Evidence for the existence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2017, 04:08 AM
RE: Evidence for the existence of God
(12-01-2017 04:06 AM)xieulong Wrote:  Had a change in career, air traffic control. Training was incredibly challenging, had to focus on it and nothing else.

Very cool. Good luck in your new career. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
12-01-2017, 04:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 06:33 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-01-2017 03:45 AM)xieulong Wrote:  As for what evidence would convince me that your god exist? I have no idea, nor do I care. You should ask him or her or it... whatever. Surely the creator of the universe would be able to reveal that to you.

Indeed. I'm not sure what evidence that could be presented to me that wouldn't have me questioning my own perceptions first, but an all-knowing universe creating being who genuinely cared to make their presence both known and verifiable should be aware of what it would take to convince those who scale their belief to the evidence.

One has to wonder why theists don't hold their own deity to at least such standards.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-01-2017, 05:01 AM
(12-01-2017 02:33 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Who are you guys talking too? yada last made a post on page 7 and has 13 posts to his credit. Is that character still here?

They keep the freshmen at Biola busy with chapel and Bible Study.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-01-2017, 06:09 AM
(11-01-2017 04:48 PM)Yadayadayada Wrote:  It is obvious to me that our infinitely complex universe could not be created by anyone other than a highly intelligent being.

It was long held obvious that the earth was stationary at the center of the universe and the sun and moon and stars circled us. Intuitive understanding based on everyday experiences are generally very useful in everyday experiences but are notoriously unreliable when extrapolated into regions in which we have no experience.

When you say that the universe had a beginning (and you still haven't defined what you mean by universe) and claim that as self-evident you are saying something that sounds reasonable until you learn enough to know that you don't know enough to make that statement.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
12-01-2017, 06:16 AM
(12-01-2017 06:09 AM)unfogged Wrote:  You learn enough to know that you don't know enough.

Sorry. That kinda screamed at me and I liked it. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
12-01-2017, 06:24 AM
(11-01-2017 04:21 PM)Yadayadayada Wrote:  Sure. Simply put, the biblical God is a spirit person, the Creator of Heaven and of our physical Universe, and all life therein.

In scientific terms, he is the First Cause.

Here lies the root of your problem(s). "First cause" is a philosophical argument which you try to present as a scientific term. There is no such term in science called "first cause", not in any of the disciplines.

You bring forth philosophical arguments and present them as scientific evidence.

You dont even understand the difference between philosophy and science. How are you supposed to understand any topic within science at all?

Look, i am not a biologist, but at least i know what biology is. Nevertheless i am not going to tell biologists that their complete field of work is bollocks,i just dont have the education to be able to (justifiably) do so. It would make me look completely ignorant, just like you.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 6 users Like Deesse23's post
12-01-2017, 06:26 AM
(11-01-2017 04:48 PM)Yadayadayada Wrote:  It is obvious to me that our infinitely complex universe could not be created by anyone other than a highly intelligent being.

(11-01-2017 04:48 PM)Yadayadayada Wrote:  It is obvious to me that our infinitely complex universe could not be created by anyone other than a highly intelligent leprechaun.

(11-01-2017 04:48 PM)Yadayadayada Wrote:  It is obvious to me that our infinitely complex universe could not be created by anyone other than a celestial woman. Only women give birth to such complexity.

(11-01-2017 04:48 PM)Yadayadayada Wrote:  It is obvious to me that our infinitely complex universe could not be created by anyone other than a highly magical crystal.

(11-01-2017 04:48 PM)Yadayadayada Wrote:  It is obvious to me that I have no idea how complex nature & physics actually are.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 12 users Like Rahn127's post
12-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Quote:Yadadayadayada

Blah blah blah..................

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBbzFugD6QdnLZgrEyFMa...y4KDnthpK4]

Banjo.
12-01-2017, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 08:15 AM by Ace.)
(11-01-2017 07:06 PM)Yadayadayada Wrote:  By definition, the FIRST CAUSE does not have a cause.

