Evidence against divine inspiration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: Evidence against divine inspiration
How to know that you probably shouldn't be on the internet:

Step 1 - Ask a question
Step 2 - Get answers you don't like to a question, then get logical fallacies pointed out
Step 3 - Get enraged to the point that you threaten to stab someone in the neck because you have no good counter-argument to their response.
Step 4 - Get banned

I think they need to go to some group therapy classes for anger management if their immediate reaction is to threaten people with violence because, "a big poopy doodooface called me names and disrespected me on the internet."

Do you think maybe it was the president elect in disguise? I hear he doesn't handle criticism well.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
26-01-2017, 03:10 PM
(26-01-2017 03:06 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  What have we learned here today? Aplogists are liars and quite possibly go insane if challenged. Drinking Beverage

Oh that's nothing new. I mean look at poor mr galileo back in the day. House arrested for suggesting planets rotate around the sun and we aren't the center of the universe. Then... after the church raged AND house arrested him, and admitted he was right, kept him under house arrest.

Nothing as rational as an enraged apologist who flips their shit when questioned. Obviously the best way to make one's case is to threaten people with physical violence to prove that you're a kind, loving, religious person who is one of god's fine children.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 5 users Like Logisch's post
26-01-2017, 03:13 PM
(26-01-2017 03:10 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 03:06 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  What have we learned here today? Aplogists are liars and quite possibly go insane if challenged. Drinking Beverage

Oh that's nothing new. I mean look at poor mr galileo back in the day. House arrested for suggesting planets rotate around the sun and we aren't the center of the universe. Then... after the church raged AND house arrested him, and admitted he was right, kept him under house arrest.

Nothing as rational as an enraged apologist who flips their shit when questioned. Obviously the best way to make one's case is to threaten people with physical violence to prove that you're a kind, loving, religious person who is one of god's fine children.

OT god would probably be proud of such display.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
26-01-2017, 03:13 PM
(26-01-2017 03:13 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 03:10 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Oh that's nothing new. I mean look at poor mr galileo back in the day. House arrested for suggesting planets rotate around the sun and we aren't the center of the universe. Then... after the church raged AND house arrested him, and admitted he was right, kept him under house arrest.

OT god would probably be proud of such display.

You know, you're not wrong there.

26-01-2017, 03:15 PM
(26-01-2017 02:02 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  How do you explain this from Wikipedia "The New Testament has been preserved in more than 5,800 Greek manuscripts, 10,000 Latin manuscripts and 9,300 manuscripts in various other ancient languages including Syriac, Slavic, Ethiopic and Armenian. There are approximately 300,000 textual variants among the manuscripts, most of them being the changes of word order and other comparative trivialities.[85][86] Thus, for over 250 years, New Testament scholars have argued that no textual variant affects any doctrine. Professor D. A. Carson states: "nothing we believe to be doctrinally true, and nothing we are commanded to do, is in any way jeopardized by the variants. This is true for any textual tradition. The interpretation of individual passages may well be called in question; but never is a doctrine affected."[85][87]"
The appendix to Mark about begin bitten by vipers and not being harmed, etc., has had a distinct impact on Christian doctrine and has created weird cultish version of Christianity in Appalachia. That's just off the top of my head.

Of course you would expect inerrantists to claim consistently that there are nothing but trivial differences between texts, but the above example by itself debunks those hand-waving dismissals.

That said, in general I allow those claims to stand unchallenged because even if they were true, there are so many countless problems and inconsistencies and ambiguities in the scriptures that it wouldn't matter.
26-01-2017, 03:16 PM
(26-01-2017 03:13 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 03:13 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  OT god would probably be proud of such display.

You know, you're not wrong there.

It is no coincidence that glorious cat of even more glorious supreme leader Lenin is my avatar - just like the father of revolution I'm never wrong.

Big Grin

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
26-01-2017, 03:16 PM
(26-01-2017 02:41 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 02:33 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

I see you're elevating the dialog. Simple question - who wrote the gospels?

John, Paul, George, and Ringo? Wink
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
26-01-2017, 03:19 PM
[Image: images.jpeg]

[Image: scumbag-god_o_985035.jpg]

[+] 5 users Like Logisch's post
26-01-2017, 03:21 PM
(26-01-2017 03:19 PM)Logisch Wrote:  [Image: images.jpeg]

[Image: frequency-of-miracles-time-graph-camera-...vented.jpg]

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
26-01-2017, 03:22 PM
(26-01-2017 03:21 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 03:19 PM)Logisch Wrote:  [Image: images.jpeg]

[Image: frequency-of-miracles-time-graph-camera-...vented.jpg]

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I haven't seen that one, that's good!