Evid3nc3's Youtube Channel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2011, 01:32 PM
RE: Evid3nc3's Youtube Channel
(04-02-2011 01:11 PM)Kthulu Wrote:  Evid3nc3 is an incredibly gifted thinker. I very much appreciate his clarity, honesty, vulnerability, and kindness.

I have recommended him often to many people who have doubts about the Christian faith. Although none of them have deconverted after watching his presentations, they have come away with many heavy thoughts and harder questions.

For another excellent thinker, check out TheraminTrees. He examines religion and relationships through an extensive study in psychology, particularly Transactional Analysis.

Very much worth many, many viewings.

I love TheraminTrees! I love it when he partners with QualiaSoup as well! The Wisemonkey series is wonderful!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2011, 03:06 PM
I risk of becoming "the devils advocate" but...
His video's are really polished and the story of his deconversion has a really strong narrative.
I think that's a bit suspicious for a real "Oh my god! There isn’t!" type of deconversion man. I'm suspecting there is more to him than just himself.

He still has good points! I watched all his video's. Thumbs up.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
04-02-2011, 05:43 PM
(04-02-2011 03:06 PM)The_observer Wrote:  I risk of becoming "the devils advocate" but...
His video's are really polished and the story of his deconversion has a really strong narrative.
I think that's a bit suspicious for a real "Oh my god! There isn’t!" type of deconversion man. I'm suspecting there is more to him than just himself.

His deconversion was back in 2004. If he really wanted to tell use more. The way he describes he may have to just write a book. Also isn't he a computer and film student?

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2011, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2011 03:36 PM by Observer.)
(04-02-2011 05:43 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  
(04-02-2011 03:06 PM)The_observer Wrote:  I risk of becoming "the devils advocate" but...

His deconversion was back in 2004. If he really wanted to tell use more. The way he describes he may have to just write a book. Also isn't he a computer and film student?
Perhaps I just became all to sceptic. Undecided

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user