Evidence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Re: Evidence of God
It still assumes Yahweh, or whatever name you attribute to the Abrahamic god. There are others who assume and presuppose your soul will wait for Ragnarok or will be stuffed inside a new meatsack.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: Evidence of God
(06-12-2014 02:26 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Do you understand any of this?

The use of line breaks and paragraphs will greatly help in the sharing of your message.
25-12-2014, 04:39 PM
(06-12-2014 02:59 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Why can't we get regular irrational Christians anymore?

This could be why.
25-12-2014, 04:45 PM
(06-12-2014 03:53 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I wonder why a real man of the cloth never comes to the forum besides the fact that we tend to be a rebellious bunch. I would think that if you really believed in your own message this would be a perfect place to spread the word. Yet not one Catholic Priest, one Babtist preacher, one Mormon Elder, one Muslim Imam has graced us with their presence.

That's easy, because you're not actually interested in the topic, but just in the experience of playing the fantasy role of the Great Debunker.

If you were sincerely interested in the topic, you would be seeking such folks out instead of contenting yourself with complaining about why they don't come to you. Catholic Priests, Baptist preachers, Mormon Elders, and Muslim Imams are likely all over the net in great abundance.

I'm not claiming you should be sincerely interested in the topics addressed by religion, that would be up to you.

I'm claiming it might be clear minded to know whether you are actually interested or not. If you're not actually interested in religion (not the same as wanting to join one) you'll never be a good debunker of religion.
25-12-2014, 04:46 PM
I have faith that there is no god.
I can feel it in my heart that no gods exist.
The universe revealed the truth to me that there are no gods, never were any gods and never will be.
I read a copy of a copy of a copy of an ancient scroll that said there were no gods. I read it, I believe it and that's all there is to it.

There's your evidence
Hope that settles all this nonsense once and for all.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
25-12-2014, 04:48 PM
(06-12-2014 05:15 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Evidence is found by the investigator. What good would it be if I give it to you?

Wise, wise, wise.

Much better post than the first, welcome to the forumosphere.
25-12-2014, 06:21 PM
(06-12-2014 05:15 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Evidence is found by the investigator. What good would it be if I give it to you?

It's not evidence if you can't show it to others and let them examine it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
25-12-2014, 06:36 PM
(25-12-2014 06:21 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  It's not evidence if you can't show it to others and let them examine it.

I believe his point might be that there's no point in sharing evidence with someone whose not already looking for it themselves.

As example, many or most posters on atheist forums don't really have a sincere interest in the god inquiry (which is not the same as being religious), they just want to find some theists they can do the debunker dance on. So anything you give them gets turned in to that, a debunker dance.

If I type "the sky is blue" within 13 seconds somebody will start posting "You're so wrong, your logic sucks, we know everything already, there's nothing you can teach us..." etc etc etc. It's like an automated rejection mechanism.

I can't speak for the original poster, but that might be what he's referring to.
25-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Well, you can't debunk something that is factually true.

If the things you're saying can be debunked, then they aren't true.

Just say true statements and there shouldn't be a problem.

[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
25-12-2014, 07:11 PM
(25-12-2014 06:36 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 06:21 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  It's not evidence if you can't show it to others and let them examine it.

I believe his point might be that there's no point in sharing evidence with someone whose not already looking for it themselves.

As example, many or most posters on atheist forums don't really have a sincere interest in the god inquiry (which is not the same as being religious), they just want to find some theists they can do the debunker dance on. So anything you give them gets turned in to that, a debunker dance.

If I type "the sky is blue" within 13 seconds somebody will start posting "You're so wrong, your logic sucks, we know everything already, there's nothing you can teach us..." etc etc etc. It's like an automated rejection mechanism.

I can't speak for the original poster, but that might be what he's referring to.

I assume you can prove your assertion?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.