Everyone is an Atheist in a Rest Home

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 03:42 PM
RE: Everyone is an Atheist in a Rest Home
You know when elderly people start losing their memory they start to kling on and repeat phrases and songs from their childhood or such which were deeply grinded into their mentality during their youth.

And this is no joke: In Germany, elderly people with memory loss often start singing nazi propaganda songs.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Of course when you get old you want to die - your body is failing you, you become increasingly dependent on others and people disrespect you.

What a sad way to end up, begging to die...

Far as religion goes - some cling to it because there is nothing and nobody to cling to other than that. Taking religion away from an elderly person is likely the most cruel thing you can do to anyone.

The ones who don't need it to get them through the day do often discard it. Would be an interesting survey...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
03-04-2014, 06:01 AM
(02-04-2014 04:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  Of course when you get old you want to die - your body is failing you, you become increasingly dependent on others and people disrespect you.

Not that you meant to do it, but I feel like shit now. Confused

I lose my temper with my wife way to often....she's in respite for the week and it gives me time to reflect a little. Sad

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
03-04-2014, 09:16 AM
(02-04-2014 04:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  Far as religion goes - some cling to it because there is nothing and nobody to cling to other than that. Taking religion away from an elderly person is likely the most cruel thing you can do to anyone.
Not the most cruel, but certainly cruel yes. This is precisely why whenever my 82 year old mother starts to argue about religion with me, I do my best to give short replies that don't open more tangents - thus ending the conversation as quickly as possible - rather than trying to convince her that I am right.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-04-2014, 11:40 AM
I want to someday spend my last months looking into various crystal balls. Because sparkly. Besides, I'll probably be delirious or something anyway, so I can amuse the nurses telling them "their futures." I'll have to protect my crystal balls from the other patients though, b/c they'll also be drawn to the sparkly.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
03-04-2014, 11:42 AM
(03-04-2014 11:40 AM)Charis Wrote:  I want to someday spend my last months looking into various crystal balls. Because sparkly. Besides, I'll probably be delirious or something anyway, so I can amuse the nurses telling them "their futures." I'll have to protect my crystal balls from the other patients though, b/c they'll also be drawn to the sparkly.

MY PRECIOUS...

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
03-04-2014, 12:12 PM
(03-04-2014 11:40 AM)Charis Wrote:  I want to someday spend my last months looking into various crystal balls. Because sparkly. Besides, I'll probably be delirious or something anyway, so I can amuse the nurses telling them "their futures." I'll have to protect my crystal balls from the other patients though, b/c they'll also be drawn to the sparkly.

Charis, are you saying that other people are attracted to your balls? I'm so confused and have so many questions...
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
03-04-2014, 12:19 PM
Oh yes! Big sparkly quartz and sapphire balls! Blue balls all the way! big, round, smooth.... but rather cold, so I hope they'll overlook that part. And extremely hard.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post