Evidence against divine inspiration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2017, 02:30 PM
RE: Evidence against divine inspiration
(26-01-2017 02:22 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  YOU HAVENT PROVED A GOD DAMN THING TO ME!!!!!

You just don't want to hear answers that does not sit well with you.

Maybe check TheInquisition post before you throw another tantrum?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
26-01-2017, 02:33 PM
(26-01-2017 02:28 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 02:22 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  YOU HAVENT PROVED A GOD DAMN THING TO ME!!!!!

Of course not. You were asking for proof of a negative. It's impossible to prove a negative. So you got exactly what you asked for.

BTW... seems your caps lock is stuck again. Spill some orange juice on it? Perhaps a new keyboard is in order. Here, try this: PC Keyboards

And then this: Universal Keyboard Cover

You're welcome.

GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!!
26-01-2017, 02:37 PM
(26-01-2017 02:33 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
26-01-2017, 02:41 PM
(26-01-2017 02:33 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 02:28 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Of course not. You were asking for proof of a negative. It's impossible to prove a negative. So you got exactly what you asked for.

BTW... seems your caps lock is stuck again. Spill some orange juice on it? Perhaps a new keyboard is in order. Here, try this: PC Keyboards

And then this: Universal Keyboard Cover

You're welcome.

GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

I see you're elevating the dialog. Simple question - who wrote the gospels?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
26-01-2017, 02:41 PM
(26-01-2017 02:29 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 02:16 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  Again I ask are there any MAJOR changes to the New Testament, no mistranslations, no spelling changes, no slight alterations that don't mean shit, actual fuckin changes that actually matter

Have you been paying attention? Just a few posts back, someone mentioned a rather large addition to the end of Mark's Gospel, and a whole story inserted into John's Gospel. You don't consider those major changes? How about the fact that a committee of ordinary humans voted on which books should be included in the New Testament? Are you aware that some of those books barely made it, and some others barely didn't? Are you aware that just a century or so later, the book of Revelation (Apocalypse in some Catholic Bibles) was almost excluded, and had to be rescued by the Pope breaking a tie in favor of keeping it? The contents of the New Testament are a lot more arbitrary than you realize.

Oh by the way: a good percentage of the Epistles of "Paul" were not written by Paul. This isn't some wacky theory -- almost all Biblical scholars, from a broad variety of religious backgrounds, agree on it. You really need to do some reading about the New Testament, and not just blindly accept the NT itself.
None of this rules out divine inspiration
26-01-2017, 02:45 PM
(26-01-2017 02:41 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  None of this rules out divine inspiration

You know what rules out divine inspiration? Tribal deity to which you cling being nothing more than fairy tale. It's just another construct of human imagination, just like Odin, Ahura Mazda, Ra or Svetovid. No evidence of it's existence no matter how you try to find it.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
26-01-2017, 02:49 PM
You want your throat slit? Because I can do that
26-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Our friend here has, in a private message, just threatened me with death.

Here's the message, in it's entirety, nothing added, edited or subtracted:

"I can find out where you live, so if you condescend to me again I will find out where you are and slit your god damned throat, consider that a promise"

Mods, please track this person's IP and inform the authorities.
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
26-01-2017, 02:51 PM
(26-01-2017 02:49 PM)Ask21771 Wrote:  You want your throat slit? Because I can do that

WWJD?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
26-01-2017, 02:53 PM
How this thread went in a nutshell:

"Can you prove me wrong on something in which I bear the burden of proof, but don't actually have any evidence for, therefore requesting you to prove a negative?"

Forum: "No, that's not how this works."

"BUT CAN YOU?"

Forum: "That's not how the burden of proof works."

"LACK OF EVIDENCE ISN'T NOT EVIDENCE AND STUFF."

Forum: "Yeahhhhh. There's a lot of logical fallacy in your reasoning. This conversation isn't going anywhere.

"I HOPE YOU DIE."

Forum: "yeah... your argument isn't any more convincing now."

"I WILL KILL YOU."

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 6 users Like Logisch's post