Evidence against divine inspiration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: Evidence against divine inspiration
(26-01-2017 03:22 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 03:21 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  [Image: frequency-of-miracles-time-graph-camera-...vented.jpg]

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I haven't seen that one, that's good!

Everyone already saw it I guess. Still good though, in that I must agree.

We're too hard on old man though, creating a Universe takes a lot of juice so no wonder that best he can do now is helping in finding car keys.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
26-01-2017, 03:27 PM
(26-01-2017 02:55 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  What I'm going to do is find out where you live and stick a knife in your throat if you come at me with disrespect
I love it when Christians do our work for us by demonstrating how they are so NOT transformed by the renewing of their minds, do NOT exhibit any supposed "fruits of the spirit" and do NOT have any credibility in claiming a superior morality. And that they often ARE controlling, authoritarian bundles of rage.

Of course at this point some other Christian will just say, well, that guy isn't Really One of Us because Christians don't act like that; they exhibit the love of god and are transformed with renewed minds and are paragons of virtue. Therefore this guy doesn't give the lie to Christianity because he was Never Really One of Us. Also deconverted former believers were Never Really One of Us. Believers can't not believe.

So it goes ...

I hope ask is happy that (1) he discredited his own argument in every way possible and (2) is now a pariah and a loser to all Christians who are less insane than he, which is most of them.
[+] 4 users Like mordant's post
26-01-2017, 03:30 PM
(26-01-2017 03:27 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 02:55 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  What I'm going to do is find out where you live and stick a knife in your throat if you come at me with disrespect
I love it when Christians do our work for us by demonstrating how they are so NOT transformed by the renewing of their minds, do NOT exhibit any supposed "fruits of the spirit" and do NOT have any credibility in claiming a superior morality. And that they often ARE controlling, authoritarian bundles of rage.

Of course at this point some other Christian will just say, well, that guy isn't Really One of Us because Christians don't act like that; they exhibit the love of god and are transformed with renewed minds and are paragons of virtue. Therefore this guy doesn't give the lie to Christianity because he was Never Really One of Us. Also deconverted former believers were Never Really One of Us. Believers can't not believe.

So it goes ...

I hope ask is happy that (1) he discredited his own argument in every way possible and (2) is now a pariah and a loser to all Christians who are less insane than he, which is most of them.

I doubt that the guy was a Christian at all. More likely a psychopath who just came here to fuck with us, and eventually got bored and showed his true colors.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
26-01-2017, 03:38 PM
(26-01-2017 03:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I doubt that the guy was a Christian at all. More likely a psychopath who just came here to fuck with us, and eventually got bored and showed his true colors.
It's possible, but as a former fundamentalist I rather doubt it. A random psychopath would not pick this particular subject and venue (if anything he's take the Satan role and torment some believers). He had a slightly better than superficial grasp of apologetic buzz words and slogans and lame arguments so he has been steeped in fundamentalist "thinking" I am pretty sure.

I think it's fair to say that he's a particularly virulent and dysfunctional product of fundamentalism, that he is mentally ill, and therefore, there is not much to restrain his authoritarian impulses from transparently being carried through to their logical conclusions. But for filters, this is how every fundamentalist Christian with any degree of devoutness would end up acting.

Also, unfortunately, I think with the sea changes in American public life that are currently going on, we are going to see more of this. Don't imagine that many Christians don't hate us, or that they won't feel more free to express it.
[+] 4 users Like mordant's post
26-01-2017, 03:57 PM
(26-01-2017 03:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 02:41 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I see you're elevating the dialog. Simple question - who wrote the gospels?

John, Paul, George, and Ringo? Wink

Lenny, Squiggy, Laverne and Shirley. Big Grin

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
26-01-2017, 04:02 PM

I think we've been arguing against Jehovah himself all this time.

Doc
[+] 9 users Like docskeptic's post
26-01-2017, 04:06 PM
(26-01-2017 04:02 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  

I think we've been arguing against Jehovah himself all this time.

Doc

Seems he mellowed a lot.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
26-01-2017, 04:23 PM
I'm amazed he didn't decide to just flood the earth, you know. He's really good with that whole genocide thing.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
26-01-2017, 04:57 PM
(26-01-2017 03:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I doubt that the guy was a Christian at all. More likely a psychopath who just came here to fuck with us, and eventually got bored and showed his true colors.

Just a troll who's been here before. There's a Jungian archetype for them. He'll be back.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-01-2017, 05:04 PM
(26-01-2017 04:02 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  I think we've been arguing against Jehovah himself all this time.

And lo! thou winneth today's Internet. Bowing

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post