Everyone is an atheist, some just don't know it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Everyone is an atheist, some just don't know it

Just watch and you'll understand...

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 03:54 PM
RE: Everyone is an atheist, some just don't know it
(07-03-2013 02:36 PM)DeathsNotoriousAngel Wrote:  

It was good up until the point where Penn started making claims like "If you stop at a stop light you are an atheist". That last bit was outright stupid and I am surprised it came out of the mouth of Penn. Penn is conflating a belief in God with a belief that God will protect you from all harm such that there is no need for you to take ownership of your own personal safety.

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
Find all posts by this user
07-03-2013, 04:17 PM
(07-03-2013 03:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

It was good up until the point where Penn started making claims like "If you stop at a stop light you are an atheist". That last bit was outright stupid and I am surprised it came out of the mouth of Penn. Penn is conflating a belief in God with a belief that God will protect you from all harm such that there is no need for you to take ownership of your own personal safety.

[sarcasm] As long as you believe in God, you dont need to worry about personal safety... You can do ANYTHING and its part of Gods plan. You get hurt or killed in the process, part of his plan. Who are you to question it? [/sarcasm]
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
07-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Maybe everyone is an atheist but not everyone has a healthy atheism.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin
07-03-2013, 04:57 PM
(07-03-2013 04:17 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 03:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  It was good up until the point where Penn started making claims like "If you stop at a stop light you are an atheist". That last bit was outright stupid and I am surprised it came out of the mouth of Penn. Penn is conflating a belief in God with a belief that God will protect you from all harm such that there is no need for you to take ownership of your own personal safety.

[sarcasm] As long as you believe in God, you dont need to worry about personal safety... You can do ANYTHING and its part of Gods plan. You get hurt or killed in the process, part of his plan. Who are you to question it? [/sarcasm]

I get were your coming from...that Penn was trying to be sarcastic for comedic effect. Maybe it was the abrupt shift from a serious discussion to the ridiculuous sarcasm but I didn't find it funny. A lot of comedy is about timing and Penn's metronome was off that day.

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
07-03-2013, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 11:02 PM by PoolBoyG.)
I prefer the "everyone is an atheist in regard to other gods, and some of us just go one god further."

Note on comedy: you can never have a serious conversation about people who are so completely removed from reality, who believe in spirits, gods, demons, magic, etc. A serious discussion would be one about mental illness, and the corruption of society that allows for certain organizations, parties, and individuals to promote and cultivate delusions for profit.
[+] 3 users Like PoolBoyG's post
08-03-2013, 07:38 AM
(07-03-2013 03:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Right, so we have to make our own decisions using our own free will? Oh wait ... but god is omnipotent and omniscient so he already knows our decisions. Wait so are we actually making any decisions at all? Yes, because god gave us free will. But wait, if he designed our free will, how is it free? That's like saying you programmed a computer to think outside of its program.

Guess it doesn't work after all.

Science, logic and how they destroy religious arguments @ http://scepticalprophet.wordpress.com/

To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.
- Isaac Asimov.
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
08-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:That's like saying you programmed a computer to think outside of its program.
But you can program a computer to learn and adapt from their interactions with others--like the computer programmed to beat chess champions.
A friend wrote today to say, "If there is an innate longing in all beings to know their true purpose/destiny, can anyone really be a sincere Atheist?"
08-03-2013, 09:39 AM
I like it. Puts a spin on those christians who say, "there ARE no atheists, just people who know there is a god [they use capital G] but don't want there to be so they can sin without having to answer to authority.
08-03-2013, 09:51 AM
(08-03-2013 09:39 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  I like it. Puts a spin on those christians who say, "there ARE no atheists, just people who know there is a god [they use capital G] but don't want there to be so they can sin GOD without having to answer to authority GOD.

*fixt.

Isn't there something about using the word in the definition? Consider

Everyone is a ______ so that we can become I and someone can lead. Caesar's always getting rendered, sho' nuff. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user