Ever get the urge to...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Ever get the urge to...?
(15-03-2013 02:48 PM)kim Wrote:  You people need to get into making some art.

What? Never heard of the bodily fluid series of photographs which included the infamous piece: Piss Christ? Well, hop on your google machine and look that up.
You too can incorporate all this bullshit imagery into an artistic statment.

At least do some crafting - bibles are wonderful for paper mache crafts. Wink

I'm just not the crafty type. :/
I'm the more, I have no use for certain crap and so I'm tossing it out kind of gal.

My parents died very young. My grandma passed away a few years ago. I really, after going through all her crap, haven't any use to hanging onto things just because -- this is crap my kids won't care about.

Tho -- gotta say tossing out the bibles...was strongly freeing. And tossing out pictures of people that don't give two white about liberating.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Perfectly normal behavior - if I dwell on the wasted 25 years I spent in the cult, I'll go crazy. So I don't. I simply open up a book by Sam Harris or watch a video from the late/great Chris Hitchens. That's my therapy.

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens
15-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Over the years I've bought a few books at used bookstores with the intention of using them in artwork. I've never got past my love and respect for books enough to do it. I once bought a little paperback book on the subject of Christianity -- how to be a better Christian or something like that -- and planned to do mixed media with it: tear out the pages, paste them into an art journal, paint over them, draw on them, you know. Can't do it. Though that was a while ago... I haven't tried it in a couple years. Now, do I remember where I put it...?

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes calmblueocean's post
15-03-2013, 10:37 PM
I've never owned a Bible other than one that some family member gave me when I was born and I've never purchased anything religion related, save a few t-shirts that aren't kind to religion. Also, everything that has ever been given to me that was religious in nature has gone straight in the trash as soon as the gift giver was out of sight, so ultimately, I can't empathize with the want to destroy these things in a violent manner.

That said, if it would make you feel better to do so, by all means do it. Have fun with it and get some closure from the experience.

Thumbsup

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
18-03-2013, 09:45 AM
I really just keep my bibles around to roll joints with. XD But I like what you said about Joyce Meyer. All of my youth leaders would gift us Meyer's books for holidays and what not. I've never read a word of them. Tongue I've really forgotten about them, but I'd be happy to get rid of all this stuff.

"If God is real, he better have a good excuse." - Woody Allen
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user