Ever thought of a Dream Interpretation Board?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 07:22 PM by FSM_scot.)
RE: Ever thought of a Dream Interpretation Board?
(04-05-2013 01:03 PM)Egor Wrote:  Silly idea? What about psychological interpretations? You have a personal issues board, you have a mental health board?

Oh well, Dream Views, Spiritual Forums, Dream Moods, and Dream Bible, are pretty busy forums, so I'll just find my dreamers there.

An entire board dedicated to interpreting dreams. We already have a board for pseudoscience, a thread there will suffice.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
04-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Yabut...

[Image: cthulhulolcats-9f81ed557f505f360e2210834...97c3a5.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-05-2013, 07:30 PM
(04-05-2013 08:24 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  And Bucky is quick for the draw! Laughat

I'm not behind; I've projected myself ahead... about two months from now. Drinking Beverage

Oooh! We will have had at least our tenth date by then! Heart

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
04-05-2013, 08:38 PM
(04-05-2013 07:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 08:24 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  And Bucky is quick for the draw! Laughat

I'm not behind; I've projected myself ahead... about two months from now. Drinking Beverage

Oooh! We will have had at least our tenth date by then! Heart

Way to put the cart before the horse! Thumbsup

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
04-05-2013, 09:36 PM

(04-05-2013 07:13 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  An entire board dedicated to interpreting dreams. We already have a board for pseudoscience, a thread there will suffice.

You think dreams are pseudoscience? Do you think dreams don't occur or don't exist? Do you think the field of psychology is pseudoscience as well. What about psychiatry? Is that off limits to atheists as well. Is that just irrational whooey?

Hey, FSM, it's like Nancy Regan told us, "just say 'no.'" Wink
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 09:42 PM

(04-05-2013 05:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  If it's something that you are intending to be continually involved in we could make a stickied thread in Health and Psychology where people can post their dreams for you (or others) to interpret. If it's popular then great and if it isn't it's no effort to unsticky it.

A whole section may be a little excessive as there doesn't seem to be large interest in it.

I would be continually involved in it, but upon reflection, perhaps it's not such a good idea. I guess this isn't really the forum for that sort of thing. I've joined some other that are dedicated to it, and a spiritual forum that has a section for it. I suppose that's the more appropriate thing.

I don't think anyone wants my kind of interpreations in here. I mean, this is an atheist forum, after all.

It was just a thought. Sleepy
04-05-2013, 09:46 PM

(04-05-2013 06:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Just make a "woo-woo" section ....
All Gordon's stuff can be in one place.

Actually, I'm waiting for my next set of days off so I can make that place my website. I'm reconfiguring it. Everything's under construction right now.

I figure the website will have two main functions, a person can send in a dream for a free interpretation on a web form, or send in on a different form a request for astrological consultations.

Right now, I'm going to make it for free. Maybe I should have a donation button. I'm not sure yet.
05-05-2013, 12:14 AM
(04-05-2013 09:36 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 07:13 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  An entire board dedicated to interpreting dreams. We already have a board for pseudoscience, a thread there will suffice.

You think dreams are pseudoscience? Do you think dreams don't occur or don't exist? Do you think the field of psychology is pseudoscience as well. What about psychiatry? Is that off limits to atheists as well. Is that just irrational whooey?

Hey, FSM, it's like Nancy Regan told us, "just say 'no.'" Wink

He is not saying dreams don't exist, he is saying that "interpretation of dreams is fucking stupid".

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
05-05-2013, 12:17 AM
(04-05-2013 09:46 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 06:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Just make a "woo-woo" section ....
All Gordon's stuff can be in one place.

Actually, I'm waiting for my next set of days off so I can make that place my website. I'm reconfiguring it. Everything's under construction right now.

I figure the website will have two main functions, a person can send in a dream for a free interpretation on a web form, or send in on a different form a request for astrological consultations.

Right now, I'm going to make it for free. Maybe I should have a donation button. I'm not sure yet.

Wow, you are more money hungry then I initially thought.

Consider It has potential, and it would only be taking money from the stupid people that believe in that shit anyway..
There certainly is no shortage of stupid people on this planet (and in America) too.

Market it well and you could maybe make some money Egor.
You could do it as one of those text things. "Text STAR to 2555 to receive your horoscope daily!" Text cost 20c a day, $5 cancellation fee
Something like that.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
05-05-2013, 12:47 AM
(04-05-2013 02:09 AM)Egor Wrote:  I wonder if TTA would ever want to have a dream interpretation board? Dream interpretation can be psychological or spiritual, so it's not like dream interpretation is necessarily the domain of mystics. People love those forums, you know?

A person posts their dream, and others take a stab at interpreting it. I'd be an active participant for sure.

I love dream interpretation Big Grin That's why I made my "Dreams" thread. I made it so I could write out my own dreams but for others to post theirs. I like to analyze them.

I don't think of dreams as some "cosmic, tell your future" thing; I think of them from a psychological perspective. Not everyone thinks of it that way.

Anyway, I appreciate it when someone enjoys it, too. You could make your own thread with a snazzy title. (My creative "snazzy title generator" is broken at the moment. I will report back when I think of a cool one; It's in there SOMEWHERE.) Mine would still be way cooler Drinking Beverage Cool I don't think there is enough interest in it to warrant a whole sub-forum.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post