Every war in human history was over religion- Discuss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2012, 06:49 PM
RE: Every war in human history was over religion- Discuss
I would say that all are economic based, with religion being part of the economic system.
Religion can be the "justification used".
The US is in the Gulf to "stabilize" the oil flow and prices. Economies don't like shocks.
The war on terror is much a joke. Terror didn't seem to matter that much until 911. That was an economic strike against the US and the US destroyed Iraq and Afghanistan.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Religion can be a huge factor in starting a war - but it doesn't automatically cause it 100%.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
14-04-2012, 08:34 PM
It's not so much religion as people are just really good at finding ways to hate each other. Europe has been a cauldron of wars even when many of the participants shared the same religion. Sweden and Denmark have gone to war against each other more than any other two countries on earth. Both are protestant. Between England and France it had several religious differences throughout but they were rarely the starting point.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc