Evidence for the existence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2017, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 04:33 PM by Ace.)
RE: Evidence for the existence of God
(12-01-2017 04:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 03:45 AM)xieulong Wrote:  As for what evidence would convince me that your god exist? I have no idea, nor do I care. You should ask him or her or it... whatever. Surely the creator of the universe would be able to reveal that to you.

Indeed. I'm not sure what evidence that could be presented to me that wouldn't have me questioning my own perceptions first, but an all-knowing universe creating being who genuinely cared to make their presence both known and verifiable should be aware of what it would take to convince those who scale their belief to the evidence.

One has to wonder why theists don't hold their own deity to at least such standards.

the irony to all this is when all is said and done he is trying to prove the existence of the god of the bible, a god who is desperately obsessed with having is worship him
this should be as easy as proving that ice is frozen water where you simply have to put a block of ice somewhere and watch it melt
but god who wants to make us worship him instead of just showing up in front of us to prove he exist needs a dumb stupid argument that ultimately fail in order to prove his existence Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2017, 07:52 AM
(12-01-2017 07:45 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  11 pages and still no evidence. But hey, another theist used the "first cause" argument thinking we had never heard it before. So...there's that.

It isn't even "First Cause". All they say is "needs cause, therefore gawd".
All that means is "proximate cause" (nearest cause). They never demonstrate that the assumption that "first" is applicable. An omnipotent god could have created a race of universe creating robots.
And seeing the *piss poor* design we see for babies getting cancer, these robots are mighty inept.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-01-2017, 08:00 AM
(11-01-2017 11:32 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  The worst thing that could happen to theists is if they actually managed to prove their god's existence. Then it would be no more that another thing in reality that could be measured and identified. It would destroy theism.
Absolutely. This highlights the utter lack of utility in the term "supernatural". If your god is interventionist then you are playing with fire, because anything he does to interact with the natural world requires him to be part of it and therefore no longer supernatural. If these interactions weren't imaginary, and were real, and were observable in everyone's shared reality, then god would be part of the natural order. On the other hand if god is not observable, then NO valid claims about his attributes, character, intentions or claims on humanity can possibly be made or substantiated.

This is exactly why theists are left with making unsubstantiated assertions about their deity. At best, he exists outside the natural order and they are left to speculating about him. Infinitely more likely, he exists only in their imaginations and they make him up. But if he ever became a falsifiable hypothesis then he would no longer be a deity, just a very powerful being and likely someone whose attention you would do well not to attract.
[+] 4 users Like mordant's post
12-01-2017, 08:19 AM
(11-01-2017 07:06 PM)Yadayadayada Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 04:47 PM)Ace Wrote:  if god is the first cause then what caused the first cause ?
if your answer is god doesn't need a cause to come into existence out of nothing then why should anything else need a cause ?

spirit and heaven have no evidence to support their existence

but lets ignore all that and assume god exists and created everything...... this is all fine and dandy except for the big annoying inconvenient question of "WHY?"
whats the whole point of creating us and the universe ?

humans occupy a tiny spec of dirt in an remote unnoticeable corner in this inhospitable vast universe so its obviously not created with us in mind
also why create humans ? what purpose do we serve in all this ?

By definition, the FIRST CAUSE does not have a cause.

Why should anything else need a cause ? Because anything else other than the First Cause has a beginning. Everything that has a beginning has a cause.

"spirit and heaven have no evidence to support their existence"

That ties in well with my original question. What do you consider to be "evidence"?

"WHY?" whats the whole point of creating us and the universe ?"

In my theistic view, God gave us the gift of life because of his love for us. The "point" is for us to enjoy life in happiness.

Yes, the universe is a very big place - God intends for righteous humans to live forever.

The problem is, we were given this planet to live on but have made a terrible mess of it. The planet is being ruined, violence and immoral behavior are rampant, society is more depraved than ever. We are living in what the Bible describes as "critical times". I believe that God will soon step in and sort out these issues and restore the earth. Then, in the future, when the earth is restored and pseudoscientific theories such as Evolution have been wiped out, we can move forward and start working on the technology necessary to explore our vast universe.

I think you must be one of THE most deluded individuals I have ever come across on TTAFrusty
12-01-2017, 08:53 AM
Deluded or trolling? It's so hard to tell..........

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
12-01-2017, 08:57 AM
(12-01-2017 08:53 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Deluded or trolling? It's so hard to tell..........

I dunno Charlie like you say hard to tell but I think the chump might actually really believe what he's saying.
12-01-2017, 09:05 AM
(12-01-2017 07:45 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  11 pages and still no evidence. But hey, another theist used the "first cause" argument thinking we had never heard it before. So...there's that.

yabut, it's obvious, right? What more do you need? Checkmate, atheists.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
12-01-2017, 09:06 AM
(12-01-2017 09:05 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

yabut, it's obvious, right? What more do you need? Checkmate, atheists.
Drinking Beverage

Not only am I now obviously convinced of god, but this guy should go collect his Nobel Prizes.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
12-01-2017, 09:26 AM

[Image: wpid-10154103_10151947332996400_1444994508_n.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
12-01-2017, 10:26 AM
In the end for Yabadabadoo it all boils down to “I want to believe so there”. This stems from the facts of “I haven’t thought it through” & “I haven’t taken advanced classes on any of the subjects I allude to understand but I really don’t”.

Ignorance is bliss and based on the Durning-Krueger effect you think you know much more than you actually do but don’t know this.

We’ve seen this all before. Drinking Beverage

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post