Evidence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: Evidence of God
(07-12-2014 07:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 07:22 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I past 5,000, and unlike heathen I ain't cool, that is something I must considerWeeping

71 reps ain't anything? Consider

Quality not quantity my friend, not that I'm claiming that much quality in the majority of my posts, but you get the point I'm sure.

What, I don't care about that rep thing much. But my post usually don't have quality. But enough let us talk about the lack of quality priest has here

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2014, 07:59 PM
(07-12-2014 11:45 AM)aPriest Wrote:  People under 50 have not had time to mature a reasonably informed opinion, yet.

I'm 57. I have never seen credible evidence for your alleged god. Until and unless your god manifests in physical form, in My office, I shall continue to assume that it is a myth.

Quote:The tangible proof is the living soul incarnated in you.

So where does this alleged "soul" go at night, when you're in non-REM sleep and completely oblivious to your surroundings?

If a "soul" cannot maintain continuity of awareness in the absence of specific awake/aware brainwaves, the odds of it producing awareness after death -- when the brain itself is no longer functioning -- are very, very poor indeed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
07-12-2014, 08:07 PM
(07-12-2014 07:44 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  let us talk about the lack of quality priest has here

Talk about the lack of quality? We'd be here forever.

Talk about what quality he has here? Then we'd have nothing to talk about.

No

Let's go talk about something else. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-12-2014, 09:08 PM
(07-12-2014 07:21 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 02:47 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  What the hell sort of proof is this? That you know jack shit of what you're talking about? How's this proof you're a priest or that you know god exists but not part of a church? While in the woods for 40 years, were you carrying several scriptures and a bear came up, smacked them out your arms, and handed you a cross before waddling away? Why not the gods of Hinduism or what have you? Well?

Also calling bullshit on you answering questions. We've asked you questions and you've yet to answer them. Maybe one or two indirect responses out of what, many? Guess that tends to happen when you know the other person could be right but don't wanna own up andsay it. Or trolling. Either way.

Ain't no seeds planeted. This place here's like a desert; whatever seeds some dim wit drops on the ground withers up and dies beneath an onslaught of sunshine. This here thread'll dry up and we'll forget about you, probably. Theists tend to blur together. Plus its hard to be inspired by someone that blurts out things, ignores most everyone, and leaves.

Anyways, I'm hardly ever this plucky. Was fun in an annoying way. Later, hippie!

[Image: tumblr_m94peuju1R1ryljh8o1_500.gif]

God I hate dead ringer spies.

Me too. I killed them fair and square the first time godammit *shakes fist* but I thought it was somewhat fitting just in case he popped back in unannounced

[Image: notagain.gif]
08-12-2014, 07:11 AM
peer reviewed evidence that is accepted by all scientists in all fields........... only that will make us believe god exists, nothing else will do
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
08-12-2014, 07:41 AM
I got precisely this far into that unformatted wall of text:

(06-12-2014 02:26 PM)aPriest Wrote:  I am aPriest and I come in the name of the Lord.

If you want me to read your posts:
  • Format them.
  • Stop the proselytizing.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
08-12-2014, 10:02 AM
From aPriest's post #1 in this thread:

(06-12-2014 02:26 PM)aPriest Wrote:  I am aPriest and I come in the name of the Lord. Much in the manner the Lord sent Jonah to Nineveh She led me here to this forum concerned with the spiritual health of so many young intelligent people claiming to be atheists and rejecting religion.

This sounds like you are interested in saving atheist souls. (See post #3 below.)

From aPriest's post #2 in this thread (bold mine):

(06-12-2014 05:15 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Great!
I thought I would hit a nerve. The seed is planted. Now you may ban me if you wish, but some of you young people need to read it with your commentary of course.

Evidence is found by the investigator. What good would it be if I give it to you? Some of you sound like the man who wants to arrive without making the trip. Look for it or continue as you are. I made it easy for you. Don't try peyote, read the book.

The bolded parts all sound like typical things a troll would say. Drinking Beverage

From aPriest's post #3 in this thread:

(06-12-2014 06:36 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Oh very well, I'll play along for awhile.
Let's start with the soul. First I'm not interested in saving yours, that is up to the Christians, in any event I believe a true atheist does not believe in soul either.

"..not interested in saving yours..." - this seems to contradict your first post in this thread. Consider

And what's this "oh very well, I'll play along for awhile"? Are we burdening you? We didn't exactly drag your butt to this site and force you to post, ya know. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
08-12-2014, 10:11 AM
(07-12-2014 09:29 AM)aPriest Wrote:  The Word of God has been corrupted over the years.

Poor gawd, it chose a method of communication that could be corrupted. Gawd's not too bright is it...?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
08-12-2014, 10:19 AM
WHAT THE OP HAS FAILED TO DO

Darth Vader proved The Force exists with ease
08-12-2014, 04:29 PM
(07-12-2014 11:45 AM)aPriest Wrote:  People under 50 have not had time to mature a reasonably informed opinion, yet.
I did not come to prove it for you. I came to tell you where the proof is to be found. The tangible proof is the living soul incarnated in you.
Like Jonah had to walk out of Nineveh, I must do the same.
Now it is between you and God. I'll be watching what happens.

I suspect this poor deluded person has scampered away but just in case.....

So, what is dare I say "Magical" about being over 50?

Since throughout the majority of human history life expectancy from birth was nowhere near 50 (wiki link), only a select few have ever been able to arrive at an informed opinion? Care to revise that statement?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post