Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2013, 03:08 PM
RE: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists
(04-10-2013 02:16 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Seriously bro? U are compering this

to this:

"I feel that 'man-hating' is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them." -- Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor.

"We can't destroy the inequities between men and women until we destroy marriage." -- Robin Morgan

"To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he's a machine, a walking *****." -- Valerie Solanas, Authoress of the SCUM Manifesto

"The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness...can be trained to do most things." -- Jilly Cooper, SCUM (Society For Cutting Up Men, started by Valerie Solanas)

"I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig." -- Andrea Dworkin

"The institution of sexual intercourse is anti-feminist" -- Ti-Grace Atkinson

"All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman." -- Catherine MacKinnon

"The more famous and powerful I get the more power I have to hurt men." -- Sharon Stone; Actress

"The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race." -- Sally Miller Gearhart, in The Future - If There Is One - Is Female.

"Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience." - Catherine Comins

"All men are rapists and that's all they are" -- Marilyn French, Authoress; (later, advisoress to Al Gore's Presidential Campaign.)

??

No, he's not. Don't be a twat.

However, compare your quotes with the Black Panthers or the Nation of Islam for apples to apples.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Watch first and third video and then tell me that I am not compering apples with apples.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Woman against feminism

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
04-10-2013, 04:13 PM
(04-10-2013 03:25 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Watch first and third video and then tell me that I am not compering apples with apples.

My point is that comparing extremists of one ilk with moderates of another is not useful or informative.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Slowminded:
Yes. Very interesting. Some videos on Youtube.

Which don't respond to my point. At all. Irrelevant and dishonest.

... this is my signature!
04-10-2013, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 05:11 PM by Slowminded.)
Quote:My point is that comparing extremists of one ilk with moderates of another is not useful or informative.

I understood your point perfectly, but what I am saying is that those quotes do not represent extreme feminism, they represent feminism [period]
What I am compering is core ideology of one movement to the core ideology of another movement. Apples to apples.
Of course , I did pick the most outrageous quotes, in the same way you would pick the most outrageous verses from the bible when you debate theists on moral.
The fact that some views are more moderate doesn't change a thing.

Authors of those quotes are a part of feminist literature today, no "moderate" feminist ever disowned them, not one said "ok, this is wrong"
SCUM manifesto is a must read for a feminist.

04-10-2013, 05:03 PM
(04-10-2013 04:17 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Slowminded:

In the videos you would find a response to your points, presented in a more eloquent way than I can. If you need me to chew that down for you videos explain that women are not worst off and that it is questionable that they ever were in a way that would justify today's feminist rhetoric.

If you took the time to read what I wrote in this thread so far you would see that my main disagreement with feminism is that I think that it doesn't have a goal of achieving equality, and thus is not comparable to American civil rights movement.

Your "points" are a red herring btw.

[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
04-10-2013, 05:39 PM
(04-10-2013 05:03 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 04:17 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Slowminded:

In the videos you would find a response to your points, presented in a more eloquent way than I can. If you need me to chew that down for you videos explain that women are not worst off and that it is questionable that they ever were in a way that would justify today's feminist rhetoric.

If you took the time to read what I wrote in this thread so far you would see that my main disagreement with feminism is that I think that it doesn't have a goal of achieving equality, and thus is not comparable to American civil rights movement.

In 2013 it's really time to put aside divisive movements and unite under a humanist banner.

Feminism is still valid in some communities and in many other countries (Italy, practically the entire mid east, etc.), and there are some states where women's rights (practically reproductive rights) are continually under-fire (probably less about women and more about religious garbage) and of course I support the right to choose, access to birth control, access to family healthcare, affordable childcare, etc.

...but the whole you can't talk to me in an elevator, can't say 'fork the repo', everything you say is offensive, censor and PC the world movement is just inflammatory and stupid....It's the 21st century there are more women in college than men, the US is not the same as it was in 1920 and I abhor the notion that somehow I'm responsible for the social policies of previous generations.

...When I was growing up they had 'take your daughter to work day' and every year my sister got to see what my dad did at work and every year I wanted to go and I never understood why I couldn't. I get why the program existed but it should have been 'take your kids to work.' What does a 10 year old know about sexism? Exclusion and double standards just perpetuate the problem.

I also feel like feminism is traditionally a confused movement anyway, if you go back to prohibition temperance was a women's movement attempting end the saloon and force men to stay in and participate in the church....but in turn it gave birth to the flappers who practiced a completely different brand of feminism, women who drank with men in smokey bars and where sexual and promiscuous and free.

04-10-2013, 06:35 PM
(04-10-2013 04:51 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
Quote:My point is that comparing extremists of one ilk with moderates of another is not useful or informative.

I understood your point perfectly, but what I am saying is that those quotes do not represent extreme feminism, they represent feminism [period]
What I am compering is core ideology of one movement to the core ideology of another movement. Apples to apples.
Of course , I did pick the most outrageous quotes, in the same way you would pick the most outrageous verses from the bible when you debate theists on moral.
The fact that some views are more moderate doesn't change a thing.

Authors of those quotes are a part of feminist literature today, no "moderate" feminist ever disowned them, not one said "ok, this is wrong"
SCUM manifesto is a must read for a feminist.

And all Christians are creatards, all Muslims are suicide bombers, all Latinos are car thieves, all blacks are gangstas, all ...

Stick your generalizations up your ass.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-10-2013, 06:48 PM
If by "everyone" you mean complete idiots.

"No gods, no masters."
-Margaret Sanger

Peace is not the absence of war but the presence of justice.

If you want to be a language policeman, I suggest you find yourself in a George Orwell novel.