Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2013, 06:14 AM
RE: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists
Bigfoot isn't gay! I met him on a camping trip. He is bisexual.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
27-09-2013, 06:20 AM
(27-09-2013 06:14 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Bigfoot isn't gay! I met him on a camping trip. He is bisexual.

And you know this........how?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
27-09-2013, 07:04 AM
No comment.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
27-09-2013, 10:50 AM
(27-09-2013 01:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-09-2013 01:17 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  No, support for the feminist goals is mostly hampered by the fact that people understand that feminists real goals are far from their proclaimed goals, or by people disapproving of methods proposed by feminists for achieving certain goals.

Er... ? Feminist conspiracies now ?
Not a conspiracy, just saying that even tho feminist claim that their goal is equality, everything they do and every solution to certain problem they offer suggests otherwise.

Levels of dishonesty, hypocrisy and delusion at times , that feminist manage to exhibit , make Eric Hovind look like a fuckin' amateur.

In fact, many parallels between creationism and feminism can be made.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
27-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Re: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists
People don't want to be associated with extremists. I don't mind if I am labeled a feminist or environmentalist, but I would not want someone to think I am associated with the extreme ends of the spectrum of people who have devoted their whole lives to it and chain themselves to bulldozers.

In a similar sense, there are people who claim to be conservatives who are genuinely conservative for fiscal and economic reasons and would be deeply offended if you associated them with Palin, or Bachmann, or Limbaugh.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
27-09-2013, 01:20 PM
(27-09-2013 10:50 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Not a conspiracy, just saying that even tho feminist claim that their goal is equality, everything they do and every solution to certain problem they offer suggests otherwise.

So it's a conspiracy then ? Tongue

Meh. I like feminists. Screw all you randoms.
27-09-2013, 01:41 PM
It's the association with extremes. Most people (in my part of the world) agree with the goals of the feminist movement - gender equality in law and society. However, there are women who aren't actually going for equality, who go into the realm of punishing men and creating a matriarchy, and they have co-opted the term feminist. You know, the sitcom archetypal man-hater. Because in many people's minds - and in pop culture - the term feminist has become associated with them, those who agree with the purpose of the feminist movement distance themselves from the label. They'll agree that they support equality, but remain opposed to being called feminists.

It's the same with environmentalists. There is the association with Green Peace anti-whaling ships, hippies chaining themselves to Douglas firs, and vehement anti-petrol activists who live in hobbit homes built from old cans. People attach more meanings to the label than the label is meant to have.

It can very much be counter-productive. If you had a general rally for equality you'd get huge crowds; gay rights activists, feminist groups, humanist societies, local politicians, and more. But call it a Women's Equality March hosted by the Quiggledygork Feminist Society, and you get a smaller, almost entirely female crowd composed mostly of QFS members.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
27-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Extremes tend to alienate everyone in any group except the ones who accept and promote such extremism. Even on subject matter that I support and agree with, the most extreme ends of the spectrum baffle and confuse me. I support gun rights, but the super conservative gun nuts frighten me just as much as the people who want to do away with gun rights altogether. Same with animal rights, women's rights, gay rights, etc etc.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
27-09-2013, 01:59 PM
(27-09-2013 01:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-09-2013 10:50 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Not a conspiracy, just saying that even tho feminist claim that their goal is equality, everything they do and every solution to certain problem they offer suggests otherwise.

So it's a conspiracy then ? Tongue

Meh. I like feminists. Screw all you randoms.
To call it a conspiracy you need to assume there is some thinking behind what they are doing. Tall order for feminists. Nah, it's more like children screaming "I want more ice cream "

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
27-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Both self-identified groups tend to be very fucking annoyingly loud in your face. It can be damn annoying.

Don't understand exactly how the bottom paragraph relates, but yes, that would be me. Also, many so-called liberals want to take away certain personal liberties as well. I'd call myself more liberal than most self-described liberals.