Ever get the urge to...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Ever get the urge to...?
...completely fucking DESTROY every scrap of religious literature leftover from your Christian days? 'Cause there are times when I am overcome with the urge to draw little (and big) penises in the margins, to tear a few pages out and make snowflakes or paper dolls with them, or you know, just chuck all that shit in a huge burn barrel and have myself a nice bonfire.

I already got rid of all my Christian jewelry and t-shirts (haven't gotten around to snapping in half my CD's, but still) and so the literature just seems like the next logical step. I know I've heard of a lot of atheists who hold onto their Bibles and stuff to read back through them but honestly, I don't care to read this crap ever again. Never read the entire Bible as a Christian and I've no desire to do so now.

So... anyone else desecrate their once highly-revered religious literature? Was it as freeing, as liberating as I imagine it would be? Any cool ideas on how to really trash the fuck out of this shit? I thought that maybe doing the old "Christmas tree from a phone-book" thing might be cool with one of them, but what do y'all think?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go draw a Hitler mustache on Joyce Meyer's face...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
15-03-2013, 02:40 PM
RE: Ever get the urge to...?
I ripped pages from (one) my family bibles that had marriages, deaths and births listed. Then donated the bibles to charity. Some (my family was big on bibles) I just tossed into trash.

I did keep a couple..one is very old (written in Norwegian and dates back to mid 19th century) and I think I still have my father's bible...don't know what to do with that one...might just rip personal stuff out and toss it.

My grandmother had a book on turning people away from false gods and atheism I keep around for shits and giggles.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

15-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Re: Ever get the urge to...?
Nope.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
15-03-2013, 02:46 PM
I've got two bibles that come from family. One from my parents and one from my grandparents. I have no intention of throwing or destroying either.

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
15-03-2013, 02:48 PM
You people need to get into making some art.

What? Never heard of the bodily fluid series of photographs which included the infamous piece: Piss Christ? Well, hop on your google machine and look that up.
You too can incorporate all this bullshit imagery into an artistic statment.

At least do some crafting - bibles are wonderful for paper mache crafts. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
15-03-2013, 02:52 PM
(15-03-2013 02:34 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  ...completely fucking DESTROY every scrap of religious literature leftover from your Christian days? 'Cause there are times when I am overcome with the urge to draw little (and big) penises in the margins, to tear a few pages out and make snowflakes or paper dolls with them, or you know, just chuck all that shit in a huge burn barrel and have myself a nice bonfire.

I already got rid of all my Christian jewelry and t-shirts (haven't gotten around to snapping in half my CD's, but still) and so the literature just seems like the next logical step. I know I've heard of a lot of atheists who hold onto their Bibles and stuff to read back through them but honestly, I don't care to read this crap ever again. Never read the entire Bible as a Christian and I've no desire to do so now.

So... anyone else desecrate their once highly-revered religious literature? Was it as freeing, as liberating as I imagine it would be? Any cool ideas on how to really trash the fuck out of this shit? I thought that maybe doing the old "Christmas tree from a phone-book" thing might be cool with one of them, but what do y'all think?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go draw a Hitler mustache on Joyce Meyer's face...
At least you have a sense of humor about it!

In the last few years I've read more of the bible (on the web) than ever before, mostly in complete, jaw-dropping dis-belief and the not uncommon outburst of "Holy shit". You can always read it on the web without having a physical one, unfortunately you can't draw penises on the margings of the computer(well, you can but it could be awkward Cool )

I don't have any religious artifacts in my house. My elderly parents have noticed this and after every one of their visits I have to do an exorcism of hidden prayer cards, crosses and the like. Its like a fucking game of an Easter egg hunt. Once they are found into the trash they go. I often fantasize of creating a pyre for all this junk in their front yard.

Go ahead and clense yourself of ALL of it in any way you see fit, its liberating.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-03-2013, 02:55 PM
(15-03-2013 02:48 PM)kim Wrote:  You people need to get into making some art.

What? Never heard of the bodily fluid series of photographs which included the infamous piece: Piss Christ? Well, hop on your google machine and look that up.
You too can incorporate all this bullshit imagery into an artistic statment.

At least do some crafting - bibles are wonderful for paper mache crafts. Wink
I'm one of those guys that prefers to read a book over make art. Especially since I'm so terrible at art. Yes

Just an outsider looking inn.
15-03-2013, 03:05 PM
(15-03-2013 02:55 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Especially since I'm so terrible at art. Yes

If you make a personal statement, it might be terrible... but it will be your terrible statement. Also, it can help you work out some thoughts about the subject you may not have satisfactorilly addressed.

Besides, once your work is completed, you can live with it a while and when you know it's time to just let it go, you can either display it or.... build a huge fire in the backyard and burn the shit out of it. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
15-03-2013, 03:09 PM
A little destructive therapy can do the body wonders. Not that useless punch a pillow bull crap. I'm talking obliteration. Think of some creative, ironic way to destroy those hated pieces of your past to symbolize the ending of that part of your life.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
15-03-2013, 03:33 PM
I do express myself creatively through writing, but for whatever reason, I have no desire to parody any stories from the Bible as short stories or whatever. I just have this urge to destroy or otherwise defile any religious literature I have. Evil_monster

See, because I write, I tend to treasure and love books - I hate to see pages dog-eared, etc. - and so it's just not in my nature to destroy any written works. But... the Bible was held in such high regard - as the inerrant, infallible word of God and it's so not.

Even the shittiest, most full of drivel and grammar and spelling mistakes and cardboard characters piece of fiction is deserving of more respect than "God's holy book" because right there on the cover of any work of fiction are the words "a novel" - it isn't parading around as truth.

Anywho, I just have a bit of pent-up anger towards the Bible that I'd like to get out and in the most fun way possible.