Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2013, 06:49 PM
RE: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists
Quote:I also feel like feminism is traditionally a confused movement anyway, if you go back to prohibition temperance was a women's movement attempting end the saloon and force men to stay in and participate in the church....but in turn it gave birth to the flappers who practiced a completely different brand of feminism, women who drank with men in smokey bars and where sexual and promiscuous and free.

The only thing that's confused here is you.

"No gods, no masters."
-Margaret Sanger

Peace is not the absence of war but the presence of justice.

If you want to be a language policeman, I suggest you find yourself in a George Orwell novel.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 02:29 AM
(04-10-2013 06:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  And all Christians are creatards, all Muslims are suicide bombers, all Latinos are car thieves, all blacks are gangstas, all ...

Stick your generalizations up your ass.

And u can stick your strawman up yours.

I am talking about ideology, I didn't say all, or half, or ....

Not all christians are creatards but ALL of them do believe in Jesus, right?
Not ALL christians are WBC, but ALL of them hold bible as the highest authority on the truth, and we know what can be found in the bible.
Like christians, not every feminist is an asshole , and not everything they do is wrong , but the ideology is rotten to the core in both cases.

And who cares in the end , I made my case, you say it's bullshit. Fair enough.
There's no need for you to be so butthurt about it. We disagree, that's it.
I don't need you to agree with what I say, I am not asking anybody to become anti feminist.

Moving on...

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
05-10-2013, 06:17 AM
(05-10-2013 02:29 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 06:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  And all Christians are creatards, all Muslims are suicide bombers, all Latinos are car thieves, all blacks are gangstas, all ...

Stick your generalizations up your ass.

And u can stick your strawman up yours.

I am talking about ideology, I didn't say all, or half, or ....

Not all christians are creatards but ALL of them do believe in Jesus, right?
Not ALL christians are WBC, but ALL of them hold bible as the highest authority on the truth, and we know what can be found in the bible.
Like christians, not every feminist is an asshole , and not everything they do is wrong , but the ideology is rotten to the core in both cases.

And who cares in the end , I made my case, you say it's bullshit. Fair enough.
There's no need for you to be so butthurt about it. We disagree, that's it.
I don't need you to agree with what I say, I am not asking anybody to become anti feminist.

Moving on...

You are not talking about feminism but about extreme feminism. Your comparisons fail.

And once again, you make false generalizations.

For example, not all Christians believe what you claim they believe.
You have created cartoonish generalizations.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-10-2013, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 02:00 PM by NoSkyDaddy.)
Slowminded,
I wanted to touch base with you. I said in my pm I'd respond and haven't had time. However, your repeated posting of Girl Writes What? vids and other vids associated with the group A Voice for Men is disturbing. Paul Elam, AVfM's founder, has repeatedly postedand published rticles making the claim that rape is the fulfillment of female rape fantasies. Furthermore, AVfM is on the Southern Poverty Law Center's wathlist for hate groups. You are treading on very dangerous ground. My research into AVfM is part of what is taking so long in my respone. A list and discussion of Paul Elam's rape enbling rants along with direct links to the rants on AVfM can be viewed here: http://solacesylum.com/tag/avfm/ . Don't take my word for it. Look for yourself.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post
05-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Paul Elam is a fucking bastard, I don't need to look , I know that.
You see, I don't have a problem calling bastard a bastard , maybe you should adopt the same approach when you judge feminism.
Him being a bastard somehow makes feminism looks better? Just a different type of bastards.

And GWW is associated with AVfM , not the best company admittedly , but I don't see how that invalidates anything she says in her videos, is there anything factually wrong that you found in her videos? Nowhere in her videos you will find rape apology. At least I didn't and not in the videos I posted , I didn't watch all of them tho.

But how do you get to judge my opposition of feminism based on some dick's extremism , and I don't get to judge feminism on it's extremists?

I am treading on very dangerous ground?

Are you calling me a rape apologist? Lets get this thing straight first.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
05-10-2013, 12:08 PM
(05-10-2013 10:58 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Paul Elam is a fucking bastard, I don't need to look , I know that.
You see, I don't have a problem calling bastard a bastard , maybe you should adopt the same approach when you judge feminism.
Him being a bastard somehow makes feminism looks better? Just a different type of bastards.

And GWW is associated with AVfM , not the best company admittedly , but I don't see how that invalidates anything she says in her videos, is there anything factually wrong that you found in her videos? Nowhere in her videos you will find rape apology. At least I didn't and not in the videos I posted , I didn't watch all of them tho.

But how do you get to judge my opposition of feminism based on some dick's extremism , and I don't get to judge feminism on it's extremists?

You get to judge extremists as extremists. You don't get to extend crazy to not crazy. Again - you are stereotyping.

I have several woman friends, most of whom self-identify as feminists. They all think the extreme feminists are batshit crazy and cause people to feel negatively toward feminism.

I guess they are right. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2013, 01:15 PM
(05-10-2013 12:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 10:58 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Paul Elam is a fucking bastard, I don't need to look , I know that.

You get to judge extremists as extremists. You don't get to extend crazy to not crazy. Again - you are stereotyping.

I have several woman friends, most of whom self-identify as feminists. They all think the extreme feminists are batshit crazy and cause people to feel negatively toward feminism.

I guess they are right. Consider
Ok, I generalized . My bad. I'll try not to let it happen again.
Still, the fact that only some ( and I am still not convinced that "some" in the case of feminism is a minority ) feminist are extremist says nothing about feminism being good.
Like you said, only small number of christians/muslims are extremists, does that make christianity or islam good, because only few of them are batshit crazy?

Perhaps I am to blame for judging feminism by it's loudest members, but there is no other option for me since more moderate ones never or almost never raise their voices against the extremists.
NoSkyDaddy offered to provide proof that feminism is about equality , he failed on the first try, and after almost a week he came up with "your source is a bad person coz she is associated with this asshole , that must means you are a bad person too" And that is to prove that feminism is great?

05-10-2013, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 03:49 PM by NoSkyDaddy.)

No, don't misunderstand me. I meant the things I said in the pm. I was simply concerned that you didn't realize you we're posting from a known hate group. I haven't had time to write my reply, but, I've been able to read some of your posts on lunch. Outside of the questionable sources, your language seems thoughtful and sincere. I didn't mean for that post to seem curt. I simply had an extreme time crunch when I wrote it. My apologies. I will get to my reply. Hopefully I can finish it tonight.

P.S. Rad Fem girl in the last post of your reply is just as bigoted as Paul Elam.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
05-10-2013, 02:44 PM
I didn't know that AVfM is registered as a hate group nor did I know Elam founded AVfM , I just came across Elam's videos and thought that guy is an asshole, and there are few as bad or worst then him. I had a huge fight -pissing contest with Aca Demy via pm's on youtube.

I am looking forward to your replay , in fact I would love to be proven wrong. But don't rush it, I am not the easiest person to change the mind of.

05-10-2013, 09:55 PM
I don't hate feminists. Real feminists where the women that fought for their right to vote, and have an equal chance for success in our society. They stood up for their rights when it was insanely difficult to do so. They lived in a world that looked down on them because of their gender from the day they were born and fought tooth and nail for equality.

Modern day feminism is just a bunch of whiney self-aggrandized emo 20 somethings who subscribe to a philosophy that is as pseudo-intellectual as religion for the most part. There are a few people left who knew what it was originally about but not many. They make a mockery of the sacrifice and work their parents did.