Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
27-09-2016, 06:22 AM
RE: Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
(27-09-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 10:53 PM)Astreja Wrote:  ..... None of you can show any empirical evidence of your god. ......
Wishful thinking! See:
[Image: Circular-1-atheism+copy.jpg]

You might as well be pointing to clouds and sunsets and saying GAWD!

Your beliefs aren't special, they are trite, ancient and disproven.

Your silly book isn't magical, it's a book of superstition.

You have nothing but ignorance and incoherence to offer in terms of your supposed "proofs".

You are simply ill-equipped to even be here, you are only demonstrating what horrible damage that religion does mentally and socially to people that believe it's myths, you've got less than nothing, you actually provide reasons for people to run away from this religion of yours.

And yet you still go on, thinking that your silly beliefs have some sort of magic power -troll on!

At some point, the mods will tire of your copy-pasta and flush you like the turd you are.

[Image: do-toilets-flush-backwards-below-the-equ...os.ask.com]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
27-09-2016, 07:14 AM
(27-09-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 10:53 PM)Astreja Wrote:  ..... None of you can show any empirical evidence of your god. ......
Wishful thinking! See:

One infantile argument from ignorance and incredulity. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-09-2016, 08:34 AM
(27-09-2016 12:13 AM)theBorg Wrote:  And let us add this to many problems of atheism:
http://god-and-logic.blogspot.com.ee
That whole blog looks a lot like this...

[Image: swiss1.jpg]

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like LostLocke's post
27-09-2016, 09:09 AM
(27-09-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Wishful thinking!

Yes, it is indeed wishful thinking on your part. A presumptuous Internet meme is not evidence for a god; it is merely evidence for butt-hurt believers such as yourself.

There is also no "problem" with atheism. We simply do not believe your silly-ass claims:
  • Super-powered invisible dude who can do anything but stop its arch-enemy;
  • Undead rabbi son of a revirginized Mesopotamian sex goddess;
  • An ethereal Holy Pigeon that craps stupid ideas into believers' heads;
  • Insufferably ridiculous claims of eternal life, despite considerable neurological evidence that this is not possible.
All we need to do is not believe your crap. We don't owe you or anyone else any further explanations about Life, the Universe and Everything.

Now, if you'll excuse Me, I just oiled My crosscut shredder and have a few pages from the Book of Life that are in need of mangling. If I destroy the salvation of your entire church I'll have enough cat litter for a month. Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
27-09-2016, 09:09 AM
At work.

(27-09-2016 07:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 12:07 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Wishful thinking! See:

One infantile argument from ignorance and incredulity. Facepalm

That's what I said. Yes
27-09-2016, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2016 10:49 AM by Gloucester.)
(27-09-2016 08:34 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 12:13 AM)theBorg Wrote:  And let us add this to many problems of atheism:
http://god-and-logic.blogspot.com.ee
That whole blog looks a lot like this...

[Image: swiss1.jpg]

Ah!

Holey Cheeses!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
27-09-2016, 10:01 AM
This thread is a thing of beauty. It's poetry in vitriol.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
27-09-2016, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2016 11:07 AM by Mathilda.)
(26-09-2016 11:26 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 04:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You have presented no disproofs. This means, using your logic, that everyone else here is right.
The True God is proven by the Thomas Aquinas (the 5 ways).

I've personally found that every so called 'proof' that a theist can come up with, can be changed to make an even more convincing proof that god does not exist

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-not-exist

But I notice that I haven't got around to adding Thomas Aquinas yet. I remember that I took one look at the stupidity of it and decided to put it off for later. So thanks for prompting me to add yet more 'proof' of the non-existence of god to my little collection:

St. Thomas Aquinas' attempts to prove the Existence of God in five ways.

The First Way: Argument from Motion
  • Our senses prove that some things are in motion.
  • Things move when potential motion becomes actual motion.
    Only an actual motion can convert a potential motion into an actual motion.
  • Nothing can be at once in both actuality and potentiality in the same respect (i.e., if both actual and potential, it is actual in one respect and potential in another).
  • Therefore nothing can move itself.
  • Therefore each thing in motion is moved by something else.
  • The sequence of motion extends ad infinitum because things change over time, actual motion stops and can increase in potential motion. Motion is performed by energy and energy cannot be created nor destroyed.
  • Therefore there cannot be a first mover, put in motion by no other; and this everyone understands would be God.
  • Therefore God cannot exist.

The Second Way: Argument from Efficient Causes
  • We perceive a series of efficient causes of things in the world.
  • Nothing exists prior to itself.
  • Therefore nothing [in the world of things we perceive] is the efficient cause of itself.
  • If a previous efficient cause does not exist, neither does the thing that results (the effect).
  • Therefore if the first thing in a series does not exist, nothing in the series exists.
  • If the series of efficient causes extends ad infinitum into the past, for then there would be no things existing now.
  • That is plainly false (i.e., there are things existing now that came about through efficient causes)
  • This shows that the concept of efficient cause is flawed and relies on equivocation. Instead matter and energy has just been rearranged in different forms.
  • Therefore there cannot have been a first efficient cause, to which everyone gives the name of God.

The Third Way: Argument from Possibility and Necessity (Reductio argument)
  • We find in nature things that are possible to be and not to be, that come into being and go out of being i.e., contingent beings.
  • Assume that every being is a contingent being.
  • For each contingent being, there is a time it does not exist.
  • Therefore it is impossible for these always to exist.
  • Therefore there could have been a time when no things existed.
  • Therefore at that time there would have been nothing to bring the currently existing contingent beings into existence.
  • Therefore, nothing would be in existence now.
  • We have reached an absurd result from assuming that every being is a contingent being.
  • Yet to argue that only one being is not contingent is special pleading.
  • Therefore there cannot have been an initial being caused by something else. This all men speak of as God, which cannot exist.

The Fourth Way: Argument from Gradation of Being
  • There is a gradation to be found in things: some are better or worse than others.
  • Predications of degree require reference to the “uttermost” case (e.g., a thing is said to be hotter according as it more nearly resembles that which is hottest).
  • The maximum in any genus is the cause of all in that genus.
  • A maximum is a limit of a particular value.
  • Therefore something which is to all beings the cause of their being, goodness, and every other perfection which we call God cannot exist because it would be limited by having a maximum.

The Fifth Way: Argument from Design
  • We see that natural bodies work toward some goal, and do not do so by chance.
  • Most natural things lack knowledge.
  • But as an arrow reaches its target because it is directed by an archer, what lacks intelligence achieves goals by being directed by something intelligence.
  • But some natural bodies such as humans and animals, have intelligence and are directing other natural bodies that lack natural intelligence.
  • This means that there cannot exist a single intelligent being, which we call God, that directs everything.
  • Therefore if anything is directing natural bodies that lack intelligence, it is merely another being and not God.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
27-09-2016, 11:04 AM
MLC

Mathilda Lane Craig Worship Slaves

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
27-09-2016, 11:31 AM
(26-09-2016 09:39 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 05:32 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  .... No, shut up fuckface. .....
Do not confuse me with your wife!

It's good to see the civility, respect for others, and decorum that Christianity engenders ain't it? No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.