Evidence for the resurrection of Jesus...ENJOY!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: Evidence for the resurrection of Jesus...ENJOY!
(18-10-2012 11:52 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Haha, "Wie geht's?" is still alive and in use, but only if you are as old as a stone like me. I had my last english-lesson 30 years ago.
Our kid's uses english and denglish words and greeting-formes more then ever.
It's cooler to say "chill your live to the base" or "WTF and so on.
My daugther and her friends sometimes sitting around our kitchentable and talking, i didn't understand a word.

You shall not curse, thats not nice.

LOL @ "Denglish"! I like it! "Was geht, dude?"

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
18-10-2012, 12:33 PM
(18-10-2012 12:11 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 11:52 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Haha, "Wie geht's?" is still alive and in use, but only if you are as old as a stone like me. I had my last english-lesson 30 years ago.
Our kid's uses english and denglish words and greeting-formes more then ever.
It's cooler to say "chill your live to the base" or "WTF and so on.
My daugther and her friends sometimes sitting around our kitchentable and talking, i didn't understand a word.

You shall not curse, thats not nice.

LOL @ "Denglish"! I like it! "Was geht, dude?"

Ich bin ein Berliner!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
18-10-2012, 12:50 PM
So many people who able to write in german.
Maybe i should open a german section on TTA.
Aseptic Skeptic, do you know, there is a double meaning to the Kennedy statement " Ich bin ein Berliner."
This is a [Image: berliner.jpg]

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 3 users Like Marco Krieger's post
18-10-2012, 12:52 PM
What's up with the derailing, guys? I'd suggest you to take it to either of these sections. [1/2]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-10-2012, 12:56 PM
(18-10-2012 12:50 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Aseptic Skeptic, do you know, there is a double meaning to the Kennedy statement " Ich bin ein Berliner."

Lol, yes, I knew that. I was sort of quoting it in response to your remarks about misusing, or changing usage, of the language. It's a pretty famous misuse.

Thanks for the pic, now I'm hungry.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
18-10-2012, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 01:22 PM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
(18-10-2012 12:52 PM)Vosur Wrote:  What's up with the derailing, guys? I'd suggest you to take it to either of these sections. [1/2]

Who's derailed? I think I Jesus in that berliner pic. If that's not evidence of a sugary doughy yummy resurrection, I dunno what is.

Now all I need is a little bit of sacramental wine and I'm ready to transubstantiate, baby!

Besides, given the idiotic (see, play on words with the OP's name) initial premise of the thread, followed by the nonsensical conclusions by the same poster who clearly refuses to listen, consider, engage, or accept anything said in response to his posts, well, I think this thread could use a little yummy derailment.

But you're right, I'll let it get back on track now. While I go find some donuts.

18-10-2012, 01:00 PM
(18-10-2012 12:50 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  So many people who able to write in german.
Maybe i should open a german section on TTA.
Aseptic Skeptic, do you know, there is a double meaning to the Kennedy statement " Ich bin ein Berliner."

Marco: You just made me channel Homer Simpson. I saw the picture and thought "mmm donuts":drool:

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
18-10-2012, 01:01 PM
(18-10-2012 12:52 PM)Vosur Wrote:  What's up with the derailing, guys? I'd suggest you to take it to either of these sections. [1/2]

No... I don't mind it. Actually, I like these off road discussions in such a theological heavy thread - keeps me interested. I would not have followed it to the end had some of the side amusements not been interjected.

Comic relief is always a necessity. Just ask Shakespeare. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
18-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Glad to hear.
Be my guest.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
18-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Evidence for the resurrection of Jesus...ENJOY!
(18-10-2012 01:01 PM)kim Wrote:  

No... I don't mind it. Actually, I like these off road discussions in such a theological heavy thread - keeps me interested. I would not have followed it to the end had some of the side amusements not been interjected.

Comic relief is always a necessity. Just ask Shakespeare. Wink

Thanks! I feel the same way. I wouldn't be nearly as interested in these forums if not for humor.

Also, in the above pic the donut appears to have had its side pierced with a spear exposing its delicious jelly-filled center. How is that OT?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 3 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post