Evidence for the non-existence of the christian god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 05:17 PM
RE: Evidence for the non-existence of the christian god
(01-09-2014 05:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 04:37 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You mean that Kevin Smith look a like dude, Josh Feurstein or something like that?

Beat you he does not even have it. Kent Hovind did the same thing, but move the goal post every time he saw something he did not like. Even if he had it, he would never give it up anyway.

I was thinking the same thing, he'd probably dismiss any evidence he was shown anyways.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 05:21 PM
(01-09-2014 05:01 PM)OurFather Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 09:29 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I'll start with the universe as my first piece of evidence for the non-existence of the christian god.
This God is described by some as all powerful. I take that to mean that it is infinite in scope for every force that can exist. If we take a look at just one force, the force of gravity, we can obviously see that an infinitely large black hole (just gravity) would prevent a universe like ours from existing. Since our universe exists, an all powerful infinite force cannot exist.

A mind is a product of a biological process. Since a universe is required to produce a mind, an infinitely powerful force that prevents a universe from existing cannot contain a mind.

My last piece of evidence is my own brain. My brain is able at times to use critical thinking, logic and reason. Because of these mental faculties I am able to discern fact from fantasy. There are no facts related to the existence of any gods, let alone the christian god. My brain is able to reason that the stories created by other humans are fantasies.

A god of limited, finite power may exist within the universe as a product of the universe, the infinite christian god is incompatible with the existence of our own universe.

First fail - gravity is not infinite since it is in the confines of this dimension. Gravity obeys the laws of physics, these laws have a finite limit, this means that an advanced civilization will know everything and anything about this universe given enough time. Therefore intelligent design of a supreme civilization that created this universe is possible

Nope. Two unsupported assumptions in there.

"these laws have a finite limit" Not necessarily. As Feynmann said, maybe reality is like an infinite onion, we will just keep finding deeper and deeper layers.

"an advanced civilization will know everything and anything about this universe given enough time." Not necessarily. Reality may be such that our minds can't comprehend it beyond a certain point.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-09-2014, 08:30 PM
(01-09-2014 05:01 PM)OurFather Wrote:  First fail - gravity is not infinite since it is in the confines of this dimension. Gravity obeys the laws of physics, these laws have a finite limit, this means that an advanced civilization will know everything and anything about this universe given enough time. Therefore intelligent design of a supreme civilization that created this universe is possible

Sure it's possible.
I could have gone back in time and farted out the universe too.

The question is: where is the evidence?
Find all posts by this user