Why should anything else need a cause ? Because anything else other than the First Cause has a beginning. Everything that has a beginning has a cause.

you didn't answer my question, if god doesn't need a cause to come into existence then why should the universe require a cause to come into existence and the first cause isn't a scientific term, a philosophical one maybe but its not accepted in any scientific field

also why just one god and not 27 gods ? what aspect of the universe would change if we made this an argument for polytheism instead of mono theism
the only reason you use only have god is because thats what your story book tells you

and what it was like before the bigbang is something that scientists call the singularity, its point where everything we know to be true are completely wrong and inapplicable without objection so it doesn't matter what you think you know because any claim about such things in science is at best considered a guess
you need to be educated in advanced level physics along with other subjects to even be able to hold a casual conversation about such things

Quote:"spirit and heaven have no evidence to support their existence"

That ties in well with my original question. What do you consider to be "evidence"?

continuing to ask the same question while ignoring the fact that answer was given several times before, achievement unlocked
failed to provide any evidence yet still asserting claims, achievement unlocked

Definition: the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
I'm sure this has been posted several times

Quote:"WHY?" whats the whole point of creating us and the universe ?"

In my theistic view, God gave us the gift of life because of his love for us. The "point" is for us to enjoy life in happiness.

he loved us before we even existed and thats why he made us so he can love us
he loved us so much that he killed millions in a global flood, he wiped out a city because one bad person entered it, he killed Egyptian kids, he had a guy get his own daughter raped to keep god's angel safe, the list goes on and on.. and this stuff is clearly stated in the bible

this planet is filled with disease, natural disasters, volcanic eruptions, floods, tsunami's, earthquakes, tornado's, etc that will kill us.
this planet is like a drop in an ocean, the universe is filled with cosmic radiation, black holes, asteroids, comets, the vacuum of space which will freeze and suffocate us to death and the fact that 99% of the everything in the universe is deadly to us
the very idea that god made this universe for us to live in is ludicrous at face value
since if god made this world for us then all he needed to make was the sun, this planet and the moon, nothing else is needed

Quote:Yes, the universe is a very big place - God intends for righteous humans to live forever.

those two statements have nothing to do with each other or anything in your post for that matter
living forever is an idiots dream, once your immortal you'll eventually get bored of living and want it all to end

Quote:The problem is, we were given this planet to live on but have made a terrible mess of it.
the only true statement you have made here

Quote:The planet is being ruined, violence and immoral behavior are rampant, society is more depraved than ever. We are living in what the Bible describes as "critical times".

so we're now changing the subject to morals are we

changing the subject, achievement unlocked

the bible also has talking snakes and donkeys, a guy being made from a pile of dirt and a woman being born from said guy's rib, magic apples, virgin births, god being undermined by iron chariots, and the planet is in a snow globe thats submerged underwater

how is human society now more depraved than before ? a few decades ago we had the holocaust, the Bangladesh genocide, 2 world wars, even further back in time we had slavery, racism
compared to back then society now is as moral as before with the exception of white supremacy groups, religious nuts who say "i will kill you if you don't believe and act in the way i say you should"and corporate greed but these have been around for centuries

natural disasters, fraud, murder, thievery, lying, betrayal, wars, nations turning on nations, friends and family turning on each other... this has been happening since humanity existed, its so common that its as mundane as brushing your teeth
this stuff happens so far apart from each other than to any individual it feels like a rare thing when its in fact common

morality is nothing more than a point of view, there is no such thing as an inherently good or bad thing, we only call things good or bad based on whether we like the end results or not.. this is how morality has always worked and it can't work any other way

Quote: I believe that God will soon step in and sort out these issues and restore the earth.
let me guess by causing another flood or killing kids and committing mass genocide again

Quote: Then, in the future, when the earth is restored and pseudoscientific theories such as Evolution have been wiped out, we can move forward and start working on the technology necessary to explore our vast universe.

using anti-evolution nonsense instead of presenting evidence, achievement unlocked
using gish gallop, achievement unlocked

you claim evolution is wrong yet you haven't provided any evidence to prove it or any of your claims so we're under no obligation to take you seriously
also evolutionary theory is the reason vaccines exist and wiping out the human race won't get rid of evolutionary theory

I bet you don't even know what the word theory even means in a scientific context

also the technology to explore our universe is being developed as we speak but the bottom line is the universe will be 99% uninhabitable for us since our species has evolved into exist in worlds that fit into a specific criteria and we can't terraform planets that easily since it alone will take centuries to do
[+] 6 users Like Ace's post
12-01-2017, 07:45 AM
11 pages and still no evidence. But hey, another theist used the "first cause" argument thinking we had never heard it before. So...there's that.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post