Everyone Has Faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: Everyone Has Faith
Number.....stop trying to twist the words "faith" "trust" and "belief" into your chosen definition. It doesn't matter how loud you shout, or how many people you ignore. You don't get to redefine shit just so it fits your silly argument.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
16-03-2015, 12:04 AM
(15-03-2015 11:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Number.....stop trying to twist the words "faith" "trust" and "belief" into your chosen definition. It doesn't matter how loud you shout, or how many people you ignore. You don't get to redefine shit just so it fits your silly argument.

Oh, and Dumberidgit, go fuck yourself for telling me what I have faith in. With a Porcupine. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
16-03-2015, 12:32 AM
(16-03-2015 12:04 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 11:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Number.....stop trying to twist the words "faith" "trust" and "belief" into your chosen definition. It doesn't matter how loud you shout, or how many people you ignore. You don't get to redefine shit just so it fits your silly argument.

Oh, and Dumberidgit, go fuck yourself for telling me what I have faith in. With a Porcupine. Big Grin

Hardly fair to the porcupine Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
16-03-2015, 04:36 PM
The OP is false. Everyone doesn't have faith. People who have faith or desire faith want to believe that everyone has faith one way or the other. This is a way for theists to justify their belief in something for which they have no evidence for. The next step is Pascal's wager and a belief that God couldn't possibly lead them to the wrong religion (everyone else who is following the wrong religion is probably screwed though).
[+] 1 user Likes SevenPatch's post
16-03-2015, 06:40 PM
(15-03-2015 06:16 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(15-03-2015 11:53 AM)NumberDigit Wrote:  In reality everyone has faith. You have to have faith in things otherwise you would go insane. You have faith that your bike is going to collapse when you are riding it because it either isn't that common or it hasn't happened to you. Let's get a discussion going on this. BTW, I am agnostic. I am not trying to get atheists to believe in God, I want everyone to be open minded.
If this is true then it is a devastating indictment of faith as a means of knowledge. If atheist have faith that there is no God and theists say that they are all categorically wrong then it means that faith is useless as a way of knowing what is true.

Different religions make contradictory claims and accept them on faith. They can't all be right. For instance I believe the Jews do not believe that Jesus was the Messia and the Muslims believe that he was just a prophet. They each have faith and they can't all be right so at a bare minimum, faith is an unreliable way of knowing anything. Reason enough to reject faith claims.

Faith is not synonymous with hope or trust. When people show up at my door on Saturday, they don't say they hope that Jesus exists or they trust that he exists, they say they know.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
16-03-2015, 10:55 PM
You have to have in God because there is zero evidence to support such a being's existence or any action said being has perpetrated.

I may crash my bike or not but there's evidence to support the odds. For starters, the bike exists. I've ridden it many times. Maybe I crashed a time or two but the overwhelming majority of the time I've arrived safely at my destination.
17-03-2015, 02:30 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/13/living/cre...=obnetwork

Here's what FAITH does.
17-03-2015, 02:46 AM
(16-03-2015 12:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 12:04 AM)pablo Wrote:  Oh, and Dumberidgit, go fuck yourself for telling me what I have faith in. With a Porcupine. Big Grin

Hardly fair to the porcupine Angry

Use a cactus!

[Image: 99761-go-fuck-yourself-with-a-cactus-FGAc.gif]

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post