Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
16-09-2016, 08:18 AM
RE: Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
(16-09-2016 08:03 AM)kim Wrote:  
Quote: Comment on the arXiv:1412.6136. The higher dimensions are not penetrable not because they are cyclic (the curvature of the tiny circle is infinite), but because they are additional abstract parameters of the system. Like the coordinate time in Newton Physics is such the parameter: there is no spacetime in Newton Era. How about the Strong Equivalence Principle? To satisfy it, one need to make these parameters the independent from the coordinates of the Einstein's Spacetime. Therefore these additional parameters do appear to us as the fundamental constants in our physical laws. So, an atheist might say together with theists: “the laws came from above!”

I'm sure it would read better if I had dropped acid. Drinking Beverage

Just drink lots and lots of highly caffeinated coffee.

You won't understand it any better but you'll read it with an extra zing!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
16-09-2016, 09:09 AM
(16-09-2016 08:14 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(16-09-2016 07:49 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Change the word songs to laws.
Manilow is a god Smile

Yeah, but you know what we think about gods round here . . .

Evil_monster

That they represent the worst parts of our imagination ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
16-09-2016, 09:21 AM
Why do I suddenly feel like singing?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-09-2016, 12:20 PM
(16-09-2016 02:43 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Comment on the arXiv:1412.6136. The higher dimensions are not penetrable not because they are cyclic (the curvature of the tiny circle is infinite), but because they are additional abstract parameters of the system. Like the coordinate time in Newton Physics is such the parameter: there is no spacetime in Newton Era. How about the Strong Equivalence Principle? To satisfy it, one need to make these parameters the independent from the coordinates of the Einstein's Spacetime. Therefore these additional parameters do appear to us as the fundamental constants in our physical laws. So, an atheist might say together with theists: “the laws came from above!”

Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it? - ResearchGate. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net [accessed Sep 16, 2016].

[Image: d2df5ff316a7d48353ded5ecc03fc759.jpg]

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
16-09-2016, 01:10 PM
Well I tried being civil. Asking question and presenting arguments. But it seems Borg is just not capable of holding a conversation. And for that I do declare open season on trolls.

[Image: poison_troll_kill.png]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
16-09-2016, 01:19 PM
(16-09-2016 02:43 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Not this particular atheist! "The laws" in the sense of physical principles are inherent properties of physical entities and didn't "come" from anywhere. They're just here.

You present as a truly desperate believer, using science that you clearly do not understand and arguments that are poorly constructed, in a vain attempt to get us to believe in your unproven and probably totally imaginary god.

You have no credibility left here and you are now just our plaything to mock and poke around.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
16-09-2016, 01:24 PM
(16-09-2016 01:10 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Well I tried being civil. Asking question and presenting arguments. But it seems Borg is just not capable of holding a conversation. And for that I do declare open season on trolls.

I will say that his is one of the most brilliant uses of ResearchGate that I have ever seen. Big Grin theBorg And his CV is absolutely the best I've ever seen:

About
CV: author in Physical Review E and European Physical Journal B, got Grants and won Prizes.

Dude gets points for creativity. Or insanity. Or both. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-09-2016, 01:39 PM
[Image: 14t4mbl.jpg]

[Made this yonks ago, had a lousy camera in those days, all of 300k pixels! Wrapped round an air freshener spray]

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
16-09-2016, 01:52 PM
(16-09-2016 08:03 AM)kim Wrote:  
Quote: Comment on the arXiv:1412.6136. The higher dimensions are not penetrable not because they are cyclic (the curvature of the tiny circle is infinite), but because they are additional abstract parameters of the system. Like the coordinate time in Newton Physics is such the parameter: there is no spacetime in Newton Era. How about the Strong Equivalence Principle? To satisfy it, one need to make these parameters the independent from the coordinates of the Einstein's Spacetime. Therefore these additional parameters do appear to us as the fundamental constants in our physical laws. So, an atheist might say together with theists: “the laws came from above!”

I'm sure it would read better if I had dropped acid. Drinking Beverage

Wow, that's just asking for a bad trip.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
16-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Composition: 0/10. (I can barely even tell what he's saying)
Insightfulness: 1/10 (Should be zero but it's the strongest of the four categories.)
Originality: 0/10 (He copy-pasta-and-spammed it.)
Entertainment: 0/10 (It's not even laugh-worthy. Just.... meh.)

Overall score: 1/40

....... this guy's making Heywood look good.