Evidence against divine inspiration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2017, 09:25 AM
RE: Evidence against divine inspiration
(26-01-2017 09:23 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 09:18 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  quantum-vacum poofteenth

I love that.

I shall begin to introduce that into my daily lexicon effective immediately.

Yes. It sounds much better than "a metric shit-ton". Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
26-01-2017, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2017 10:18 AM by Bucky Ball.)
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without absence.
No wait.
Umm....
What can be dismissed as absence can be asserted with umm, .. Consider

I'll get back to ya.... Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-01-2017, 09:26 AM
I'm curious.
What happens when you reach your limit of 21,771 stupid questions ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
26-01-2017, 09:27 AM
(26-01-2017 09:07 AM)Ask21771 Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 08:58 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Remember this thread:

Is there anything in the bible that is falsifiable

It was shown that there are many parts of this book that are false.

False=not divinely inspired.

All that proves is the bible isn't the literal word of God it doesn't prove the bible isn't the inspired word of God
Do you understand the concept of truth? Because you sure don't appear to understand the concept of untruth or falsity. If a thing is false, it is irrelevant whether it is inspired or not. If it is inspired and false, then the inspirer is a bad actor. You might as well ask if the Bible is inspired by Satan.
26-01-2017, 09:29 AM
(26-01-2017 09:14 AM)Ask21771 Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 09:12 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Maybe this time you will get it - there is no evidence for existence of something called god.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
Now you have demonstrated that you are a complete fool. Rather than respond to the actual point, you have, for the second time in a row, robotically parroted an apologist mantra. You'll find this won't get you far here, as it amounts to trolling.
26-01-2017, 09:29 AM
At work.

(26-01-2017 09:23 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 09:18 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  quantum-vacum poofteenth

I love that.

I shall begin to introduce that into my daily lexicon effective immediately.

Blush Sorry, some Aussie vernacular slipped in there.......

I suppose in 'Proper English' it would more read 'Quantum-vacuum Puff-teenth of nothing'.

Smile
26-01-2017, 09:30 AM
(26-01-2017 09:05 AM)Ask21771 Wrote:  Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

That is a relatively simple xtian type of argument. As long as you believe that this phrase is logically correct, you aren't going to grow, intellectually. Repeating it just makes you look stupid. Drinking Beverage
26-01-2017, 09:31 AM
(26-01-2017 09:29 AM)mordant Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 09:14 AM)Ask21771 Wrote:  Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
Now you have demonstrated that you are a complete fool. Rather than respond to the actual point, you have, for the second time in a row, robotically parroted an apologist mantra. You'll find this won't get you far here, as it amounts to trolling.

Trolling is what trolls do, so you can't really blame him I guess.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
26-01-2017, 09:36 AM
(26-01-2017 09:30 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 09:05 AM)Ask21771 Wrote:  Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

That is a relatively simple xtian type of argument. As long as you believe that this phrase is logically correct, you aren't going to grow, intellectually. Repeating it just makes you look stupid. Drinking Beverage
I recently saw that "lying" (or the newspeak version, "alternate facts") is an inadequate word to describe what proceeds from Trump's mouth and his administration. Casting about for something that plumbs the depths of how depraved it is, he borrowed a term from the rap music world: fuckery.

I propose that we need to do something similar here, because "stupid" doesn't begin to capture it. Because it's aggressive, willful stupidity and slavish devotion to unreasoned preconception. This has reached full-on knuckle-dragging status. I'd say it qualifies as "fuckery".
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
26-01-2017, 10:14 AM
(26-01-2017 08:38 AM)Ask21771 Wrote:  Is there proof or at least evidence against the bible being the inspired word of god

Yes. In addition to there being no actual evidence for its existence, the god of the Bible is one stupid git whose "plans" keep going awry because of those pesky, pesky mortals. Even if it existed and had co-authored the Bible, it still wouldn't be worth worshipping or even taking seriously.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user