Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
30-09-2016, 05:55 AM
RE: Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
Because theBorg has not answered my question, this shows that he does not even understand what people are writing.

(30-09-2016 01:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Do you understand what I have written in this post?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2016, 05:55 AM
(30-09-2016 05:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 05:35 AM)unfogged Wrote:  .........
So, "no afterlife" then. Has the atheistic community the material "reward" for becoming atheist?

I do not form my beliefs based on reward and punishment. That's childish at best. What I might wish were true is a subject for fiction, not belief.

I form my beliefs based on the evidence. There is no good evidence foe heaven or hell or any sort of afterlife so I do not believe they exist.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
30-09-2016, 05:56 AM
(30-09-2016 05:42 AM)theBorg Wrote:  According to Newton's first law, in the inertial reference system the bodies are moving with acceleration, if an another body acts on it through the force. Looking into the past we always see these acting forces. But because the time has a beginning, at the first moment the bodies were moved by force by the God. Hereby He is not moved by the force, because the infinite sequence of "force movers" is not possible.

So both you and Thomas Aquinas are wrong and there is no proof of your god.
30-09-2016, 06:00 AM
(30-09-2016 05:42 AM)theBorg Wrote:  According to Newton's first law, in the inertial reference system the bodies are moving with acceleration, if an another body acts on it through the force. Looking into the past we always see these acting forces. But because the time has a beginning, at the first moment the bodies were moved by force by the God. Hereby He is not moved by the force, because the infinite sequence of "force movers" is not possible.

If you are trying to argue with Newton regarding the "beginning" of the universe, then you are stuck in pre-1905 science. Congratulations however: You made a lot of progress since 13th century philosopy. Thumbsup

100 years of science and cosmology in particular will be a tough job to learn, especially because so much was discovered in the 20th century. Time to stop trolling this forum and get you a 20th century science education. Hush, hush, hurry up.

Oh, and when you are finished, call us please. We can then proceed to teach you 21st century cutting edge shit like dark matter/energy.

Have fun studying Einstein and Planck in the meantime.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
30-09-2016, 07:13 AM
It is telling that theists rely so heavily on ancient and medieval thinkers.
This is the case whether Christian, Muslim, or Jew.

Those thinkers knew very little about how reality functions; their philosophies are simplistic and disconected from evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2016, 08:32 AM
(30-09-2016 05:55 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 05:47 AM)theBorg Wrote:  So, "no afterlife" then. Has the atheistic community the material "reward" for becoming atheist?

I do not form my beliefs based on reward and punishment. ......
So, no afterlife, no reward for stepping into atheism. Can the atheistic community gift a free T-shirt? Perhaps no. The cruel the atheism is.
30-09-2016, 08:37 AM
(30-09-2016 05:42 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Hereby He is not moved by the force, because the infinite sequence of "force movers" is not possible.

You may be interested in what St. Hubbins said about the concept of infinity:

Quote:Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you.
30-09-2016, 08:37 AM
(30-09-2016 08:32 AM)theBorg Wrote:  So, no afterlife, no reward for stepping into atheism. Can the atheistic community gift a free T-shirt? Perhaps no. The cruel the atheism is.

We get the greatest reward of all. A life of our own.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
30-09-2016, 08:40 AM
(30-09-2016 08:32 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 05:55 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I do not form my beliefs based on reward and punishment. ......
So, no afterlife, no reward for stepping into atheism. Can the atheistic community gift a free T-shirt? Perhaps no. The cruel the atheism is.

Being honest is not the same as being cruel. Leading people into a life based on delusion and the promise of rewards that can never be demonstrated is far more cruel than teaching people to believe based on the evidence.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
30-09-2016, 08:42 AM
(30-09-2016 08:37 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 08:32 AM)theBorg Wrote:  So, no afterlife, no reward for stepping into atheism. Can the atheistic community gift a free T-shirt? Perhaps no. The cruel the atheism is.

We get the greatest reward of all. A life of our own.
So, no community in atheism? Community is organized to help the members materially.

All are welcomed:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com