Everyone Has Faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2015, 01:15 PM
RE: Everyone Has Faith
(15-03-2015 01:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 12:56 PM)NumberDigit Wrote:  If you trust from past experience you have faith that things are going to keep going the same way and not change suddenly.

No. Just no. Please stop conflating the definitions of the word.

I guess he thinks faith means "no reason to think otherwise."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
15-03-2015, 01:17 PM
(15-03-2015 01:10 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 12:53 PM)Leo Wrote:  The observable universe exists since 13.8 billion years. We can only measure the age of the universe after the big bang.
And cannot (yet) measure total time universe will exist. Which means it can end at any moment. Same thing with relationships. Even trusted partner can die at any moment

We don't know for sure if the universe will colapse in itself in billions of years ( big crunch) or will continue to spand forever. Hell we don't know if the big bang was the absolute beginning of the universe. So your point about faith is ?

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
15-03-2015, 01:19 PM
(15-03-2015 12:45 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 12:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No, I can trust my husband because he's demonstrated his trustworthiness a million times. It's not faith.
Universe exists for 13.8 billion years. That doesn't mean it can't stop existing at any moment.

Wtf? Do you always just drop into threads without any thought to the topic?

Stop that shit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-03-2015, 01:20 PM
(15-03-2015 01:17 PM)Leo Wrote:  We don't know for sure if the universe will colapse in itself in billions of years ( big crunch) or will continue to spand forever. Hell we don't know if the big bang was the absolute beginning of the universe. So your point about faith is ?
You believe that universe will exist billions of years. I don't believe it will exist even a second.
15-03-2015, 01:21 PM
(15-03-2015 01:20 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 01:17 PM)Leo Wrote:  We don't know for sure if the universe will colapse in itself in billions of years ( big crunch) or will continue to spand forever. Hell we don't know if the big bang was the absolute beginning of the universe. So your point about faith is ?
You believe that universe will exist billions of years. I don't believe it will exist even a second.

Cool, a mind-reader. Big Grin
Can you tell me what I believe in? Rolleyes

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
15-03-2015, 01:22 PM

Well, we are still here. Your theory is proven false.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-03-2015, 01:22 PM

Ha ! ! Where is the evidence of that ? Several seconds already passed since posting my reply . Tongue again your point about faith is ?

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
15-03-2015, 01:23 PM
I'd consider splitting this thread, but really it's just all kinds of dumb.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-03-2015, 01:25 PM
(15-03-2015 01:17 PM)Leo Wrote:  So your point about faith is ?

This is the question.
Where are you trying to go with this?
A point would be good, numberdigit.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-03-2015, 01:26 PM
(15-03-2015 01:22 PM)Leo Wrote:  Ha ! ! Where is the evidence of that ? Several seconds already passed since posting my reply . Tongue again your point about faith is ?
Where were the evidence that speed of light was limited before Einstein?
You believe that universe will go on for billions of years but there no evidence of that, no law of physics which predicts when universe will end. So it still can end now.