Every person on the planet thinks I'm a circus freak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Every person on the planet thinks I'm a circus freak
It seems I've found shit that's even more illogical than religion, transphobia. The arguments are so stupid: "Once a man, always a man" "DNA is what defines you" "shoving feathers up your ass doesn't make you a chicken", and of course "God doesn't make mistakes". -_________________-

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2014, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2014 07:51 AM by Revenant77x.)
RE: Every person on the planet thinks I'm a circus freak
This post was not appropriate for this section. Continued inappropriate posting can result in the loss of the privilege of posting in this section or a full ban from this site.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
14-01-2014, 12:27 AM
(14-01-2014 12:21 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 11:58 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  It seems I've found shit that's even more illogical than religion, transphobia. The arguments are so stupid: "Once a man, always a man" "DNA is what defines you" "shoving feathers up your ass doesn't make you a chicken", and of course "God doesn't make mistakes". -_________________-

Oh how nice! Is this a thread where people can post the frantic gibberish going through their minds when on speed or dubious eastern european pills?

...what?

Truth seeker.
14-01-2014, 01:29 AM
No Germans, it the Personal Issues and Support section where you gotta be nice or say nothing.

Diddo,
I don't know you but I'm guessing that you are trans-gender either post or pre op.

Can you say more about your circumstances? What happened?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-01-2014, 01:49 AM
Sounds like some short, hurtful conversations with nothing meaningful, respectful or supportive. It's be good to find those supportive people and surround yourself with them.
14-01-2014, 06:52 AM
(13-01-2014 11:58 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  It seems I've found shit that's even more illogical than religion, transphobia. The arguments are so stupid: "Once a man, always a man" "DNA is what defines you" "shoving feathers up your ass doesn't make you a chicken", and of course "God doesn't make mistakes". -_________________-

And all these arguments they put forward can be shown to be deeply flawed.

For example, in pairs of objection / answer:

O) You don't have the correct chromosones
A) But not every woman born with the correct genitalia and hormones has the correct chromosones yet they are still considered women.

O) You can't give birth
A) So women stop being women when they reach the menopause and men stop being men when they can't ejaculate?

O) You haven't been raised as a woman
A) You haven't suffered female genital mutilation like a vast percentage of a population in an African country, they could say the same about you

O) You don't have the correct genitalia
A) So if someone suffers a war wound in their crotch they no longer have a gender?

O) You are X
A) All forms of prejudice are harmful because they do not allow a person to be considered for who they really are. Who they are is determined by what's going on in their heads.

O) Trans-people can never pass so they can never have the same cultural experience
A) You only notice the ones who left it too late and for whom transitioning is more difficult. There are many trans-men and trans-women out there who pass unnoticed and no one knows their medical history which is now largely irrelevant,. You will have met some yourself without knowing, yet if you were told about their history then you would define them by this rather than who they are now.

The example I like to give is if a trans-man started using the female changing rooms in a gym, there would be an outcry from the customers. He may have XX chromosones, he may have been born a girl and raised as one, but if he's lived the last few years as a man, thinks like a man and is treated and seen like a man, then that's the most important consideration. The other customers won't care about his chromosones or history. They'll just see a man in their changing room.

There's loads more I have forgotten. Just remember, they are bigots trying to rationally justify their emotional response. They are not arguing logically.

Hope this helps.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
14-01-2014, 07:06 AM
(14-01-2014 06:52 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Just remember, they are bigots trying to rationally justify their emotional response. They are not arguing logically.

Hope this helps.

^^ This^^

Hug Personally, I would avoid conversations on this topic with those that I know can't think about it from other points of view (religious family members, etc). Because you will never win them over and the only 'result' of those conversations is frustration, hurt feelings and is emotional draining for you.

My only response to them would be 'if you really cared about ME- then it shouldn't matter if I am male or female. I am who I am, whether you approve or not."

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
14-01-2014, 07:11 AM
We had another topic on this subject recently about a mother's experience with her child.
Maybe that be a good read for you.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
14-02-2014, 05:13 AM
(13-01-2014 11:58 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  "God doesn't make mistakes". -_________________-
Johnny Kennedy would strongly disagree.
14-02-2014, 11:41 AM
First and foremost, I am very sorry that you have this kind of judgement. People have, and always will be, afraid and distrusting of what they don't know or understand. I'm not even sure I really understand.

Can you describe what being transgender its like? Is it that you just "feel" like you are a woman?

Its a curious thought. I mean, I'm a woman...but I'm not sure I know what being a woman feels like. I don't think I've ever really identified as either gender...I'm just me. For instance, I seem to be a lot more level headed than some of my female friends and less prone to reactions based on emotions. I actually always felt more kinship with my male friends more so than my female friends as I just can't relate to their *sometimes* hysterical nature. I was always - and still am to some extent - an athlete. So getting dirty or being fearful of pain was never an issue.

I can wield a sledgehammer and put up sheetrock as well as any man I've met, and I take joy in tearing down and rebuilding car engines. I also love building roaring fires and curling up with a good book, a blanket, a glass of vino and my dog's head on my lap.

I guess I don't feel like I'm a man because I don't know what that means, necessarily.

I guess I'm asking for a little clarity as to what it means to be transgender?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson