in response.
The word "flat" has several meanings: an apartment, a flat spacetime,....
Thus, the word is multi-meaningful. Why then the word "god" can not be the multi-meaningful? The meaning in atheism: the pure nothingness; the meaning in Christianity: Jesus Christ, Holy Trinity; the meaning in some other theism: the Living Universe; the meaning in Islam: Allah.
21-09-2016, 04:47 AM
(20-09-2016 04:07 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  .... bad manners in this house..... the offence is stupidity and/or gross bad manners.
I am not convinced, perhaps someone just keeps bullying. Would you collect the signatures to increase my Warning Level? I am not convinced, until it would be different from zero.
21-09-2016, 05:33 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2016 05:36 AM by Gloucester.)
(21-09-2016 04:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 04:07 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  .... bad manners in this house..... the offence is stupidity and/or gross bad manners.
I am not convinced, perhaps someone just keeps bullying. Would you collect the signatures to increase my Warning Level? I am not convinced, until it would be different from zero.
As I understand it warnings are not guven for bad manners or stupidity. If they were most of us would be "non-zero"!

Hypocrisy so often rules in forums, especially where manners are concerned.

But then, what is considered a mild and common rebuke in one culture can be a gross slur in another.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
21-09-2016, 05:39 AM
(21-09-2016 12:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm getting bored of this chew toy now. He doesn't even try responding to any of the points against him. He just writes irrelevant and meaningless rubbish in response.

That's all he has. You have to go with your strengths.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
21-09-2016, 05:41 AM
(21-09-2016 05:39 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 12:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm getting bored of this chew toy now. He doesn't even try responding to any of the points against him. He just writes irrelevant and meaningless rubbish in response.

That's all he has. You have to go with your strengths.
And let the Force guide you...

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
21-09-2016, 05:45 AM
(21-09-2016 04:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  

The warning level is not used on this forum. Look, however, at your reputation. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-09-2016, 06:14 AM
(21-09-2016 05:41 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 05:39 AM)unfogged Wrote:  That's all he has. You have to go with your strengths.
And let the Force guide you...

Maybe he would make a more convincing case if he expressed his ideas through the medium of dance?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-09-2016, 06:21 AM
(21-09-2016 04:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 12:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  .... He just writes irrelevant and meaningless rubbish in response.
The word "flat" has several meanings: an apartment, a flat spacetime,....
Thus, the word is multi-meaningful. Why then the word "god" can not be the multi-meaningful? The meaning in atheism: the pure nothingness; the meaning in Christianity: Jesus Christ, Holy Trinity; the meaning in some other theism: the Living Universe; the meaning in Islam: Allah.

The reason it has no meaning, much less multi-meaning is that it does not reference anything in reality. If you think it does, can you explain how we can reliably distinguish what you call God from something you are merely imagining?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
21-09-2016, 06:29 AM
(21-09-2016 06:21 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  .... how we can reliably distinguish what you call God from something you are merely imagining?
The multi-meanings of word "god" are used in the psychology, politics, theology and sociology. Do you agree, what it is useful there?