Evidence for the great flood in the bible?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Evidence for the great flood in the bible?
So this was sent to me today on fb from a theist.

sediment layers deposited quickly over a rapid period of time covering things very fast and forming many different layers as each type of sediment settled differently, and that's exactly what we find, some creatures are buried so fast they are still eating or birthing or fighting each other

I honestly don't know where he is getting this info from but I thought it was worth a post...maybe.

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2013, 10:44 PM
RE: Evidence for the great flood in the bible?
(20-05-2013 09:49 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  I honestly don't know where he is getting this info from...

Out of his ass most likely.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
21-05-2013, 01:14 AM

And with his british humor, it's all the more enjoyable. Big Grin

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
21-05-2013, 08:16 AM
(20-05-2013 10:44 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(20-05-2013 09:49 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  I honestly don't know where he is getting this info from...

Out of his ass most likely.

Lolololol I was thinking the same thing! Anyway I called him out on it and we will see what he says.

21-05-2013, 08:37 AM
(21-05-2013 01:14 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  

And with his british humor, it's all the more enjoyable. Big Grin

Good stuff.

22-05-2013, 09:01 AM
i always make them give me sources. I had about a week long discussion with a christian over the flood because I feel that is the easiest to show how absurd it is. The christian gave me 12 references that he wanted me to investigate. It was annoying because I kept asking why they could not just sum it up for me so I can disprove it. I finally told them that I see no point to continue to read christian literature if they were not going to read my scientific literature.

So we took some articles and went into discussing plausibility. The articles he chose to lead with where about a "city" under water in cuba, india, japan and some pyramid looking object covered in dirt similar to the first question posted.

The cuba one no one has investigated extensively and I pointed out that the scientists even said in the article that they would like to investigate this closely with a manned vessel. He kept saying that even though the scientists said they wanted to investigate more that their statement came before they went back with unmanned vessel but he could not prove it.

I told him I would concede with him just to move on to the actual bible because that is what I feel is the ridiculous story. Then he said that we are not going to discuss the bible because I did not believe it to be true. I laughed and said this is the most ridiculous conversation because the whole point is to disprove the bible and if you cherry pick the stories you want to believe then there is no point saying the bible is fact. He then transitioned the conversation into the fact he can show me a miracle today and that I should believe based on him showing me a miracle.

I ended up explaining that a miracle still does not prove it came from god and could have come from some other source. He ended up saying he can no longer talk to me. The good news that came out of this was that I got to strengthen my skills debating, and that he no longer is bothering me on facebook about anything I post that sponsors atheism. He just only comments on my family and pictures and always leaves religion out of it.
[+] 2 users Like tantastic1919's post
22-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Tell your FB friend that there is really no evidence of anything in the Bible.

Then fill us in on the other 'evidence'.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-05-2013, 09:56 AM
He has yet to reply to me calling him out...typical.

22-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Anytime someone tells me something about the great flood or evolution and I refute it...

They always without question send me to "answers in genesis"

Weeping

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon