Evidence of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2014, 04:32 PM
RE: Evidence of God
(26-12-2014 02:34 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Man did not create God. Man created religion.
I've already told you that religion is the problem and God has nothing to do with religion.

Some of you are so influenced by religion and will not stop talking about it I find it difficult to believe you reject the existence of God at all. Your commentary leaves the impression you reject only religion, but at some point God had to be in your life. Otherwise as you say if you are born atheist why bother with this?

If religion mattered at all we would not see Judaism, Christianity, Islam and others with so many different sects and all based on the same God.

You said evidence/proof of god is within the "holy scriptures"...who do you think wrote/made those up? man. Thus man created god. Without the holy scriptures, you wouldn't know of "god"...here, I will break it down for you...

1) An un-evidenced, unverifiable God possesses certain presupposed attributes as found in religious propaganda, folklore and literature.

2) It is impossible for any presupposed un-evidenced entity to attain any verifiable attributes without the intervention of a creative entity.

3) Overwhelming evidence indicates that humans create and compose propaganda, folklore, fiction, forgery, fantasy, and literature having to do with all gods.

Therefore a creative entity superior to all presupposed gods exists, and that entity is man.

Smartass

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
26-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Preaching? I do not think of this as preaching. I am not a Preacher, Rabbi or Priest in any religion. I have not offered any religion. I came to say that God exists and I’m trying to communicate how I came to know this beyond any doubt. The problem is I know God will only become known to each of us individually so I tell you that only by doing your own research will you find God, but it is and always will be a very personal individual choice to do so. No religion will satisfy that, but Holy Scripture can, provided you are able to compartmentalize and separate God from religion then, and only then, you too may be able to come to an awareness inside you and have first hand knowledge. If you expect that I will provide you with the latitude and longitude where to find a burning bush you will be sadly disappointed and go off on your way, but if you are willing to do at least one thing I’ve already mentioned and that decision is from a sincere desire to find God, then you may ask, bitch, complain, protest to your satisfaction directly with the only one who matters and that is God and you will have knowledge of the truth, unfiltered by any Priest, Rabbi or Preacher.

If I tell you that there are human beings in other planets and that God has chosen this apparently insignificant planet earth for a specific purpose you may think it is a fantastic thing to say, but not when you will come to know it is absolutely true. However, what I find in this forum is a complete rejection of anything which does not fit the mold and that is what religion is all about and you Thinking Atheist should look at this again. Many of you are stuck on my use of the pronoun She because obviously there is no consideration in the atheist thinking mold of the absolute necessity that God must be both male and female. Some are stuck on criticism of the written word, but it is not so difficult to consider this creation as only one period of creation among an infinite number of creations each with its own big bang.

Once again I say the most obvious physical evidence for the existence of God is you, but if atheists continue to reject everything presented then there is no expert with sufficient credentials to show you evidence and you’re wasting your time asking for it. I have already told you where the evidence beyond any doubt is found and give you the freedom to find it because if I tell you everything, then I would be no better than the religious nuts you complain about.

I write for the benefit of the silent majority represented by the increasing number of readers and if 1% actually hear this message then it is already successful.
26-12-2014, 05:11 PM
(26-12-2014 04:28 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 11:39 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Really? You would go to an atheist forum to find theists?

Never said anything of the kind, you are debating an assertion of your own invention.

Really? Well neither did I. Can you not see the question mark in the remark you quoted from me?

Baba Bozo Wrote:As example, many or most posters on atheist forums don't really have a sincere interest in the god inquiry (which is not the same as being religious), they just want to find some theists they can do the debunker dance on. So anything you give them gets turned in to that, a debunker dance.

Emphasis mine.

So what are you saying here? By my reading it looks an awful lot like 'most posters on atheist forums... ...just want to find some theists they can do the debunker dance on.'

Damn! Those people must be dumb as fuck. Everybody knows that you find theists on theist forums.

And you still haven't told me the name of the "Nya-Nya-You're Wrong Two-Step".

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
26-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Hi aPriest,

I'd welcome some exchanges with you if you're up for it.

(26-12-2014 05:02 PM)aPriest Wrote:  ..... and you will have knowledge of the truth, unfiltered by any Priest, Rabbi or Preacher.

1) I really like the part about "unfiltered by any Priest, Rabbi or Preacher" by which I assume you mean any other human being.

I would describe this as being spiritual without being religious. I'm wondering how you might feel about that description. Does it work with what you're trying to say?

I'm wondering where "unfiltered by any other human being" puts all us wannabe typoholic sages? :-) If you mean that truth can not be passed from one person to another, what is our role?

2) I'm interested also in your comment, "and you will have knowledge of the truth". I'm very interested in the relationship between knowledge and truth.

What is the relationship between a photo of our friend, and our friend? I sense knowledge and truth are kinda like that. The photo is a dead thing, while the friend is alive.

Your thoughts?
26-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Baba Bozo Wrote:As example, many or most posters on atheist forums don't really have a sincere interest in the god inquiry (which is not the same as being religious), they just want to find some theists they can do the debunker dance on. So anything you give them gets turned in to that, a debunker dance.

I see your confusion, apologize for not being super duper exactly precise to save you from yourself, and label this whole exchange an exercise in pointless quibbling.

However I have a solution to prevent this from happening again.
26-12-2014, 06:06 PM
(26-12-2014 05:40 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  

I see your confusion, apologize for not being super duper exactly precise to save you from yourself, and label this whole exchange an exercise in pointless quibbling.

However I have a solution to prevent this from happening again.

Is going somewhere else the solution?

Becoming interesting and learning to write well are also options.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
26-12-2014, 08:14 PM
(06-12-2014 02:26 PM)aPriest Wrote:  Do you understand any of this?

I understand that you have provided no evidence.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
26-12-2014, 09:26 PM
(26-12-2014 05:02 PM)aPriest Wrote:  I came to say that God exists and I’m trying to communicate how I came to know this beyond any doubt.

Well, therein lies the problem. Speaking for Myself only (although others may share the sentiment), the testimony of mortals regarding gods has no value at all for Me.

I need a personal, physical encounter with a god -- No scriptures, no personal testimonies from third parties, and nothing that I could simply imagine. It would have to materialize in My office, say hello and shake My hand, and permanently turn one of My ballpoint pens into something else that I can show other people as evidence that I didn't imagine the whole thing. Until and unless that happens, I see no reason to assume that it exists.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2014, 10:28 PM
If god is a she, then what qualified her to teach you?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
26-12-2014, 10:48 PM
[Image: article-2456052-18AC837700000578-950_964x476.jpg]
I've never wondered until now whether the wildebeest deserved it.

Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like earthling's post