Evid3nc3's Youtube Channel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Evid3nc3's Youtube Channel
There is a youtube member who talks about his on how be because a Atheist. His videos are very compelling. He talks about his struggles between his love of God vs the amount of evidence that disproves God. It's a long series, but it gives great insight.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Evid3nc3

His official website:
http://flavors.me/evid3nc3

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2011, 07:06 PM

RE: Evid3nc3's Youtube Channel
Just got through section 2 of his series and wow, what an amazing story. I'm passing his channel on to my Catholic friend who is an Engineer as well. We'll just have to wait and hear what he has to say....
Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2011, 12:31 AM
The world is saved by a bunch of scientists named Steve. Sorry, Batman. Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
28-01-2011, 07:00 AM

I watched from 2.0 up to 3.3.3 (History of God). Very interesting and if all the historical facts are indeed correct, these would be great vids to share with people who are on the fence about religion.

Not just the facts, but his story is very interesting. He had a greater struggle than I had for sure.

Thanks for the website link, wasn't aware he had one. Smile
28-01-2011, 10:53 AM
I absolutely love Evid3nc3! I'm in between him and GreatBigBore for favourite YouTube atheist.

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2011, 04:48 PM

(28-01-2011 10:53 AM)LeviTimes Wrote:  I absolutely love Evid3nc3! I'm in between him and GreatBigBore for favourite YouTube atheist.

Of course, this is after Seth (TTA) right? His vids are a bit more comical and less diplomatic, sure, but he's not wrong. I just really enjoy watching them,
28-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Evid3nc3 has some of the best videos on youtube, and the best youtube series hands down.
31-01-2011, 10:52 AM
I just started watching his videos after listening to the latest TTA podcast, and I am so glad that I did! I'm planning on reading Karen Armstrong's book, The History of God as soon as I have the time. What I've read so far of the bible makes so much more sense now! I knew that there were multiple writers of the Hebrew Bible, but I didn't know that later writers completely changed the writings of the older writers. It's absolutely fascinating.

The videos themselves are very well-done, and he's got a good speaking voice. As I was never a believer, these videos are great for letting me see how believers will try to rationalise their beliefs and hold on to them for as long as they can. Makes me want to take a different approach to discussions with theists now.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
04-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Found his channel as well from the TTA podcast. It's pretty damn awesome. Most of the stuff I knew but he put everything together well. What I didn't know was the chronology. Excellent series of videos.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
04-02-2011, 01:11 PM

Evid3nc3 is an incredibly gifted thinker. I very much appreciate his clarity, honesty, vulnerability, and kindness.

I have recommended him often to many people who have doubts about the Christian faith. Although none of them have deconverted after watching his presentations, they have come away with many heavy thoughts and harder questions.

For another excellent thinker, check out TheraminTrees. He examines religion and relationships through an extensive study in psychology, particularly Transactional Analysis.

Very much worth many, many viewings.