Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
18-09-2016, 12:36 AM
RE: Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
(17-09-2016 11:21 PM)kim Wrote:  fuck... the mass of the Higgs Field is not imaginary... why you're an idiot?
Do not sin, please: nobody an idiot here. Do not use the forbidden f-word.
A sick sinner uses the forbidden words.

Quote:Mathematically, the Higgs field has imaginary mass and is therefore a...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2016, 12:45 AM
(18-09-2016 12:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Do not sin, please: nobody an idiot here. Do not use the forbidden f-word.

The word 'fuck' is not fucking forbidden here, you idiot.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
18-09-2016, 01:07 AM
Why is the word "fuck" a bad thing?

I've honestly never managed to figure out how "curse words" became a thing.

Seriously, all these words mean exactly the same thing:

fuck
intercourse
coitus
fornication
copulate
philander
mate
screw
bang
hump

And yet only one of them is a "bad word". WHY!?!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-09-2016, 01:58 AM
(18-09-2016 12:29 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 10:10 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  That is not "from above". That is a direction in 3-dimensional space
The 4D theory is simply the reduction from the theory in 5D. The reduction from magnitude 5 into magnitude 4, is surely the "coming from the above number."

Those aren't magnitudes, that's a power of ten FFS. And 5>4 does not equate to "above". Given the ordering of typical number lines in most kindergartens it would be "coming from the right." Though in parts of asia it is likely "coming from the left." All arbitrary and meaningless directions. If it's "coming from above" in North America then it's "coming from below" in Australia. "Coming from off to one side and at a weird angle" at the equator.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
18-09-2016, 02:04 AM
(18-09-2016 12:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Do not sin, please: nobody an idiot here. Do not use the forbidden f-word.

It's actually a really catchy song. Also, NSFW, duh...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-09-2016, 02:09 AM
(18-09-2016 01:07 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Why is the word "fuck" a bad thing?

Aside from being mildly unoriginal?

Granted, I can't see insulting Borg meritting any real effort but there are so many better words than the simple four-letter ones we learned on the playground.

Inconsequential
Bungling
Windbag
Mendacious
Less original than a six-year old's fart
More meaningless than the sound of the wind whistling through his ears
Lepper-humping copy-N-paste spammer

^meh^ Fuck that.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
18-09-2016, 02:13 AM
(18-09-2016 02:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

That one I object to. Unlike the sentient shart that is Borg, cunts are useful and lots of fun.

---
18-09-2016, 02:26 AM
(18-09-2016 02:13 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 02:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

That one I object to. Unlike the sentient shart that is Borg, cunts are useful and lots of fun.

[Image: indeed_well_played_good_sir-s552x442-274622.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
18-09-2016, 03:23 AM (This post was last modified: 18-09-2016 03:29 AM by Mathilda.)

Fuck. Cunt. Shit.

A sin is a crime against god, but there is no god so sin does not exist.

You may find the use of the above words offensive, but I find offensive your misuse of a tool for scientists to disseminate genuine scientific knowledge when you post on something like researchgate. These open access sites are meant to free scientists from donating work to publishers for free who then sell it back to scientists at exorbitant prices. They're not intended to be a tool for people to infect others with ignorance and bigotry.

I can't blame you for having been raised to believe in woo. I was raised to believe in reincarnation. But when I did my MSc I learnt how to think critically and painful as it was, I accepted the fact that my entire world view was made from unfounded assumptions devoid of any evidence that were passed down from generations of ignorant ancestors. This allowed me to go on and do a PhD and have a career in science.

You on the other hand are suffering from the Dunning Kruger effect. I've seen you arguing with a professional scientist on AF who works at Cern. I can recognise when someone is experienced and understands their subject. You clearly do not understand what you are talking about and know fuck all.
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
18-09-2016, 03:34 AM
(18-09-2016 12:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 11:21 PM)kim Wrote:  fuck... the mass of the Higgs Field is not imaginary... why you're an idiot?
Do not sin, please: nobody an idiot here. Do not use the forbidden f-word.
Who declared "fuck" a "forbidden" word? Polite society does not not like it because nice Victorian ladies were offended. The church did not like it because, historically, it reminded the clergy of what they were missing - those who were not fucking children or one another anyway.

It is often used as an emphasising expletive by those unable to find any other way of expressing their feelings in a way that will obtain maximum attention. So, not used strictly as "having sexual intercourse" it becomes as valuable and meaningful as a string of exclamation marks or Facepalm.

Please define "sin" in non-religious concepts.

Is ascribing earthly things to a fantasy world not also a form of sickness? In any truly sane and caring society the religious would be given the psychological and/or psychiatric treatment they so obviously need.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post