Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2013, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2013 05:21 PM by Slowminded.)
RE: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists
Quote:First I'd like to say thanks for the link. I missed that one. I checked out a few vids and didn't find anything particularly threatening or offensive. I actually thought it was quite reasonable. I'll be happy to review which ever parts you think are off base or overreaching.
Ok, I'll address this one first. My problem with her is very simple. She is a LIAR.
This video contains a footage of her when she was not aware that she was taped.

For the critique of the content of her videos ( and we'll pretend that her admitting that she doesn't actually play games doesn't discredit her opinion ) , u can use a simple search on youtube to hear what real gamers, and game developers ,and other unbiased people have to say.
I'll give you just two examples.

Well, in her defense, who wouldn't use the opportunity to raise 160K $ simply by screaming "Patriarchy is oppressing me"
But, since she is not a true Scotsman...I mean real feminist, but an unscrupulous opportunist, we'll move on.

Quote:For starters you should read this first. You should really know what a feminist is.
http://tomatonation.com/culture-and-crit...s-you-are/
I know what feminism claims to be. If it was really that, feminism would have my full support and I would be proud to call my self one. problem being that it doesn't even begin to live up to it's claims.

Close to the end of this text there is a reference to pay gap between man and women , since that is one of the most common arguments feminists like to pull out their ass to show that society is discriminating against women , let's see what we can google about that...

wall street journal
Quote:There Is No Male-Female Wage Gap
A study of single, childless urban workers between the ages of 22 and 30 found that women earned 8% more than men.

Quote:Feminist hand-wringing about the wage gap relies on the assumption that the differences in average earnings stem from discrimination. Thus the mantra that women make only 77% of what men earn for equal work. But even a cursory review of the data proves this assumption false.

Forbes
Quote:It's Time That We End the Equal Pay Myth

Perhaps this video explains it best.

So, you can argue that feminist are not capable of using google to find this out ,as u accused me of not being able to do , or you can contemplate on the thought that feminist are aware of this but choose to ignore it.

What feminist also ignore or not regard as a problem is the fact that man have to work longer years to achieve full pension. In my country I have to work 35 years and women 32. This inequality is not a problem for feminists.
There is no feminist concerned with the fact that 9 out of 10 people seriously injured or killed at work are man. Who gives a fuck, it's just man, they are disposable, right?

I could go to health care or education to show how much women are privileged in those areas , or show how much man get screwed in the case of a divorce, or how women get lighter sentences for the same crimes then man.... but this post is gonna be too long as it is, and u can google a lot of information yourself.

Let's move on...

http://whoneedsfeminism.tumblr.com/

LOL, if u think this does something to show a good side of feminism, you are equal deluded as most of those women are.
"Oh, somebody called me fat..I need feminism"
[Image: 2vmwy8x.jpg]

Strangely tho, I didn't see anybody holding a writing saying " I need feminism because when a women cuts off a mans dick and trows it in a disposal other women find it funny" or
"I need feminism because when a women falsely accuses somebody of rape, there is no penalty for her, even tho she ruined somebodies life, and she also gets to keep the money "

or perhaps "I need feminism because man get raped too"

No? I looked. Couldn't find it.

But, yes , I see how feminism is not only about female issues. Rolleyes Thumbsup

we continue....

Quote:Columns at Feminist.com
Activism Spotlight
by the Feminist Majority Foundation

Advancing Women's Leadership:
A Series by Marie C. Wilson, President of The White House Project

Ask Amy
by Amy Richards

Behind the Stories: Public Radio's 51%
by Susan Barnett

Campaign to Stop Violence Against Women
by Amnesty International

Empowering Women's Health
by Christiane Northrup, M.D.

Environmental Challenges and the Power of Women
by Redwood Mary

Envisioning Equality
by Kaethe Morris Hoffer

Feminist Activism for the College Grrl
by Multiple authors

Men’s Voices, Men as Allies
by Multiple authors

Mother and Family Matters
by MomsRising.org

Mothers & Daughters
by Sil and Eliza Reynolds

Navigating Second Adulthood
by Suzanne Braun Levine

Real Girls, Real Leaders
By Rachel Simmons and the Girls Leadership Institute

Organizing Younger Women
by the Younger Women's Task Force

Own Your Finances and Own Your Life
by Manisha Thakor

Spotlight: Speaking Out Against Global Violence
by Equality Now

Stronger Women, Stronger Nations
by Women for Women International

The Invisible Majority: Women & the Media
by the Women's Media Center

United for Peace
by the Nobel Women's Initiative

Until the Violence Stops
by V-Day

Video List for the Feminist
by Paula Silinger

Violence Against Women Features
by Women's eNews

Violence Against Women News
by RAINN

Quote:Take Action!

The Girl Effect Video "The Clock is Ticking"

Activism Spotlight (by the Feminist Majority)

Campaign to Stop Violence Against Women (by Amnesty International)

Environmental Challenges and the Power of Women (by Redwood Mary)

Feminist Activism for the College Grrl (By Multiple authors)

Mother and Family Matters (By MomsRising.org)

Organizing Younger Women (by the Younger Women's Task Force)

Spiritual Activism (by The Omega Women's Leadership Center)

Spotlight: Speaking Out Against Global Violence (by Equality Now)

Stronger Women, Stronger Nations (by Women for Women International)

The Invisible Majority: Women & the Media (by the Women's Media Center)

United for Peace (by the Nobel Women's Initiative)

Until the Violence Stops (by V-Day)

Feminist.com encourages you to speak out and get involved!

Obviously all human right issues are covered, I can see plenty of content about racial issues, man's issues... not all of it is about women issues. No
Now I am fully convinced that feminism is about equality.

If the links that you provided are to show me that feminism is not only about female issues, you FAILED MISERABLY.

About taking feminism seriously...

When feminists acknowledge that 40% of domestic violence victims are man, when feminist start advocating that man and women are to be treated equally in cases of domestic violence, when you start advocating for existence of safe houses for man victims of domestic violence...

When feminists acknowledge that man can be and are being raped too, when u
acknowledge that false accusations do happen...

When u stop applauding to statements like this from Hillary Clinton

“Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat. Women often have to flee from the only homes they have every known. Women are often the refugees from conflict and sometimes, more frequently in today’s warfare, victims. Women are often left with the responsibility, alone, of raising the children.”

(The ones who died in a war (man) are less of a victim then those who survived it? You can hold this position only if u regard man as a disposable piece of shit who is only good as long as he possess the ability to cater to woman's needs. This is how I see feminism , and nothing you provided didn't change my mind )

When you stop making me apologize for being man...

Then I will take you seriously

Until then

This girls video is a very good representation of my opinion.

Quote:Second, if you read the definition of feminism ... it is equalism. The inclusion of feminism in the humanist movement is the result of over a century's worth of effort by feminists. Because of them women's rights are a centerpiece of the humanist movement and not just a special interest.
I disagree , but this guy explains it better that I would

As far as I am concerned, this matter is settled , nothing more needs to be said, accept, of course, you trowing insults at me. Do your worst...

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
02-10-2013, 06:10 PM
You sir, get it.
+1 cookie for you.

What he said.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
02-10-2013, 07:45 PM
My problem with feminism is that they're giving up their game plan, they're showing their hand. The matriarchy is already here. Has been for a while now. Women have just been waiting for the right moment to tell the men to try and minimize their trauma. 'Cause that's what women do.

This is not my signature.
02-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Bravo... I didn't watch the last couple because I have some stuff to do now but spot on.

A lot of earnings statistics don't account for old guard 1% who obviously skew the curve...and some even lump in childcare to skew the numbers (not that we couldn't have more affordable childcare, just saying it's not valid to the wage argument)

The vast majority of homeless are divorced men.

This 'rape culture' shit pisses me off to no end. Rape is illegal, how can we be a 'rape culture' if rape is illegal? There are 'rape cultures' in the world, but I do not live as part of one. I don't know anyone who admits to being a rapist.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2013, 09:49 PM
(02-10-2013 08:04 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  The vast majority of homeless are divorced men.

Not even close. The vast majority of homeless are mentally handicapped.

(02-10-2013 08:04 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  This 'rape culture' shit pisses me off to no end. Rape is illegal, how can we be a 'rape culture' if rape is illegal? There are 'rape cultures' in the world, but I do not live as part of one. I don't know anyone who admits to being a rapist.

[slightly hyperbolic comparison]
There are very few people who admit to being racists, but there're a lot of racists still out there.
[/slightly hyperbolic comparison]

... this is my signature!
02-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Feminists taking up the rape issue shows that rape is not their focus. More men are raped in the US every year. However the feminists have framed rape as a female victim issue and woman's rights issue.
02-10-2013, 11:02 PM
(02-10-2013 10:48 PM)I and I Wrote:  Feminists taking up the rape issue shows that rape is not their focus. More men are raped in the US every year. However the feminists have framed rape as a female victim issue and woman's rights issue.

"The U.S Bureau of Justice Statistics, which defines rape as penetration by the offender, states that 91% of rape victims are female and 9% are male, and 99% of rapists are male."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2013, 11:15 PM
(02-10-2013 11:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 10:48 PM)I and I Wrote:  Feminists taking up the rape issue shows that rape is not their focus. More men are raped in the US every year. However the feminists have framed rape as a female victim issue and woman's rights issue.

"The U.S Bureau of Justice Statistics, which defines rape as penetration by the offender, states that 91% of rape victims are female and 9% are male, and 99% of rapists are male."

US government statistics, you know how I&I feels about those. Rolleyes

[Image: giphy.gif]
03-10-2013, 12:05 AM
(02-10-2013 09:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 08:04 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  The vast majority of homeless are divorced men.

Not even close. The vast majority of homeless are mentally handicapped.

I don't know the figures. It's also quite possible that each of you are talking about stats in different areas. Also, mental people can get married and divorced as well, so it is still possible that your information isn't in conflict with one another. I have heard some figures at one time that suggested a huge correlation between homelessness and mental illness. It may very well be that is the reason for the huge numbers of homeless war vets as well. PTSD is a bitch. Of course, the overwhelming majority of combat related PTSD vets are male's so that may account for some of what both of you are talking about. War fucks up your head and your family. Then, the domino effect kicks in. Just a thought.

03-10-2013, 12:26 AM
(02-10-2013 11:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I&I is off his rocker stating that 'more men are raped', but this time he would be right to doubt the crappy stats on rape. Very simply, the stats do not include any forced sexual act that is not the result of the offender penetrating the victim. So that 9% male victims can only include sodomy. If a female has conventional sex with a man through coercion, drugging or incapacitating by some other means, or otherwise has sex with the male without his consent, that is by the definition used in those stats not rape.