Evidence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2014, 09:24 AM
RE: Evidence of God
(06-12-2014 02:26 PM)aPriest Wrote:  I am aPriest and I come in the name of the Lord. Much in the manner the Lord sent Jonah to Nineveh SI have provided so much in this post to fill years of diligent research for any so called atheist and any disciple who rejects the Temple. Do you understand any of this?

In my line of work, I have seen a lot of manic ramblings. Let me guess bipolar?

But your writings and ideas are quite coherent, internally consistent. You seemed to have tied it all together well for someone in your condition, so I commend you for that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Very well, the proof.
The problem is language, vocabulary, religion and religion’s perceived monopoly over God and I keep saying you should separate God from religion. The reason for this is that Holy Scripture is a different matter and it belongs to God. Some people will not accept that Holy Scripture is a “spiritual” thing regardless of who the apparent author is. Holy Scripture is inspired by God, but the pen itself is man. So we get skepticism because of a demand for authenticity and a need to examine some sort of ancient scroll. Well, it no longer works like that. Holy Scripture is currently in digital form right here on the internet. The argument is further confused by the need to criticize my grammar. In response I say two things: I’m not an author and have you read any scripture? Nothing out there is written with the rules of grammar in mind, especially after so many translations. The Word of God has been corrupted over the years. If religion was important Christianity would not be so fragmented. Who cares if a person is Roman Catholic or Baptist? Both believe in the same God. So I’m asking you to leave religion and religious people out of this. They don’t matter because both will go to heaven with or without your criticism. Religious people are doing fine without you and most will not bother trying to convince you of anything. Jesus Himself had contempt for the priesthood and walked away from the Temple. Bottom line: religion is irrelevant to the proof of God’s existence. The proof of the existence of God is found in Holy Scripture which will lead you back to the material world and then you may see it with your own eyes without any interference from anyone else. The thing is you as an atheist must do the investigating in the privacy of your own mind. I can’t help with that. All I can do is deliver the message which I have already done and given you a list of Holy Scripture to investigate and I will say one last thing: You are a Divine and Immortal Soul incarnated in your physical body and looking into your eyes in the mirror may eventually reveal that to you and you alone. If you choose to deny this is fine, no one is being harmed. As for me I’m done. I delivered the message and planted the seed and hopefully some people under the age of 50 will take the time to become a “Thinking” atheist, but if not no harm no foul. I will look into this from time to time, but will respond only to questions. As they say in the USA “It don’t make no never mind to me” Good bye.
07-12-2014, 09:29 AM
(06-12-2014 11:49 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  When I go about smashing up rocks, which I do a lot, am I making rock corpses? Unhousing rock souls? Or am I creating new habitat for lithosouls without homes? Or am I perhaps subdividing these lithosouls in the same way that I separate their physical bodies? What about when I crush, pulverise and dissolve a rock with HF-Nitric? How much of the lithosoul am I sending down the flight tube of the mass spec?

You're creating new rock babies, as determined by the creator's master plan.

The Excalbians in Star Trek would be smiling at you.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
07-12-2014, 09:32 AM
(07-12-2014 09:29 AM)aPriest Wrote:  Very well, the proof.
The problem is language, vocabulary, religion and religion’s perceived monopoly over God and I keep saying you should separate God from religion. The reason for this is that Holy Scripture is a different matter and it belongs to God. Some people will not accept that Holy Scripture is a “spiritual” thing regardless of who the apparent author is. Holy Scripture is inspired by God, but the pen itself is man. So we get skepticism because of a demand for authenticity and a need to examine some sort of ancient scroll. Well, it no longer works like that. Holy Scripture is currently in digital form right here on the internet. The argument is further confused by the need to criticize my grammar. In response I say two things: I’m not an author and have you read any scripture? Nothing out there is written with the rules of grammar in mind, especially after so many translations. The Word of God has been corrupted over the years. If religion was important Christianity would not be so fragmented. Who cares if a person is Roman Catholic or Baptist? Both believe in the same God. So I’m asking you to leave religion and religious people out of this. They don’t matter because both will go to heaven with or without your criticism. Religious people are doing fine without you and most will not bother trying to convince you of anything. Jesus Himself had contempt for the priesthood and walked away from the Temple. Bottom line: religion is irrelevant to the proof of God’s existence. The proof of the existence of God is found in Holy Scripture which will lead you back to the material world and then you may see it with your own eyes without any interference from anyone else. The thing is you as an atheist must do the investigating in the privacy of your own mind. I can’t help with that. All I can do is deliver the message which I have already done and given you a list of Holy Scripture to investigate and I will say one last thing: You are a Divine and Immortal Soul incarnated in your physical body and looking into your eyes in the mirror may eventually reveal that to you and you alone. If you choose to deny this is fine, no one is being harmed. As for me I’m done. I delivered the message and planted the seed and hopefully some people under the age of 50 will take the time to become a “Thinking” atheist, but if not no harm no foul. I will look into this from time to time, but will respond only to questions. As they say in the USA “It don’t make no never mind to me” Good bye.

