Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2013, 12:51 AM
RE: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists
God damn it Bryan, you do this so much, I go to say something only to find you've already said it.

But yea what Bryan said. That statistic of 99% are rapists are males is a little deceptive because of course 99% of rape is done by males, it's a little logistically difficult for a women to rape a male.
A more accurate statistic would be any sexual offending. In-appropriate touching , rape, sexual assault etc...
Mind you, I still suspect males would be the vast majority of criminals in that case. But still, it'd be a more accurate portrayal.

I also think males would be less inclined to speak up if they were the victim of some sort of sexual abuse, especially by a women.
A way to look at it is with school kids and teachers. 15 year old boy has sex with his teacher? He's a bloody hero and she's a cougar.
15 year old girl has sex with her teacher? She's a victim and he's a sexual predator.

Actually now that I mention that I'd be interested to know if that 1% of female rapists was in fact statutory rape.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-10-2013, 01:33 AM
I would HIGHLY suspect that the overwhelming majority of men who are 'sexually assaulted' never report it.

03-10-2013, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 02:07 AM by Slowminded.)
(02-10-2013 11:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 10:48 PM)I and I Wrote:  Feminists taking up the rape issue shows that rape is not their focus. More men are raped in the US every year. However the feminists have framed rape as a female victim issue and woman's rights issue.

"The U.S Bureau of Justice Statistics, which defines rape as penetration by the offender, states that 91% of rape victims are female and 9% are male, and 99% of rapists are male."

Well, there you go, the very definition of rape is sexist towards man.

If you define rape in a way that makes it impossible for a woman to rape an adult male , then of course statistics will show that 99% of rapist are man.

That's like defining some crime in a way that it is only possible for a left-handed person to commit it, and then saying , "stats show that this crime is 100% committed by left-handed people". No kidding.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
03-10-2013, 05:30 AM
(03-10-2013 01:50 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 11:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  "The U.S Bureau of Justice Statistics, which defines rape as penetration by the offender, states that 91% of rape victims are female and 9% are male, and 99% of rapists are male."

Well, there you go, the very definition of rape is sexist towards man.

If you define rape in a way that makes it impossible for a woman to rape an adult male , then of course statistics will show that 99% of rapist are man.

That's like defining some crime in a way that it is only possible for a left-handed person to commit it, and then saying , "stats show that this crime is 100% committed by left-handed people". No kidding.

Seriously? What is your level of fear of being raped by a woman?

Does the possibility of it ever even dimly intrude on your risk assessment?

And why not? Because it is so freakin' rare.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2013, 05:53 AM
(02-10-2013 11:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 10:48 PM)I and I Wrote:  Feminists taking up the rape issue shows that rape is not their focus. More men are raped in the US every year. However the feminists have framed rape as a female victim issue and woman's rights issue.

"The U.S Bureau of Justice Statistics, which defines rape as penetration by the offender, states that 91% of rape victims are female and 9% are male, and 99% of rapists are male."

I like how you didn't post any links to your stats.

Does the bureau of justice count prison rape? If it doesn't, then it's not a real count of victims of rape.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree...than-women
03-10-2013, 06:19 AM
(03-10-2013 05:53 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 11:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  "The U.S Bureau of Justice Statistics, which defines rape as penetration by the offender, states that 91% of rape victims are female and 9% are male, and 99% of rapists are male."

I like how you didn't post any links to your stats.

Does the bureau of justice count prison rape? If it doesn't, then it's not a real count of victims of rape.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree...than-women

Nor do the statistics include the unreported rapes of women.

I cited the U.S. Bureau of Justice. Look it up yourself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-10-2013, 07:28 AM
(02-10-2013 10:48 PM)I and I Wrote:  ...
More men are raped in the US every year.

(03-10-2013 12:26 AM)BryanS Wrote:  I&I is off his rocker stating that 'more men are raped',

Compare and contrast.

Not saying 'more men than women are raped'.

03-10-2013, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 09:40 AM by ridethespiral.)
Double Post.

Enjoy this cat instead:

[Image: caturday_cat_memes_04.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
03-10-2013, 09:36 AM
(03-10-2013 09:33 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 09:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Not even close. The vast majority of homeless are mentally handicapped.

[slightly hyperbolic comparison]
There are very few people who admit to being racists, but there're a lot of racists still out there.
[/slightly hyperbolic comparison]

I swear I didn't pull that out of my ass. I saw a report somewhere that said IIRC that 60% of homeless where divorced men....but it was a long time ago and maybe it was referring to a particular city or age demographic.

Right and that is my point, it is NOT socially acceptable to be a rapist or a racist. How can we live in a 'rape culture' if rape is not only criminal but also socially abhorred. Not denying that rapes occur, or trying brush off anyones suffering...I'm just saying that being accused of encouraging and participating in a 'rape culture' makes my blood boil.

03-10-2013, 10:50 AM
(03-10-2013 05:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 01:50 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Well, there you go, the very definition of rape is sexist towards man.

Seriously? What is your level of fear of being raped by a woman?

Does the possibility of it ever even dimly intrude on your risk assessment?

And why not? Because it is so freakin' rare.

I don't see what my or anybodies risk assessment has to do with definition of certain crime.
That is a completely subjective and circumstantial thing.
Some people are more afraid of getting robbed, some are less, some take precautions, some don't. Some are more in risk of getting robbed , and some are less.
Risk assessment of of getting robbed doesn't affect the definition of robbery and we don't take that into account when we define robbery in our laws, do we?
Why would that be different for rape or any other crime?

I really don't see what were you trying to say. If I get raped it doesn't count as a rape because I wasn't afraid of getting rape beforehand and it doesn't count because chances of me getting raped were small ?

And it is rare...how do we know it is rare? Statistically?
When we define rape in a way that will surely produce stats that man get raped rarely and that vast majority of rapist are man, and then we use the same stats to justify the definition, we are just employing a circular logic.

If we change the definition to what it should be, then we might find out that it isn't so rare after all.

Finally, why does it matter if it is rare?
Penetration is a method of rape ( yes, it is a most common method, but still just one of possible methods) , it is not what should define a rape as a rape.
Because other methods are rare that shouldn't affect the definition.
I.e. poisoning is ,compered to other methods of murder, extremely rare, but that doesn't make it less of a murder and it doesn't make the victim less dead.

next part is a bit graphic...
The whole penetration thing is stupid. It is very unclear. Penetrated by what? Does only dick count? What about fingering someone against his will, do fingers count?
And where? What about other objects? If you stick a beer bottle in someones ass is that a rape by this definition ?
What if there is no penetration, if you force somebody to take off his clothes and lick your asshole and jerk you off, that is not a rape because there was no penetration?
And it says "penetration by the offender", so If you force somebody to put a strap on and fuck you in the ass. Who is getting raped then ?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's