Evidence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2014, 11:38 AM
RE: Evidence of God
(07-12-2014 09:29 AM)aPriest Wrote:  Very well, the proof.
The problem is language, vocabulary, religion and religion’s perceived monopoly over God and I keep saying you should separate God from religion. The reason for this is that Holy Scripture is a different matter and it belongs to God. Some people will not accept that Holy Scripture is a “spiritual” thing regardless of who the apparent author is. Holy Scripture is inspired by God, but the pen itself is man. So we get skepticism because of a demand for authenticity and a need to examine some sort of ancient scroll. Well, it no longer works like that. Holy Scripture is currently in digital form right here on the internet. The argument is further confused by the need to criticize my grammar. In response I say two things: I’m not an author and have you read any scripture? Nothing out there is written with the rules of grammar in mind, especially after so many translations. The Word of God has been corrupted over the years. If religion was important Christianity would not be so fragmented. Who cares if a person is Roman Catholic or Baptist? Both believe in the same God. So I’m asking you to leave religion and religious people out of this. They don’t matter because both will go to heaven with or without your criticism. Religious people are doing fine without you and most will not bother trying to convince you of anything. Jesus Himself had contempt for the priesthood and walked away from the Temple. Bottom line: religion is irrelevant to the proof of God’s existence. The proof of the existence of God is found in Holy Scripture which will lead you back to the material world and then you may see it with your own eyes without any interference from anyone else. The thing is you as an atheist must do the investigating in the privacy of your own mind. I can’t help with that. All I can do is deliver the message which I have already done and given you a list of Holy Scripture to investigate and I will say one last thing: You are a Divine and Immortal Soul incarnated in your physical body and looking into your eyes in the mirror may eventually reveal that to you and you alone. If you choose to deny this is fine, no one is being harmed. As for me I’m done. I delivered the message and planted the seed and hopefully some people under the age of 50 will take the time to become a “Thinking” atheist, but if not no harm no foul. I will look into this from time to time, but will respond only to questions. As they say in the USA “It don’t make no never mind to me” Good bye.
[Image: chicken_head_cutoff_zps97cc7c83.gif]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2014, 11:45 AM
People under 50 have not had time to mature a reasonably informed opinion, yet.
I did not come to prove it for you. I came to tell you where the proof is to be found. The tangible proof is the living soul incarnated in you.
Like Jonah had to walk out of Nineveh, I must do the same.
Now it is between you and God. I'll be watching what happens.
07-12-2014, 11:50 AM
(07-12-2014 11:45 AM)aPriest Wrote:  People under 50 have not had time to mature a reasonably informed opinion, yet.
I did not come to prove it for you. I came to tell you where the proof is to be found. The tangible proof is the living soul incarnated in you.

Provide evidence that the soul exists. Without that, you've got nothing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Oh goody - spying for jebus.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
07-12-2014, 12:08 PM
(07-12-2014 11:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  Provide evidence that the soul exists. Without that, you've got nothing.

As much as we'd all enjoy a debate with a theist who wasn't just a gibbering spammer I think it's pretty obvious by now that this one's got nothing. Sorry to dash your hopes.

Would somebody like to point him at some links showing him how completely his precious scripture has been invented by the very religions that he derides? Never mind, somebody already did.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
07-12-2014, 12:11 PM
(07-12-2014 11:45 AM)aPriest Wrote:  People under 50 have not had time to mature a reasonably informed opinion, yet.

Ah, so you saw the light in your 50s and you want people to study what you studied so they can see the light in their 50s too? And those over 50, they are too old the see it?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-12-2014, 12:17 PM
(07-12-2014 11:45 AM)aPriest Wrote:  Now it is between you and God. I'll be watching what happens.

So you're honestly expecting some people to find faith in your god because of what you said on this thread?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
07-12-2014, 12:21 PM

A) I think I am more mature than you at this moment and I am only 17

B)You expect proof for your god to be found in a soul that you have no evidence for? That is really stupid mate.

C)So you expect me to talk to your god without proof that he exist? How does that work?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-12-2014, 12:22 PM
(07-12-2014 12:17 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 11:45 AM)aPriest Wrote:  Now it is between you and God. I'll be watching what happens.

So you're honestly expecting some people to find faith in your god because of what you said on this thread?

They'll find plenty of reasons to NOT believe this fairy tale, and that's what it's all about, spreading the good news!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Re: RE: Evidence of God

1. You do not know what I have been through, what I have survived, and what I have had to do. Do not give me some arbitrary age for a rite of passage merely because it's an age you have surpassed. Don't use this. It's a willful lie and probably ignorance.

2. Yes, you gave come here to "prove" it. You dangle some preconceived notion in front of us as if you are the first to ever try to convert atheists. You are no different than the multitude of others. In fact, you have provided less than some.

3. You are walking away because you know you have nothing. You are trying to have this wise old hermit image that we're not buying. Watching us will do nothing but feed into your superior attitude that you have this wondrous knowledge.

4. I was right. All you did was give us anecdotes.

5. How can say the Scripture is flawed due to human hands, yet say there is proof there? That's like me telling you to write a report on Germany by giving you an encyclopedia from 1985. It's incomplete and flawed.

6. You presupposed that the answer must be God / Adonai / YHWH / Ain Sof. You neglected all other holy books even the ones that predate yours. I know you know of Ain Sof because you mentioned the sephiroth. As I said, I was a Kabbalist so I know this. I even taught a Jewish friend about it.

7. Jesus left the priests because they were adding to the teachings instead of staying true to basic rules. I don't believe in the Jesus stories, but even I know this as a former scholar.

I'm not angry, but you somehow think you've brought something new here. Do you think no atheists have ever truly studied religions, Abrahamic and otherwise?

Like many, I did study, learn, talk, and meditate. We're not new to this. What you did, in essence, was bring your tricycle to a drag race.
[+] 5 users Like Clockwork's post