Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
18-09-2016, 05:51 AM
RE: Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it?
In my consideration, the piece of ancient witchcraft "as above so below" best translates in modern terms to fractal geometry... but no. Tongue

The laws came from men. The map of the world is not the world. Smartass

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-09-2016, 07:01 AM
(18-09-2016 03:34 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Please define "sin" in non-religious concepts.
There are many things, what you prefer to be slowly and painfully killed, than to do them: 1) betraying your homeland, 2) saying f-word to your father, 3) pissing onto your child's grave. 4) etc. All this is sin. The sin is what you never ever do, you rather die, than do a sin.
Find all posts by this user
18-09-2016, 08:48 AM
(18-09-2016 05:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  In my consideration, the piece of ancient witchcraft "as above so below" best translates in modern terms to fractal geometry... but no. Tongue

The laws came from men. The map of the world is not the world. Smartass

Did I start a Translate the Words of The Prophet thread yet? I should. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-09-2016, 09:24 AM
(18-09-2016 07:01 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 03:34 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Please define "sin" in non-religious concepts.
There are many things, what you prefer to be slowly and painfully killed, than to do them: 1) betraying your homeland, 2) saying f-word to your father, 3) pissing onto your child's grave. 4) etc. All this is sin. The sin is what you never ever do, you rather die, than do a sin.

So, you'd rather die than tell your father to fuck off? Laughat

Oh, you so need to go fuck yourself. Or, at the very least, pay someone else to fuck yourself. Laugh out load

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
18-09-2016, 09:31 AM
(18-09-2016 12:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Do not sin, please: nobody an idiot here. Do not use the forbidden f-word.
A sick sinner uses the forbidden words.

What are the 'forbidden' words Mr.B, and what authority forbids them?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-09-2016, 09:32 AM
(18-09-2016 09:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 12:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Do not sin, please: nobody an idiot here. Do not use the forbidden f-word.
A sick sinner uses the forbidden words.

What are the 'forbidden' words Mr.B, and what authority forbids them?

Words which begin with f.

#sigh
18-09-2016, 09:33 AM
(18-09-2016 09:32 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 09:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  What are the 'forbidden' words Mr.B, and what authority forbids them?

Words which begin with f.

Oh, FFS. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-09-2016, 10:52 AM
(18-09-2016 01:07 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Why is the word "fuck" a bad thing?

I've honestly never managed to figure out how "curse words" became a thing.

Seriously, all these words mean exactly the same thing:

fuck
intercourse
coitus
fornication
copulate
philander
mate
screw
bang
hump

And yet only one of them is a "bad word". WHY!?!

This reminds me of a Christian movie review site once. It even broke down every last curse word in a film as objectionable content, and for one they put "foulest of the most foul". I had to find a film I knew well and then try to piece it together. Finally I was like "Fuck? Seriously? That's it?"

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
18-09-2016, 11:37 AM
(18-09-2016 07:01 AM)theBorg Wrote:  

1) Not a sin but treachery or treason at worst. But if I had to chose between my nation and its people versus the government and our ruler . . . Would it be a sin to fight against the government or to support them? Which is my country? Which action would be the sin. To whom?

2) If a father seriously requires to be told "where to get off" does it matter what language is used? Fathers are not alwys infallible and not always benificent. In your
terms they can be "evil" and not worthy of any respect.

3) Pissing on your child's grave might, in European type cultures, indicates a need for psychiatric care. Sick people are not sinners.

4) Etc?

Ok, now for some other ''sins'':

1) Indoctrinating innocent children into a faith or belief that promisses them severe punishment for perfectly normal thoughts, desires and actions rather than educating them, rationally, as to when and where these things are OK or not OK.

2) Convincing them that they are at the mercy of an imaginary, invisible, non-corporeal, supernatural, omnipotent etc. entity but declaring that fairies, Santa, spacemen etc. are evil fantasies that are not allowed.

3) Demanding that they exclude all those who think other things from their friends. Rather than allowing for them to indulge in discussion of differences, something thing that might lead to mutual understanding.

4) Etc.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 4 users Like Gloucester's post
18-09-2016, 01:43 PM
(18-09-2016 07:01 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The sin is what you never ever do, you rather die, than do a sin.

Then sin doesn't exist in My world. I don't really see the point of dying in order to avoid doing something. Either the action is entirely appropriate (for instance, telling an abusive and narcissistic parent to fuck off, or betraying one's country in order to save lives), or it is a forced action, or it is the result of a psychiatric condition, or it simply isn't as bad as you think it is.

There are many things that I absolutely refuse to do:
  • No intention of ever reuniting with My ex-spouse, whom I haven't even spoken to in over 16 years.
  • Never said the Sinner's Prayer, and don't intend to.
  • Not intending to read any of the Twilight books or watch the movies Titanic or Passion of the Christ.
  • Smoked oysters are right out.
I wouldn't call any of them sins, though.
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post