Ever Deeper Honesty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: Ever Deeper Honesty
(15-08-2017 06:52 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 06:51 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Can you give a summary?

Life/Existence is unacceptable/unnecessary, and a bad thing, and full of horrendous suffering. Having children is wrong because it perpetuates suffering. Everything is bullshit.

[Image: were_all_edgelords_now_by_mrbuckalew-da8xnfb.png]

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
16-08-2017, 08:50 PM

Life/Existence is unacceptable/unnecessary, and a bad thing, and full of horrendous suffering. Having children is wrong because it perpetuates suffering. Everything is bullshit.

1. Sophestry
2. pseudo nihilism
3. Subjective
4. Short sighted and incomplete

I would suggest the author (and you as well) bother going back to continue reading Friedrich Nietzsche a bit deeper in. Sounds like someone just read a tiny portion of his writings and the problem of consciousness. The concepts start with the curse of consciousness because we will all one day die, however they grow from there and evolve. Hence my calling it sophistry. Try harder.

Oh and don't just stop at Nietzsche there's many others who also touch on this topic throughout history. Either way education is the best defense against this pathetic ignorant bullshit.

Anyway, as an open Nihilist I'm happy to share my thoughts with you, I really don't mind that you and I will one day die, that all record of our existence will fade to nothing, and even our planet will one day be blasted into nothing by a quasar. So as meaningless as it is for me to share knowledge with you, I still personally enjoy doing so. I find value in it, but that's for me to know and for you to discover should you decide to delve deeper than this pathetic high school level bullshit.
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
17-08-2017, 09:53 AM
(16-08-2017 08:50 PM)JesseB Wrote:  ...
Anyway, as an open Nihilist I'm happy to share my thoughts with you, I really don't mind that you and I will one day die, that all record of our existence will fade to nothing, and even our planet will one day be blasted into nothing by a quasar. So as meaningless as it is for me to share knowledge with you, I still personally enjoy doing so. I find value in it,

Or to put it another way... "Brooklyn is not expanding."

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
17-08-2017, 12:26 PM
(15-08-2017 07:45 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  So no one actually read it?

If you seriously think anyone is gonna wade through nearly 1200 pages of repetitive, tedious drivel like that, you clearly don't understand your fellow man very well at all. Most of us have far more purposeful and essential things to do with our lives than waste time reading about what a sad sack of shit the writer purports it, life, to be. To read this farrago of absurdity in full would probably take the average reader 12 to 15 hours in total, with a +90% comprehension rate. No thanks.

I actually spent half an hour scanning pages at random, and all I could conclude was that the writer was approaching the critical point of incipient insanity, had delusions of grandeur (a "god" complex), or was overly imbibing illicit, hallucinogenic drugs on a daily basis. Facepalm

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
17-08-2017, 09:56 PM
Well I read the whole thing and I pretty much agree with it. Fuck the world, fuck humanity. Maybe the universe was created by an evil being?
17-08-2017, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2017 10:55 PM by JesseB.)
(17-08-2017 09:56 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Well I read the whole thing and I pretty much agree with it. Fuck the world, fuck humanity. Maybe the universe was created by an evil being?

Hell ya! Let's you and I just nuke everyone.

No wait, that's the abuse talking, I almost forgot I'm actually a person.

Look, if you agree with it you have self esteem issues. You got shit you need to work on. The world is a shitty place. Reality is shit, it's hard and it's unpleasant. But hey no reason we can't enjoy the shitastic ride we're on ya? Why not get laid or something. I'm sure there's something you enjoy doing, despite it being meaningless. Just sayin.

oh and seriously? replace that steaming pile of shit with an author worth reading. Neitzsche, Stirner, Chernyschevsky, Gorgias, Kierkegaard. Fill your head with thoughts worth thinking and you won't have room for this asinine bullshit.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
17-08-2017, 11:17 PM
(16-08-2017 10:58 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  supercrap, if you will.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
17-08-2017, 11:47 PM

But what about puppies, kittens and cute baby rabbits?

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
18-08-2017, 12:57 AM
I would personally not bring any sentient life into this world that doesn't have to be here. I think it's a moral question, but I wouldn't simply announce that "it is wrong".

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2017, 07:34 AM
(18-08-2017 12:57 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I would personally not bring any sentient life into this world that doesn't have to be here. I think it's a moral question, but I wouldn't simply announce that "it is wrong".
I think people should bring far more awareness and thoughtfulness and deliberation to the question of minting new humans than they do. Whatever decision they make is theirs to make, but I respect them way more if they do it mindfully. Me? Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered. Particularly since the side effect is grandchildren who have to exist in a world fast heading down the tubes.

Nor is it just a question of how it impacts potential children. How about how it impacts existing people? I know someone who is one of those people who take in every stray animal and can't stop having children. On top of that she has a rare heart condition, a myopathy that's triggered by pregnancy and childbirth that causes her heart function to take a nosedive and recover a little slower in the months following each pregnancy. On top of which she's pushing 40. So what did she and her husband decide to do? Get preggers again, of course, because he's hubby #2 and wants another child of his own, and she can't have enough of children regardless of who sires them. So now we're risking the nonzero possibility of death and the even more nonzero possibility of permanent disability or shortened life, against the need of three existing children ranging from toddler to teenager, to have a living, vital mother. Oh, and she's also the family's sole breadwinner.

Now that doesn't make sense quite apart from the morality of the harms of existence -- especially when you have three children ALREADY. On top of this there's mental illness in the bloodline, and her oldest already has significant problems; meanwhile, there are zillions of children who lack a home and would love to be adopted or fostered.

SMH.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post