22-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Evidence Of Absence.
DEITY ASSESSMENT REPORT
COSMOS ENTERPRISES
6TH MILLENNIUM SINCE CREATION

SPONSOR: Humanity.
SCOPE: All of creation
ASSESSOR: TTA Consulting Services

TTA Consulting Services wish to express their thanks to Humanity for engaging the former for this important assignment.

This Assessment was conducted in accordance with ISO15504

Assessment Scope:
The capabilities and processes under review were as follows:
  • Prayer
  • Eschatology / rebirth
  • Creation by supernatural capabilities
  • Creation by natural processes
  • The existence of a deity / deities
  • The existence of a concept of a deity / deities

For detailed findings, please refer to the attached.

Executive Summary
Summary of the Approach
A 'class one' assessment was performed and as stipulated by ISO15504, this entails reviewing at least four (4) instances of each process or capability seeking evidence through observation, interviews, inspection and/or re-performing activities to ascertain the existence of artefacts, practices, goals and / or work products.

Assessment Constraints
- Only one universe was available for review
- Despite repeated requests, no actual deities were available for the arranged interviews. Instead, interviews were conducted with deputies or spokespersons.

Assessment Profile and Process Capability Attained
Prayer:
As interviewees opinion varied, no single definition of the process purpose could be provided. The process was practiced but no benefits were evident. High probability of confusion between correlation and causation.
Rating = 0

Eschatology / rebirth:
No clear definition of the process purpose was provided nor were activities defined.
Rating = 0

Creation by supernatural capabilities:
No clear definition of the process purpose was provided nor was any methodology defined.
Rating = 0

Creation by natural processes:
No clear definition of the process purpose was defined and no overall goal was identified although overwhelming evidence (artefacts) was produced to support the process and methodology.
Rating = 5

The existence of a deity / deities:
Nope, nothing, zip, zilch. Anecdotal evidence only. This was deemed insufficient to determine an accurate rating in the case of an unspecified non-interventionist deity but the expected evidence for an interventionist deity was entirely absent.
Rating = 0

The existence of a concept of a deity / deities
No clear definition of the process purpose was defined. Interpretations of the concept were inconsistent. Cultural impact was 'high'.
Rating = 3

Risks and Recommendation
The risks relating to the missing processes and capabilities (those rated as "0") and their definitions, artefacts and goals, is considered to be 'very low'.

The sponsor may wish to consider implementation solely for the placebo effect but the impact will be minimal (to nothing) with regard to output or productivity of Cosmos Enterprises.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 18 users Like DLJ's post
22-08-2015, 09:49 AM
RE: Evidence Of Absence.
Move on folks, nothing to see here.

ETA: Oh wait that's absence of evidence

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
22-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Ok, lets suppose that we're dealing with a deist/prime mover claim.

Now whatchu got?Tongue
22-08-2015, 10:03 AM
(22-08-2015 10:00 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Ok, lets suppose that we're dealing with a deist/prime mover claim.

Now whatchu got?Tongue

Thank you for your kind response.

Please refer to the above report and note the reference to the non-interventionist deity.

Regards
TTA Consulting Services.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-08-2015, 10:15 AM
(22-08-2015 10:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 10:00 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Ok, lets suppose that we're dealing with a deist/prime mover claim.

Now whatchu got?Tongue

Thank you for your kind response.

Please refer to the above report and note the reference to the non-interventionist deity.

Regards
TTA Consulting Services.

Fair enough...

Do you think the above is enough to render all god propositions impossible?

Is it enough to render a belief that god does not exist?

Is this conclusive evidence worthy of a conclusion, or suggestive evidence worthy of a hypothesis?

My stance is that it's enough to hypothesize that god doesn't exist, but that's about as far as I would go. Of course, it appears that I may be unique in that I don't want to believe something I don't know.
22-08-2015, 10:23 AM
(22-08-2015 10:15 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 10:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thank you for your kind response.

Regards
TTA Consulting Services.

Fair enough...

Is this conclusive evidence worthy of a conclusion, or suggestive evidence worthy of a hypothesis?

My stance is that it's enough to hypothesize that god doesn't exist, but that's about as far as I would go. Of course, it appears that I may be unique in that I don't want to believe something I don't know.

Belief/non-belief is not binary; it is not a dichotomy. It is a continuum, i.e. there are degrees of belief.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-08-2015, 10:24 AM
(22-08-2015 10:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 10:15 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Fair enough...

Belief/non-belief is not binary; it is not a dichotomy. It is a continuum, i.e. there are degrees of belief.

Lawyers make a lot of money thanks to this observation.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
22-08-2015, 10:32 AM
(22-08-2015 10:24 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 10:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  Belief/non-belief is not binary; it is not a dichotomy. It is a continuum, i.e. there are degrees of belief.

Lawyers make a lot of money thanks to this observation.

Of this ... I am certain.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-08-2015, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 09:59 PM by DLJ.)
(22-08-2015 10:15 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  ...

I'm sure you know the definition of knowledge that is oft used in fillysofical circles i.e. Knowledge is a justified true belief (excluding the usual solipsistic stuff).

In other words, one can believe many things but only a subset of those beliefs fit the definition above.

I don't think you are unique in wanting both sets (belief and knowledge) to be congruent:
[Image: Dillahunty-1.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
22-08-2015, 11:13 AM
(22-08-2015 10:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 10:15 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  ...

I'm sure you know the definition of knowledge that oft used in fillysofical circles i.e. Knowledge is a justified true belief (excluding the usual solipsistic stuff).

I other words, one can believe many things but only a subset of those beliefs fit the definition above.

I don't think you are unique in wanting both sets (belief and knowledge) to be congruent:
[Image: Dillahunty-1.jpg]

I guess I would go further in that I expect all reasonable people to want that congruency, because, as I've pointed out before, if one accepts that knowledge = JTB, and this person also has beliefs they don't consider knowledge, then it follows that they must not think their belief is justified. When a reasonable person realizes he has a belief that is not justified, he discards the fuck out of that thing!

Realizing a belief is not justified, but holding it anyways in not reasonable.