Dude, do you know how to separate your paragraphs?
07-12-2014, 09:34 AM

Still waiting for the proof. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2014, 09:36 AM
The problem is language.

Yeah, you see when you spout nonsensical things people don't believe it, but if you simply convince your god to move this little cardboard disk under a controlled experiment, that would be better than a billion words.

[Image: Deitytester20_zps000c1cdc.jpg]

Ignoring my post means you know you're full of it. As soon as you give me your excuse why your god can't move a tiny little cardboard disk, I can explain a few things to you.

I can break it down as to why your belief is a losing proposition.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-12-2014, 09:43 AM
(07-12-2014 09:29 AM)aPriest Wrote:  Nothing out there is written with the rules of grammar in mind, especially after so many translations.

The rules of spelling, punctuation (including paragraphs), and grammar were made to clarify communication.

You should try it sometime.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
07-12-2014, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 10:04 AM by Bucky Ball.)

Scholars know pretty much when and where every line in the Bible came from, when it was written, and why. Not one thing in it is "inspired". It's all human invention, (as all the prominent scholars of the Bible said in the many volume book, "The Interpreters Bible". The concept of "inspiration didn't even exist until well into the Christian period. When Timothy (or whoever) wrote (2 Timothy 3:16) "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking" there was no canon of scripture yet, so he could not have been talking about the Bible.

Take a class sometime, and then come back when you actually know something about what you pretend to talk about.

You have nothing to offer. Don't bother coming back. You have no proof of anything. (If you had "proof" of something, then faith would be unnecessary, now wouldn't it, Mr. Priest.

Priests have always been the parasites on societies. Do you and your friends molest little boys ?)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-12-2014, 10:17 AM
(07-12-2014 09:36 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
The problem is language.

Yeah, you see when you spout nonsensical things people don't believe it, but if you simply convince your god to move this little cardboard disk under a controlled experiment, that would be better than a billion words.

[Image: Deitytester20_zps000c1cdc.jpg]

Ignoring my post means you know you're full of it. As soon as you give me your excuse why your god can't move a tiny little cardboard disk, I can explain a few things to you.

I can break it down as to why your belief is a losing proposition.

I guess I'll respond to myself because it's a foregone conclusion of the reply.

Your god won't turn a little cardboard disk (a childishly trivial task) because:

1. It can't
2. It won't

You will assert it won't I will assert it can't simply because it doesn't exist. (Okham's Razor already favors my assertion)

Since your god can't or won't, what would be some reasonable explanations as to why, I will list them in descending probability:

1. Your deity doesn't exist
2. Some deity exists, but you have the wrong one
3. Your deity exists, but you don't have a very good understanding of the parameters in which it operates.
4. Your deity exists, and your understanding of it is correct.

I am going to give you a VERY generous benefit of a doubt here and give you an EQUAL weighting to all of these propositions, you have a 1-in-4 chance of being correct, the odds are already stacked against you. You are down to a 25% chance of being correct right out of the gate.

We CAN evaluate many propositions that a "holy" text asserts if they are falsifiable, such as the Genesis myth, Noahtic flood myth, Tower of Babel myth, etc.

Science can't really disprove your god that you assert, but it can reduce the likelihood of it being real to an ever-receding pocket of ignorance that flees from the light of TRUE scientific understanding of the universe.

07-12-2014, 10:21 AM
(07-12-2014 09:29 AM)aPriest Wrote:  So I’m asking you to leave religion and religious people out of this.

Look, I just want to talk about music, but leave composers and musicians out of this. WTF?

(07-12-2014 09:29 AM)‘aPriest Wrote:  “It don’t make no never mind to me” Good bye.

It must since you showed up here and were all giddy that you could post to your heart’s content.

You didn’t bring anything new to the table except some incredibly difficult posts to read that in the end “made no never mind”.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce