Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
23-09-2016, 01:24 PM
RE: Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
(23-09-2016 12:12 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Hey thats pretty much the plot to Doom!

Oh, great... Not only can theBorg not distinguish between religion and reality; apparently he can't distinguish between video games and reality either. Second the motion to get his anti-psychotic medication reassessed.

On the bright side, I loved listening to the music from DOOM and DOOM II. (Couldn't play either one due to motion sickness, though).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2016, 01:30 PM
(23-09-2016 01:24 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 12:12 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Hey thats pretty much the plot to Doom!

Oh, great... Not only can theBorg not distinguish between religion and reality; apparently he can't distinguish between video games and reality either. Second the motion to get his anti-psychotic medication reassessed.

On the bright side, I loved listening to the music from DOOM and DOOM II. (Couldn't play either one due to motion sickness, though).
You missed the distinction between video games and religion, Astreja! Come to think of it the OT might make a good basic plot for a video game...

Not being into such though I could be late for the boat there.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
23-09-2016, 03:37 PM
(23-09-2016 09:40 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  ......When you turn around and say that it's not wrong until it's been disproven you are in violation of your burden of proof, because that is the exact ...... opposite of how science works........
Not needed to get such graphic. Compare my use of insults with that of my "brothers and sisters" here. I am winning, because I am calm, like the Borg or the rational like the Data. Nobody is wrong, until the disproof comes means, what a person must not be disgraced in public. You can find the arguments against the statement of a person, but you are not allowed to critique him in public, until the disproofs are found. Such are the rational and good rules, which I follow.
23-09-2016, 03:45 PM
(23-09-2016 03:37 PM)theBorg Wrote:  I am winning,

What are we playing for again?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-09-2016, 03:55 PM
(23-09-2016 03:37 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Nobody is wrong, until the disproof comes

The point is that nobody is right until the evidence is provided.

Quote:You can find the arguments against the statement of a person, but you are not allowed to critique him in public, until the disproofs are found.

Complete bullshit. Anybody who promotes ideas without evidence to back them up deserves to be critiqued.

Quote:Such are the rational and good rules, which I follow.

It is not rational to accept ideas without evidence. You are not rational.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
23-09-2016, 03:59 PM
(23-09-2016 03:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 03:37 PM)theBorg Wrote:  I am winning,

What are we playing for again?
The True Christians are bravely protecting the humanity against the irrationality of evil spirits:

23-09-2016, 04:05 PM
(23-09-2016 03:59 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 03:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What are we playing for again?
The True Christians are bravely protecting the humanity against the irrationality of evil spirits:

Evil spirits? You're joking, right? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
23-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
Protected whilst there is nothing to be protected from. It's a great insurance business

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-09-2016, 04:06 PM
(23-09-2016 03:59 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The True Christians are bravely protecting the humanity against the irrationality of evil spirits:

Thanks. It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
23-09-2016, 06:25 PM
(23-09-2016 03:59 PM)theBorg Wrote:  The True Christians are bravely protecting the humanity against the irrationality of evil spirits...

You are the irrational "evil spirits." You're the self-righteous bastards who 1000 years ago invaded Scandinavia, killed village elders by burning them alive in their houses, destroyed shrines to the Æsir and Vanir, and forced your disgusting and immoral dead-rabbi-on-a-stick religion upon My ancestors at sword-point.

As you may have guessed, theBorg, I am not someone who easily forgives such things.

And if you fucking dare call Me "sister" even once more, I hope you lose your job and every thing of material value that you own.
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post