Even more 'heart' trouble!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Information Even more 'heart' trouble!
I promised myself that I would never create another post out of anxiety, but I just can't help myself, sorry.

Before I begin speaking of my symptoms, I would like to express that I am healthy, with no history of heart problems/disease within my family (my great grand mother is alive to this day, with 100 years under her belt)

My chest pain started yesterday at 7 P.M., and came as a nagging, tolerable, non-painful, pin-point, sharp, shooting pain that would occur in an interval of 5 minutes. Since then, this nagging and persistent pain has not subsided, but is decreasing in frequency and amount pain.

The pain (as far as I have noticed), does not get worse with a deep breath or movement, and does not interrupt the beating of my heart (HOWEVER, my left artery in my neck does start to hurt when I take a deep breath).

I would also like to express that I have had a few heart flutters throughout the time I have spent with this persistent pain. While I was having a bowel movement earlier, my heart skipped at least two beats (with a bubbling feeling), and returned to its normal rhythm. This, scared me and increased my anxiety levels to the point where I can't stand to have this pain surge through my chest any longer, and, even though it is tolerable, it is wholly unsettling and irritable.

I would appreciate a reply, I am young, healthy, and I don't understand what could be ailing me, because I don't believe that this is my anxiety (because it has lasted for about a day).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2013, 04:41 PM
RE: Even more 'heart' trouble!
I think you need to see a doctor. Seriously.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
27-12-2013, 05:44 PM
As a rule of thumb, if you think a pain deserves a thread you should go see a doctor

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
27-12-2013, 05:48 PM
What the bovine king said (nach_in for the n00bs)

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
27-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Go to the emergency room, pronto.
Symptoms such as you described are serious and shouldn't be taken lightly.
Go now!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
27-12-2013, 07:08 PM
In my professional opinion, you have a severely sprained ankle.
28-12-2013, 04:27 PM
(27-12-2013 04:39 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I would also like to express that I have had a few heart flutters throughout the time I have spent with this persistent pain. While I was having a bowel movement earlier, my heart skipped at least two beats (with a bubbling feeling), and returned to its normal rhythm. This, scared me and increased my anxiety levels to the point where I can't stand to have this pain surge through my chest any longer, and, even though it is tolerable, it is wholly unsettling and irritable.

I would appreciate a reply, I am young, healthy, and I don't understand what could be ailing me, because I don't believe that this is my anxiety (because it has lasted for about a day).

I was anxious about occasional pains in my chest so I got a blood pressure monitor which also indicates irregular heartbeats. Omron makes a bunch of them. If my BP comes in normal and there ain't no indication of an irregular heartbeat I just take an aspirin and lie down until it passes instead of going to the ER (which I've done a few times before I got the BP monitor. But I'm 51 yo and my brother dropped dead at 47 from sudden cardiac arrest so I'm a bit more cautious than most.)

If I ever get really really worried I'll get my own defibrillator. But my quarterly EKGs and annual echocardiograms don't warrant it yet.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.