Evidence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2014, 06:19 PM
RE: Evidence of God
(07-12-2014 08:45 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Guys: Don't scare this one away for a little while.
[Image: tumblr_lua2fsI6MV1qcsbjm.jpg]

I've asked logistical questions about the soul like, four times and nobody has ever actually gotten around to answering them. This is a chance I'd rather not miss.

(06-12-2014 10:27 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Yes! Everything has a soul and spirit even a stone. It is the one who makes its own body in the womb. When the body no longer serves a purpose the soul departs much the way it was born.

Come on mate: What is a soul? How the fuck is this shit suposed to work?

Define your terms and explain in some detail and I'll actually have something to ask about. Saying "everything has a soul" only works as an initial statement and you're gonna need a lot more.

(07-12-2014 09:29 AM)aPriest Wrote:  Very well, the proof.
The problem is language, vocabulary, religion and religion’s perceived monopoly over God and I keep saying you should separate God from religion. The reason for this is that Holy Scripture is a different matter and it belongs to God. Some people will not accept that Holy Scripture is a “spiritual” thing regardless of who the apparent author is. Holy Scripture is inspired by God, but the pen itself is man. So we get skepticism because of a demand for authenticity and a need to examine some sort of ancient scroll. Well, it no longer works like that. Holy Scripture is currently in digital form right here on the internet. The argument is further confused by the need to criticize my grammar. In response I say two things: I’m not an author and have you read any scripture? Nothing out there is written with the rules of grammar in mind, especially after so many translations. The Word of God has been corrupted over the years. If religion was important Christianity would not be so fragmented. Who cares if a person is Roman Catholic or Baptist? Both believe in the same God. So I’m asking you to leave religion and religious people out of this. They don’t matter because both will go to heaven with or without your criticism. Religious people are doing fine without you and most will not bother trying to convince you of anything. Jesus Himself had contempt for the priesthood and walked away from the Temple. Bottom line: religion is irrelevant to the proof of God’s existence. The proof of the existence of God is found in Holy Scripture which will lead you back to the material world and then you may see it with your own eyes without any interference from anyone else. The thing is you as an atheist must do the investigating in the privacy of your own mind. I can’t help with that. All I can do is deliver the message which I have already done and given you a list of Holy Scripture to investigate and I will say one last thing: You are a Divine and Immortal Soul incarnated in your physical body and looking into your eyes in the mirror may eventually reveal that to you and you alone. If you choose to deny this is fine, no one is being harmed. As for me I’m done. I delivered the message and planted the seed and hopefully some people under the age of 50 will take the time to become a “Thinking” atheist, but if not no harm no foul. I will look into this from time to time, but will respond only to questions. As they say in the USA “It don’t make no never mind to me” Good bye.

I am so sorry. I didn't mean it. I... I didn't think it would

[Image: 6a00d8341bffd953ef014e60e9db4b970c-800wi]

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2014, 06:22 PM
(07-12-2014 06:19 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 08:45 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Guys: Don't scare this one away for a little while.
[Image: tumblr_lua2fsI6MV1qcsbjm.jpg]

I've asked logistical questions about the soul like, four times and nobody has ever actually gotten around to answering them. This is a chance I'd rather not miss.

Come on mate: What is a soul? How the fuck is this shit suposed to work?

Define your terms and explain in some detail and I'll actually have something to ask about. Saying "everything has a soul" only works as an initial statement and you're gonna need a lot more.

The problem is language, vocabulary, religion and religion’s perceived monopoly over God and I keep saying you should separate God from religion. The reason for this is that Holy Scripture is a different matter and it belongs to God. Some people will not accept that Holy Scripture is a “spiritual” thing regardless of who the apparent author is. Holy Scripture is inspired by God, but the pen itself is man. So we get skepticism because of a demand for authenticity and a need to examine some sort of ancient scroll. Well, it no longer works like that. Holy Scripture is currently in digital form right here on the internet. The argument is further confused by the need to criticize my grammar. In response I say two things: I’m not an author and have you read any scripture? Nothing out there is written with the rules of grammar in mind, especially after so many translations. The Word of God has been corrupted over the years. If religion was important Christianity would not be so fragmented. Who cares if a person is Roman Catholic or Baptist? Both believe in the same God. So I’m asking you to leave religion and religious people out of this. They don’t matter because both will go to heaven with or without your criticism. Religious people are doing fine without you and most will not bother trying to convince you of anything. Jesus Himself had contempt for the priesthood and walked away from the Temple. Bottom line: religion is irrelevant to the proof of God’s existence. The proof of the existence of God is found in Holy Scripture which will lead you back to the material world and then you may see it with your own eyes without any interference from anyone else. The thing is you as an atheist must do the investigating in the privacy of your own mind. I can’t help with that. All I can do is deliver the message which I have already done and given you a list of Holy Scripture to investigate and I will say one last thing: You are a Divine and Immortal Soul incarnated in your physical body and looking into your eyes in the mirror may eventually reveal that to you and you alone. If you choose to deny this is fine, no one is being harmed. As for me I’m done. I delivered the message and planted the seed and hopefully some people under the age of 50 will take the time to become a “Thinking” atheist, but if not no harm no foul. I will look into this from time to time, but will respond only to questions. As they say in the USA “It don’t make no never mind to me” Good bye.

I am so sorry. I didn't mean it. I... I didn't think it would

[Image: 6a00d8341bffd953ef014e60e9db4b970c-800wi]

Apparently you have Super Powers.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
07-12-2014, 06:32 PM
So...

For the sake of lazy people, like myself:
Has there been any evidence of god yet?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-12-2014, 06:46 PM
(07-12-2014 06:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So...

You get three guesses. And the first two don't count.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
07-12-2014, 07:12 PM
(07-12-2014 06:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So...

No. No there has not. The whole point of the thread was to say, "Hey, read the Bible and other books, looking for these particular phrases and metaphors and interpretations," and that was supposed to be evidence. .... also, about twenty tablespoons of wacky.
07-12-2014, 07:21 PM
(07-12-2014 02:47 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  

What the hell sort of proof is this? That you know jack shit of what you're talking about? How's this proof you're a priest or that you know god exists but not part of a church? While in the woods for 40 years, were you carrying several scriptures and a bear came up, smacked them out your arms, and handed you a cross before waddling away? Why not the gods of Hinduism or what have you? Well?

Also calling bullshit on you answering questions. We've asked you questions and you've yet to answer them. Maybe one or two indirect responses out of what, many? Guess that tends to happen when you know the other person could be right but don't wanna own up andsay it. Or trolling. Either way.

Ain't no seeds planeted. This place here's like a desert; whatever seeds some dim wit drops on the ground withers up and dies beneath an onslaught of sunshine. This here thread'll dry up and we'll forget about you, probably. Theists tend to blur together. Plus its hard to be inspired by someone that blurts out things, ignores most everyone, and leaves.

Anyways, I'm hardly ever this plucky. Was fun in an annoying way. Later, hippie!

[Image: tumblr_m94peuju1R1ryljh8o1_500.gif]

God I hate dead ringer spies.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-12-2014, 07:22 PM
(07-12-2014 05:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 04:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well that was fun. Drinking Beverage

Next?

Yup. Hey, just noticed you are a few away from 5000 posts! Don’t you have anything better to do? Cool

I past 5,000, and unlike heathen I ain't cool, that is something I must considerWeeping

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-12-2014, 07:26 PM
(07-12-2014 06:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Apparently you have Super Powers.

I'm just upset that I invited this shit and mildly embaressed that I didn't see it coming.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
07-12-2014, 07:35 PM
(07-12-2014 07:22 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 05:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yup. Hey, just noticed you are a few away from 5000 posts! Don’t you have anything better to do? Cool

I past 5,000, and unlike heathen I ain't cool, that is something I must considerWeeping

71 reps ain't anything? Consider

Quality not quantity my friend, not that I'm claiming that much quality in the majority of my posts, but you get the point I'm sure.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
07-12-2014, 07:36 PM
(07-12-2014 07:26 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 06:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Apparently you have Super Powers.

I'm just upset that I invited this shit and mildly embaressed that I didn't see it coming.

Don’t be upset, we’ll ask you to harness your powers once again with the next creotard that shows up Evil_monster

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce