Everlasting War

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Everlasting War
Now the United States is openly arming Syrian rebels in addition to the covert supplies and training previously supplied: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/...399.story. Looks like the US of A has found yet another war to fight and another evil foe to vanquish!

Many of you thought that an era of world peace was at hand once the Berlin Wall fell in 1989. WRONG! Since the Berlin Wall fell and the Soviet Union collapsed, the US of A is now free to fight wars all over the world - and they do! And there is no end in sight.

Iraq, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Libya...and now the USA is working on Syria. And maybe Iran
is next!

This is the Era of Everlasting War.

Enjoy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Everlasting War
(22-06-2013 12:19 PM)Julius Wrote:  Now the United States is openly arming Syrian rebels in addition to the covert supplies and training previously supplied: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/...399.story. Looks like the US of A has found yet another war to fight and another evil foe to vanquish!

Many of you thought that an era of world peace was at hand once the Berlin Wall fell in 1989. WRONG! Since the Berlin Wall fell and the Soviet Union collapsed, the US of A is now free to fight wars all over the world - and they do! And there is no end in sight.

Iraq, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Libya...and now the USA is working on Syria. And maybe Iran
is next!

This is the Era of Everlasting War.

Enjoy.

War is such a part of humanity. It is something that has literally built and destroyed civilizations. It is something we do out of greed, anger, or even out of mistakes. Countries only know forever war.

It doesn't matter if the U.S. stopped because war would persist. It wouldn't simply end and unfortunately religion in this day and age is still used as an excuse for the most horrific acts against mankind.

I hate war. It disgust me we move ourselves to such a disgusting level to do these things to one another. When war usually happens there is rarely ever a good war. Rape, crime, discrimination, death and simply inhumane things are done out of war. It surprises me that we now have laws on war which is absurd to me since war is still war. I am glad we don't target civilians as much but still a severe amount.

The era of everlasting war is the entirety of humanity's time on this planet. There is rarely a period of no war and if there is it is simply a short breath before another starts.

Can we accomplish good with war? Yes, the Nazi's needed to be stopped without a doubt and we even needed to be provoked to help in that effort.

Is war often used that way? Rarely.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
25-06-2013, 12:22 AM
1) The Syrian war was gonna happen regardless of US "intervention" or not, debunking your idea of this ever lasting war if it wasn't for America sticking it's nose in everything.

2) Arming rebels with weapons and actually committing troops are two entirely different things.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
25-06-2013, 03:17 AM
Note to the above user.

"Unlimited" training, money, weapons, and migration of militants from across the region DOESN'T perpetuate a war that could have ended long ago if none of these were readably available - and rinsing and repeating with other countries soon after Huh
25-06-2013, 03:25 AM
War is not in human nature. Because preservation is, and egotism is.
So to collectively follow 1 man's vision to give up preservation is a result of manipulation.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
25-06-2013, 09:22 AM
(25-06-2013 12:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  1) The Syrian war was gonna happen regardless of US "intervention" or not, debunking your idea of this ever lasting war if it wasn't for America sticking it's nose in everything.

2) Arming rebels with weapons and actually committing troops are two entirely different things.

What kinda statement is that? If I come across a rape, is it then ok for me to cop a quick feel and move on?

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2013, 09:39 AM
(22-06-2013 12:19 PM)Julius Wrote:  Now the United States is openly arming Syrian rebels in addition to the covert supplies and training previously supplied: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/...399.story. Looks like the US of A has found yet another war to fight and another evil foe to vanquish!
I could mention the fact that openly arming, training, and supplying Syrian factions is a course taken by many states, the majority of whose actions predate any US commitment. I could mention that.

(22-06-2013 12:19 PM)Julius Wrote:  Many of you thought that an era of world peace was at hand once the Berlin Wall fell in 1989. WRONG! Since the Berlin Wall fell and the Soviet Union collapsed, the US of A is now free to fight wars all over the world - and they do! And there is no end in sight.
Now free?

(22-06-2013 12:19 PM)Julius Wrote:  Iraq, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Libya...and now the USA is working on Syria. And maybe Iran
is next!
A little investigation into the matter will find that all of the aforementioned actually happened for a reason beyond "lol warz".
25-06-2013, 09:44 AM
(25-06-2013 09:39 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
I could mention the fact that openly arming, training, and supplying Syrian factions is a course taken by many states, the majority of whose actions predate any US commitment. I could mention that.

(22-06-2013 12:19 PM)Julius Wrote:  Many of you thought that an era of world peace was at hand once the Berlin Wall fell in 1989. WRONG! Since the Berlin Wall fell and the Soviet Union collapsed, the US of A is now free to fight wars all over the world - and they do! And there is no end in sight.
Now free?

(22-06-2013 12:19 PM)Julius Wrote:  Iraq, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Libya...and now the USA is working on Syria. And maybe Iran
is next!
A little investigation into the matter will find that all of the aforementioned actually happened for a reason beyond "lol warz".

Hey we can't let a little thing like facts get in the way of bashing america.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-06-2013, 09:51 AM
(25-06-2013 09:44 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Hey we can't let a little thing like facts get in the way of bashing america.

It kills me, because for sure I don't agree with much of American foreign policy. A real conversation about the causes and effects of states' actions is possible - and indeed, would be quite interesting.

But it's impossible to have a real conversation with such one-dimensional and condescending rhetoric (hint: think of something that rhymes with "by and by").
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
25-06-2013, 01:50 PM
(25-06-2013 09:22 AM)Humakt Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 12:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  1) The Syrian war was gonna happen regardless of US "intervention" or not, debunking your idea of this ever lasting war if it wasn't for America sticking it's nose in everything.

What kinda statement is that? If I come across a rape, is it then ok for me to cop a quick feel and move on?

What on earth did our statement have to do with anything I said?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]