Ever considered a members chat room addition?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2010, 10:39 AM
RE: Ever considered a members chat room addition?
Well, it won't really make me happy. I won't likely use it much, but if enough members want one, I'll gladly oblige. So far we have only three people indicating they'd use one, so speak up if you are someone who would like to chat on TTA.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2010, 04:19 PM
I use chat rooms rather often, but rather than setting one up on the site, we might just start an #irc channel somewhere.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
14-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I vote Yes.
I can ignore any chickens.
04-08-2012, 08:43 AM
I think it would be great I'm new to all this and hate waiting for replies lol I think others would enjoy it to.... I only hate my partner to talk to about atheistism. Atm
04-08-2012, 09:29 AM
(04-08-2012 08:43 AM)confusedmel Wrote:  I think it would be great I'm new to all this and hate waiting for replies lol I think others would enjoy it to.... I only hate my partner to talk to about atheistism. Atm

We have one called the shoutbox. Members can use it after a set amount of posts and time on the forum.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
04-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I like that this forum is sort of skinned down - reminds me of the old message boards back in the day. I think the idea of a chat room is fine, but a big decision if it's going to be extra $ in an upgrade.

Although it's an open forum, it might prove useful if two(or more) get to "chatting" off topic in a thread. Ha - it might curb some serious derailments now and then. I often think I'm a major culprit of derailments - like saying the word squirrel to a dog - I'm off.

Currently, I think most people just pm back and forth when they want to talk privately - it's not as immediate - and a bit of a hassle, but it does the job. So, we have our private chats here and there, anyway; a specific room will just make that easier.

If the entire forum already planning on an upgrade and that option is included at no further cost, I'd say fine. I wouldn't go out of the way to provide one; it simply may or may not be used by anyone, or only used by a couple of people very infrequently. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-08-2012, 10:52 AM
(04-08-2012 10:07 AM)kim Wrote:  I like that this forum is sort of skinned down - reminds me of the old message boards back in the day. I think the idea of a chat room is fine, but a big decision if it's going to be extra $ in an upgrade.

Although it's an open forum, it might prove useful if two(or more) get to "chatting" off topic in a thread. Ha - it might curb some serious derailments now and then. I often think I'm a major culprit of derailments - like saying the word squirrel to a dog - I'm off.

Currently, I think most people just pm back and forth when they want to talk privately - it's not as immediate - and a bit of a hassle, but it does the job. So, we have our private chats here and there, anyway; a specific room will just make that easier.

If the entire forum already planning on an upgrade and that option is included at no further cost, I'd say fine. I wouldn't go out of the way to provide one; it simply may or may not be used by anyone, or only used by a couple of people very infrequently. Shy

Um...this thread is two years old. We have since added a chat room.

Kind of like talking about God. The whole discussion is moot. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
04-08-2012, 02:05 PM
i would definitely use it, i love chat rooms

and erx... where is a chatroom? we have a shoutbox which is hidden... that is totally not the same thing

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2012, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 03:25 PM by Erxomai.)
(04-08-2012 02:05 PM)Leela Wrote:  i would definitely use it, i love chat rooms

Um...we have one, silly.

Edit:
Why isn't the shout box a chat room?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
04-08-2012, 02:56 PM
More avenues to commincate in = win.

Having said that a text based chat room is only so so, what is needed is voice comms. There are dozens of ways to do this, vent, skype, steam or Team speak spring immediatly to mind. Several are completly free also.

Steam is free, you could even set up a TTA steam group.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user